IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Wer r goub up I say we t gpi. Up.  We r goin up we r goub up.  Not  do RC in sote.  Yyyyueerrrrrrree

Hahaha.  That's jager speak, well jager, some cocktails and ale speak. God, messy.

Enjoy the pre season guys, all rover's players players r getting contracts and we shall see what cash Wael is willing to spend.  I expect there be more changes at your end and u can see wot lansdown is more obliging than last year.

As for Taylor v Roofe.    Anyone who thinks roofe is a better player is either from Oxford or a city fan with issues (all of you).  Roofe is a luxury player with technique to burn, stick him in a struggling side and see what happens.  Taylor is more and more like m Stewart, and will run through a wall.  Cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Hahaha.  That's jager speak, well jager, some cocktails and ale speak. God, messy.

Enjoy the pre season guys, all rover's players players r getting contracts and we shall see what cash Wael is willing to spend.  I expect there be more changes at your end and u can see wot lansdown is more obliging than last year.

As for Taylor v Roofe.    Anyone who thinks roofe is a better player is either from Oxford or a city fan with issues (all of you).  Roofe is a luxury player with technique to burn, stick him in a struggling side and see what happens.  Taylor is more and more like m Stewart, and will run through a wall.  Cheers

Getting contracts are they?

Make a change from being paid in pick 'n' mix won't it.....

Well done getting promotion from the Blow Football league.."Bobcat"

image.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Best of luck next season. Good luck with the new stadium.  Can't wait. 

I just asked the missus: "are you watching Ashton Gate?" And she said, "I'm coming. For you. I'm coming. For you." This has made me re-evaluate the Blue Few's "we're coming for you. Bristol City, we're...." They really fancy us, but we're just not that into, er, we're just not into them. 

38 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Roofe is a far superior player, playing for a much bigger club than the one Taylor plays of.

Hope this winds you up.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Can you lot please stop coming for us. It's disgusting.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Roofe > Taylor

58 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

You lot need a Roof. And a Tailor. And many other things besides.

A bit of realism is needed here. Trollope was hounded out as he kept leading them to League One mid table obscurity and now they are celebrating being back in that league that they was so desperate to leave? #GasLogic

There aim once again is to catch up with us, a couple of years in league one will be a good achievement for them. However once again they will become frustrated as they are unable to catch up with us and will hound someone else out who's performing a competent job.

Two years ago they were so shite they were relegated out of the league. They have bounced back straight away but my concern if I was them would be have they bounced back to quickly? The whole club from top to bottom is simply not a league one club and I can see them quickly returning to League Two.

Had we won the Championship play off final without a doubt we would have finished bottom of the prem because of the rapid rise would have been too much for us.

To jump two divisions and to sustain that sucess you really need a good solid infrastructure and Rovers simply do not have that.

Despite their 'billionaire Chelsea supporting owner' they simply will not be able to compete financially with many of the club's at that level, their stadium is non league standard, no academy, poor training facilities etc. Being promoted is one thing button sustain it you need all those ingredients Rovers are sadly lacking, hence why I am not remotely concerned about their coming to get us claims. 

Just look at Yeovil. Getting to the Championship destroyed them. Sam's could happen to Rovers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Londoner said:

Next season will be.

Charlton, MK Dons and Bolton are gena strengthen that division. Not forgetting the likes of Sheff Utd potentially Barnsley. 

Really??..Charlton- the worst side I've seen us play for a while.and Bolton??..league one not that tough and a steady mid-table finish for Rovers..

11 hours ago, daored said:

Well done to them, two promotions in a row is a good achievement.

A number of teams tend to have double promotions from the conference to league 1. This summer will show how much the new board have and are prepared to actually spend in the team and the new ground.

Does FFP apply? Surely they'll not be able to make a huge impact with their wallets? 

6 hours ago, Just Red said:

A bit of realism is needed here. Trollope was hounded out as he kept leading them to League One mid table obscurity and now they are celebrating being back in that league that they was so desperate to leave? #GasLogic

There aim once again is to catch up with us, a couple of years in league one will be a good achievement for them. However once again they will become frustrated as they are unable to catch up with us and will hound someone else out who's performing a competent job.

Two years ago they were so shite they were relegated out of the league. They have bounced back straight away but my concern if I was them would be have they bounced back to quickly? The whole club from top to bottom is simply not a league one club and I can see them quickly returning to League Two.

Had we won the Championship play off final without a doubt we would have finished bottom of the prem because of the rapid rise would have been too much for us.

To jump two divisions and to sustain that sucess you really need a good solid infrastructure and Rovers simply do not have that.

