IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

I would be happy for you if the majority of your fans didn't continually harp on about us and they concentrated on your own club. 

You have to also remember that back to back promotions from the conference to league one is not all that uncommon. So far momentum and team spirit has carried you to where you are now. Your gonna need a little bit more about you if you are gonna push on further and to be honest to even survive.

To make the jump up to the Championship is far more difficult. Donny and Yeovil have done it and have then returned to what may be considered their natural positions in the league.

Your club as a whole is a million miles away from being a Championship club. In fact I'd love to see you make the jump up to the Championship as it will destroy your club. Ala Yeovil. I know Your fans like to think your the greatest club in the world but you simply would not be able to compete financially. Even us with our healthy resources struggle to compete with the bigger boys, things are slowly changing for us but only because of our Championship experience. We have had to suck a lot of lemons and kissed many frogs and made many mistakes and spent maybe 50 million? Just to be a lower Championship side. Our biggest mistake was reaching the play off final. We should have done it how we are doing it now.

The truth is over the past 10 years your club has had similar fortunes to Cheltenham and that's the size of club I consider you to be currently.

Around 2000 you were in a similar position to us, even finished above us, however for the majority of the past 15 years we have pushed on and had some modest success at the top of league one and in the Championship, you have just gone backwards with the odd small step forwards every now and then, but then you go backwards again.

When you had the likes of Roberts, Ellington, Cureton etc I feared you. You had an impressive team in those days. I could name every single one of your players back then. Now I couldn't name one.

As a club you have returned to league one with a poorer team than you had in those days and off the field you have made no progress at all. Your stadium is identical to 16 years ago save a new roof here and there. Your youth facilities are poorer. You've lost the rugby income and your attendances have been pretty average. In all honesty you should be able to attract at least 8k in league two regularly. The fact you havnt speaks volumes.

In the same period we have pushed on and became a Championship club, Our academy is a Cat 2. We have the whole Bristol Sport model. The stadium has been rebuilt, New training ground. Our fan base continues to grow. Our whole club has been overhauled off the pitch with people like Mark Ashton coming in. We were able to attract players such as Maynard, Trundle, Sno, Hartley, Heaton and more recently Kodjia, Baker, Tomlin, Flint, Freeman etc etc. You signed a homeless guy.

Don't run before you can walk. 

What a condescending post I for one think they have done very well to get promoted to league one when I thought they would struggle to get out if conference. You make some valid points but also make us sound like some vastly superior Bristol super club when we are now only one league away from the gas and they have momentum.

also you say they always harp on about us but 205 pages on this thread suggests we are no different and most match days just as many songs are sang about rovers than our own team so we can by no means say we are not obsessed by them.

we have struggles most of the season and while I can see hope for a better one next year most of us are realists and know that bcfc is never a straightforward love affair and we could be at the same level as rovers before very long.

our fan base continues to grow? Yes agree but not at the level to fill a 27k stadium with our newsstands top tier not being used much if at all next year.

they have struggled yes but with a new owner some good players could ensure a comfortable mid table season next year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Sags love to point out that we have a 206 page on them, of course forgetting their mahoosive oh yes thread.. How many pages did that reach?

There are often threads about City on Asschat.  The difference is they start 205 different threads whereas we sensibly have just the one thread for all our Rovers related comments lasting a whole season and more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

What a condescending post I for one think they have done very well to get promoted to league one when I thought they would struggle to get out if conference. You make some valid points but also make us sound like some vastly superior Bristol super club when we are now only one league away from the gas and they have momentum.

also you say they always harp on about us but 205 pages on this thread suggests we are no different and most match days just as many songs are sang about rovers than our own team so we can by no means say we are not obsessed by them.

we have struggles most of the season and while I can see hope for a better one next year most of us are realists and know that bcfc is never a straightforward love affair and we could be at the same level as rovers before very long.

our fan base continues to grow? Yes agree but not at the level to fill a 27k stadium with our newsstands top tier not being used much if at all next year.

they have struggled yes but with a new owner some good players could ensure a comfortable mid table season next year.

Thank you 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I'd rather see them fold and disappear, I accept that's not likely to happen next year, but I can dream.......

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Has your account been hacked by a sag head? Only asking because your post is very defensive of them.

You do realise their new owner hasn't got a penny to scratch his ads withz right?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Has your account been hacked by a sag head? Only asking because your post is very defensive of them.

You do realise their new owner hasn't got a penny to scratch his ads withz right?

