IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Super said:

It's because the ' crowd ' can't make it , they've hired a minibus for the Owl Sanctuary visit on the same day and don't want to lose their deposit.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hello said:

all the Home tickets were sold. there were 11,130 officially. Daggers had their allocation reduced to 400 and only sold 291 and there was a small segregated area. (no more than 100 seats I would say)

apparently the official capacity is 11,916 according to online sources (although I guess that doesn't include any segregation) to me though that doesn't add up

A sag bead once again going on about attendances, change the bloody record will you. 11k is pathetic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's because the ' crowd ' can't make it , they've hired a minibus for the Owl Sanctuary visit on the same day and don't want to lose their deposit.

And the Owl Sanctuary doesn't refund block bookings, either. It all adds up, you know.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Just Red said:

A sag bead once again going on about attendances, change the bloody record will you. 11k is pathetic.

52 minutes ago, Hello said:

Sorry for trying to answer one of your 'friends' questions

I appreciated the answer even if Just Red didn't. I am quite impressed with that, I would imagine you lose a few seats to directors etc, they don't seem to be factored in with attendances but they are for capacity. If you could retain 75% of those sales next season, that would be even more impressive.

50 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Whilst i agree they are obsessed with attendances 11k is not pathetic it was a sell out so they probably could have got a few thousand more

I agree, doesn't matter who the team are, "fans" will often come out their houses for the bigger games, if all those people who claim to be Gasheads actually went to matches, they would have attendances closer to ours every week.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think both sets of supporters should take a leaf from Mr Pochettino's book. Although this probably easier to say when you have the prospect of real success in your reach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36243841

I think both sets of supporters should leave this leaf from Senor Pochettino's book, below

Chem2YzU4AACzHS-1170x658.jpg

where it is. In Mr Pochettino's book.

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think both sets of supporters should leave this leaf from Senor Pochettino's book, below

Chem2YzU4AACzHS-1170x658.jpg

where it is. In Mr Pochettino's book.

That's nothing less than assault.  Has nothing to do with high emotions.

9 hours ago, Philgas said:

Well written and I understand exactly what you're saying.Time to consolidate in league one and find our feet .Fact is we've managed to win promotion twice on the bounce and yes it has been a shock to us all but the players have united as one solid unit , let's see what happens in the summer. Bristol as a whole is now a lot more interesting football and rugby wise !!

It has been a rollercoaster ride for all us Rovers fans 

If someone offered you 17th -  20th next season now would you take it or do you think you can do better than that? I know a lot of your more `vocal` followers seem to think you`ll be promoted by Christmas as you`re `coming for us` but I`m genuinely interested in what a calmer head thinks.

55 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If someone offered you 17th -  20th next season now would you take it or do you think you can do better than that? I know a lot of your more `vocal` followers seem to think you`ll be promoted by Christmas as you`re `coming for us` but I`m genuinely interested in what a calmer head thinks.

I would take it.

Even Wael was not expecting to go straight up ans its a bonus. Next season is about the new ownership putting whatever ideas into place/reality (if they are to be)

Consolidation for me is key and hopefully getting a sound footing to potentially push on. Too much too soon might be a hinderance

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

I would take it.

Even Wael was not expecting to go straight up ans its a bonus. Next season is about the new ownership putting whatever ideas into place/reality (if they are to be)

Consolidation for me is key and hopefully getting a sound footing to potentially push on. Too much too soon might be a hinderance

Enjoy it mate there are some decent teams in that league and with the teams.coming back down i predict rovers to finish just outside playoffs because you might be able to keep your players now and improve the squad. 

On 5/8/2016 at 14:17, View from the Dolman said:

Is that allowed?

It's at least been the case in the past that bonuses had to be registered with the Football Association at the start of the season...