Despite their 'billionaire Chelsea supporting owner' they simply will not be able to compete financially with many of the club's at that level, their stadium is non league standard, no academy, poor training facilities etc. Being promoted is one thing button sustain it you need all those ingredients Rovers are sadly lacking, hence why I am not remotely concerned about their coming to get us claims. 

Just look at Yeovil. Getting to the Championship destroyed them. Sam's could happen to Rovers.

Well written and I understand exactly what you're saying.Time to consolidate in league one and find our feet .Fact is we've managed to win promotion twice on the bounce and yes it has been a shock to us all but the players have united as one solid unit , let's see what happens in the summer. Bristol as a whole is now a lot more interesting football and rugby wise !!

It has been a rollercoaster ride for all us Rovers fans .

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Does FFP apply? Surely they'll not be able to make a huge impact with their wallets? 

Salary cap in League One not FFP. As I understand it they can spend 60% of turnover on wages, but they can increase their turnover by the amount of donations and equity injections (but not loans). I could be wrong and my understanding incorrect but I think they can flex their financial muscles (how big they may be) provided it's gifted/injected by equity. 

The issue with doing so however would be in the Championship I believe they will come under FFP (set allowable losses) and I don't know if there is a transition. Therefore, whilst they could potentially spend big in League One that could create problems if they were then to be promoted. 

7 hours ago, Just Red said:

We'll see.  I confess to having found this thread increasingly depressing - particularly those posts which have said, in effect, ok Rovers have got promotion on the field, but who's got the better ground/richer chairman/better youth policy/etc.etc.  It's what happens on the field that matters and it's what happens in the moment.  Yes, we would probably have finished bottom of the Prem if we'd been promoted in 2008, but I'd still have taken that just for the excitement of winning at Wembley.

What Rovers have achieved is fantastic.  From a club in the depths of despair only two years ago, they have achieved two successive promotions, the second of them automatic.  I think that is pretty remarkable.  I think they deserve nothing but credit from us.  I suspect their biggest challenge may be to hang on to their manager, but if they do I doubt they will struggle next season and the notion that League One will destroy them is fanciful.  Yeovil had never been in the Championship before.  Rovers, on the other hand, have spent the majority of their existence in the third tier.

I admit I was hoping for a last minute Accrington goal, but then I'm a City fan.  It didn't come, so well done to them and I don't begrudge them their success.  If Forest Green could achieve a win in their play-off final, it will have been a pretty remarkable season for this part of the world.

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think both sets of supporters should take a leaf from Mr Pochettino's book. Although this probably easier to say when you have the prospect of real success in your reach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36243841

True but then again I don't remember 2007 or 2015 running onto the pitch with all fans signing "are you watching twerton/eastville/memorial".

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

Well written and I understand exactly what you're saying.Time to consolidate in league one and find our feet .Fact is we've managed to win promotion twice on the bounce and yes it has been a shock to us all but the players have united as one solid unit , let's see what happens in the summer. Bristol as a whole is now a lot more interesting football and rugby wise !!

It has been a rollercoaster ride for all us Rovers fans 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Philgas said:

It has been a rollercoaster ride for all us Rovers fans 

I really wish all your fans were similar to yourself. I am genuinely impressed with the back to back promotions. To go from finishing 2nd bottom of the league to League One is impressive. Ok I didn't want it to happen and there has been a fair amount of luck along the way but nevertheless it's still a fantastic achievement. The only thing that is going to put your future hopes at risk is your own fans. Many simply can't accept the mid table obscurity, the coming for us claims prove that.If you spent 2-3 seasons in mid table your fans will become increasingly frustrated that you havnt caught up with us yet and once again that will be your undoing. But congratulations from me, when you have been through tough times it makes the good times even more worthwhile.

They've got promotion, I didn't want them too but I'll get over it and let them get on with it.

Actually it will be interesting to see how they get on playing teams in the division that we couldn't wait to get out of. I find it hard to decide how big the actual gap is, not the league position but more the gulf in ability etc,when we haven't ever played most of the teams they have had to play in recent years. It will be a better gauge to see them playing more familiar names next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

they got just over 11.100 on Saturday, was that a sell out? I am assuming the Daggers didn't sell their allocation.......

all the Home tickets were sold. there were 11,130 officially. Daggers had their allocation reduced to 400 and only sold 291 and there was a small segregated area. (no more than 100 seats I would say)

apparently the official capacity is 11,916 according to online sources (although I guess that doesn't include any segregation) to me though that doesn't add up