Agreed... Totally onesided post and miles of the mark.. Embarrassing even!!

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

This is the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome I've seen since Ten Minutes of Rough, hope you get cured soon.

Edited by Iron Man

• Admin
9 hours ago, Robin101 said:

This is quite an entertaining thread, but I don't understand why city fans can't just admit we have a rivalry with rovers and yes, quite evidently, we care about them. Nothing wrong with it.

Can you really have a rivalry with someone you never play against?

There is a whole generation of supporter that have never seen the two sides in the same league !

• Like 2

18 hours ago, redapple said:

Time to drop this thread it's petty, childish & boring . 

In my later days of playing , I was in the 3rd X1 . We won cups & leagues every season . But no way did any of us think we were better than the 1st team who played 4 divisions higher but generally finished half-way. But we enjoyed it . We were a good crowd . We enjoyed the moment . 

Let Rovers do the same . Don't rise to the bait . Don't antagonise them . Footballs a funny game . I think City have a healthy few years ahead but you just don't know . 

Have banter with your Gas mates , but this ongoing rubbish on here makes the whole City fan-base look collectively arrogant and immature which I don't think is the case . 

I've considered your words carefully, and come to the conclusion that I will continue to take the piss out of the blue few. Sorry about that old chap.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I've considered your words carefully, and come to the conclusion that I will continue to take the piss out of the blue few. Sorry about that old chap.

I will continue to take the piss out of them , I'm on a Stag Weekend with 2 of them soon , and for the first day the piss-taking will be ruthless , and believe it or not they're not bad human beings , they're reasonably intelligent , they have a sense of humour, and they can give as well as take ( ooh err) . 

I just worry ( well i don't as I have a life ) that by continuing the thread the perception to outsiders is that we're all Billy Big Bollocks , arrogant and childishly smug . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redapple said:

I will continue to take the piss out of them , I'm on a Stag Weekend with 2 of them soon , and for the first day the piss-taking will be ruthless , and believe it or not they're not bad human beings , they're reasonably intelligent , they have a sense of humour, and they can give as well as take ( ooh err) . 

I just worry ( well i don't as I have a life ) that by continuing the thread the perception to outsiders is that we're all Billy Big Bollocks , arrogant and childishly smug . 

And of course if the boot was on the other foot and we had given them the 'gifts' they have given us they wouldn't be laughing at us and acting all 'billy big bollocks' at all would they.

No rivalry on the pitch but there will always be a rivalry for me after growing up in the 80s and 90s, I suppose different generations will see it differently.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Danny P said:

No rivalry on the pitch but there will always be a rivalry for me after growing up in the 80s and 90s, I suppose different generations will see it differently.

Exactly that for me. Totally understand why some don't see what the fuss is all about but if you were around then, the rivalry was practically bred into you.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Just Red said:

Not at all just maybe more of a balanced view than yours.

i know he hasn't got money but after many years of uncertainty under Higgs they could enjoy a more stable future money or not.

mock or not not I don't care, my point still stands, I did not expect them to get out of conference first time of asking let alone get to league one 12 months later, it is a significant achievement whether you like it or not.

i may be a romantic but remember late 80's early 90's fondly that rivalry was great I could name you every rovers player from those days and loved the games the tension the aggro, the beating them in front of a packed gate...yes I have enjoyed their demise but we are not worlds apart now so be careful of gloating it has cost them in the past. Those games were the best, donowa, tinnion penalty, 4-2 at twerton, any true city fan would agree.

• Like 1

On 11 May 2016 at 12:59, Just Red said:

I would be happy for you if the majority of your fans didn't continually harp on about us and they concentrated on your own club. 

We have the whole Bristol Sport model. The stadium has been rebuilt, New training ground.

Fans in a two club city will always talk about their rivals and a 206 page thread on 'them' suggests we harp on about them too!

And have we got a new training ground? Thought it was still at Failand? What's new up there? Genuine question by the way JR, not saying you're wrong.

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fans in a two club city will always talk about their rivals and a 206 page thread on 'them' suggests we harp on about them too!

And have we got a new training ground? Thought it was still at Failand? What's new up there? Genuine question by the way JR, not saying you're wrong.

This 

5 hours ago, ernie goodthing said:

We need to get this thread to 300 pages to prove just how little we care...

Not sure why people seem so concerned that we have such a big thread about our nearest and bitterest rivals, surely this is natural? Of course if the thread annoys people, you can just ignore it

• Like 3