Looks like I had a point...!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Players-pay-Las-Vegas-promotion/story-29249978-detail/story.html

4 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

So the trip to the Owl Sanctuary is off too? :(

Unless Piggs promised it pre-season :noexp:

You would think by appointing Roy Hodgson, the FA would at least be sympathetic to the sanctuary visit.

• Like 1

Gas fan here.

Must say I've rarely enjoyed a thread as much as this one, especially the pages from Saturday afternoon. The fact that you have 202 pages about the fact we don't matter to you makes I laugh. This message nailed it for me though:

City > Championship

Gas> League One

End of thread. ;)

The trying-to-be-clever post from someone who clearly has no grasp of the simplest Key Stage 1 maths is brilliant. Ballbags - do you have any idea what >  means?

45 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

So the trip to the Owl Sanctuary is off too? :(

Unless Piggs promised it pre-season :noexp:

30 minutes ago, dcsbarmyarmy said:

Gas fan here.

Must say I've rarely enjoyed a thread as much as this one, especially the pages from Saturday afternoon. The fact that you have 202 pages about the fact we don't matter to you makes I laugh. This message nailed it for me though:

City > Championship

Gas> League One

End of thread. ;)

The trying-to-be-clever post from someone who clearly has no grasp of the simplest Key Stage 1 maths is brilliant. Ballbags - do you have any idea what >  means?

it's Horace's head .

30 minutes ago, dcsbarmyarmy said:

Gas fan here.

City > Championship

Gas> League One

End of thread. ;)

You assume he was using it as a mathematical symbol, rather than just a rather more exciting 'dash'...and even then it is KS2..

Please map out, as currently stands, FGR < Bristol Rovers < Bristol City.

Happier?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dcsbarmyarmy said:

Gas fan here.

City > Championship

Gas> League One

End of thread. ;)

Thanks for your input. Glad you're reading our threads though, make an account on a rival forum, read rival forums threads. Nah not obsessed.

I'm sure if someone bothered to go on slagchat they will find thread after thread of your mob predicting our relegation.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Thanks for your input. Glad you're reading our threads though, make an account on a rival forum, read rival forums threads. Nah not obsessed.

This thread only slightly makes up for all the obsession the gas had with us the relegation parties and tannoy announcements the numerous songs they sing about us etc etc, i dont think they realise we have this thread purely to wind them up and bite and its proven to work. If this forum was private i can guarantee this thread wouldnt be here.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

This thread only slightly makes up for all the obsession the gas had with us the relegation parties and tannoy announcements the numerous songs they sing about us etc etc, i dont think they realise we have this thread purely to wind them up and bite and its proven to work. If this forum was private i can guarantee this thread wouldnt be here.

At least we have the good grace to allow some of their more sensible fans to post on here as it does make for good banter and don`t just ban them the minute we have an inkling that they`re `one of them`.

I`m glad we`re not that insecure.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, dcsbarmyarmy said:

Gas fan here.

City > Championship

Gas> League One

End of thread. ;)

Nibble.

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You're forgetting their manager commenting on one of our games on a radio station.. Professional as always from the fewers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcsbarmyarmy said:

Gas fan here.

Must say I've rarely enjoyed a thread as much as this one, especially the pages from Saturday afternoon. The fact that you have 202 pages about the fact we don't matter to you makes I laugh.

Actually you'll find it's mainly 202 pages of us laughing at you...with good reason.

You obviously haven't read it.

Well done for plucking up the courage to post AFTER your promotion though. I would ask if we 'matter' to you Gasheads but there's no point, many of you have made it clear from Saturday onwards that we are clearly your Cup Final. Maybe one day you'll get your dream little fella. 

Meanwhile, on what is supposed to be the sensible of the two Gas forums, some posters are having a proper little paddy because a local radio presenter happened to say the words "mind the gap" during his show...even though it was clearly nothing to do with football. Reminds me of the 'Ragass Rovers' comment that had nothing to do with them either. Sensitive bunch mind, I think it's all getting to them.

:yawn:

• Like 4