IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Not sure why people seem so concerned that we have such a big thread about our nearest and bitterest rivals, surely this is natural? Of course if the thread annoys people, you can just ignore it

The thread would only be 29 pages long if it wasn't for people posting in it just to moan about the thread.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Iron Man said:

And about only 10 pages long if the large contingent of sags didn't post on here

About 6/7 of us?

Cue predictable responses suggesting 6/7 is actually a large amount for us :)

Of course it would have been many more than 6/7, but many of us were locked outside the forum.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

About 6/7 of us?

Of course it would have been many more than 6/7, but many of us were locked outside the forum.

Those that remember the derbies will miss them.  Many of us have gas friends and relatives so there will always be a sense of rivalry if only to gloat in the fact the other lost on any given day.

It matters less than it used to but pretending it doesn't matter at all  is just arse-ended one upmanship.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 21:59, Red-Robbo said:

There are often threads about City on Asschat.  The difference is they start 205 different threads whereas we sensibly have just the one thread for all our Rovers related comments lasting a whole season and more.

The thing is, there are not often threads about you on "Asschat" and nothing anywhere near the level of the obsession on here. Lets not forget your 417 page NLBR thread, thats 623 pages in total, or 24,882 posts in two years on a team you apparently couldn't care about. Even with your huge threads you still manage to create separate ones that have to be merged.

What's funny is that the top four posters in this thread make up 1/8th of the total posts, and they're also four who claim they don't care about us and that we're obsessed.

Imagine storming the league, winning the JPT and then going in the Grimsby end at Wembley to witness the winning penalty up close.

Vstt7Eg.png

RQ9EEgr.png

13 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

The thing is, there are not often threads about you on "Asschat" and nothing anywhere near the level of the obsession on here. Lets not forget your 417 page NLBR thread, thats 623 pages in total, or 24,882 posts in two years on a team you apparently couldn't care about. Even with your huge threads you still manage to create separate ones that have to be merged.

What's funny is that the top four posters in this thread make up 1/8th of the total posts, and they're also four who claim they don't care about us and that we're obsessed.

Imagine storming the league, winning the JPT and then going in the Grimsby end at Wembley to witness the winning penalty up close.

Where did you find that info? Or did you obsessively collate those stats? :)

13 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Vstt7Eg.png

RQ9EEgr.png

I don't need to imagine storming a league and winning the JPT,  we did it the season before last in a division you've only just spawned into on goal difference. As for Grimsby,  I can't remember the time we played the likes of them. Too long ago.

This thread would be considerably smaller if Gasheads didn't keep contributing to it with ridiculous posts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Vstt7Eg.png

RQ9EEgr.png

But you post on our forum and have a conisiderable post count considering considering you don't even support city.  Funny though when you did go up I saw more posts about us rather than your promotion. Let's not forget your new song you're so prowed to sing on the pitch after you got promoted. I can't remember once signing are you watching memorial ground after we got promoted last year...

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

The thing is, there are not often threads about you on "Asschat" and nothing anywhere near the level of the obsession on here.

Bullshit....Also, any threads that do appear about City quickly rack up several pages in a very short space of time. Considering you only have a fraction of the number of members that OTIB has its shows a degree of desire amongst you to discuss City.

Lets not forget your 417 page NLBR thread, thats 623 pages in total, or 24,882 posts in two years on a team you apparently couldn't care about.

The 'Oh Yes' thread on your old forum was big, and we were a division above you in the Championship. I can't even begin to imagine the levels of joy amongst your fans if City ever dropped out of the entire league. Some Gasheads admit they'd absolutely rip into us if the tables were turned and I respect that honesty. Whiney little nobs like you are exactly the sort of hypocrite Gasheads I enjoy taking the piss out of.

You are obsessed, I've never registered on a Rovers forum to w@nk off over the fact that we've taken a handful more fans than you to Nottingham or wherever. "Are you watching Ashton Gate", "we're coming for you shitheads", putting our scores on your scoreboard during the game. Strange behaviour when you claim you don't 'care' about City.

I know several Gasheads who bought tickets for the Walsall end at Wembley last season. Why do you think they did that?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

But you post on our forum and have a conisiderable post count considering considering you don't even support city.  Funny though when you did go up I saw more posts about us rather than your promotion. Let's not forget your new song you're so prowed to sing on the pitch after you got promoted. I can't remember once signing are you watching memorial ground after we got promoted last year...

Only because it doesn't scan well :)

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Vstt7Eg.png

RQ9EEgr.png

Of course you (or some Gashead) has not obsessively looked at a photo of your winning goal and found a red shirt to then obsess about some more. Or counted up the amount of pages on threads about your team. Or the average amount of posts by certain posters on OUR forum. No conflicts there with your argument about obsessing at all there eh?!

As for the photo.  Could be all sorts of reasons they were there to suffer your teams performance if indeed it is a city shirt. How are you to know?  For instance in May 2001 I was going out with a girl whose best mate was by happy coincidence a Wycombe fan and wanted to watch the game at your place and invited me along. Would've been rude to turn them down so I had a very legitimate reason to accompany them to the Memorial ground when they managed to relegate you to the Basement.  What an enjoyable evening that was, even if I did have  to pretend to support Wycombe for 90 minutes!  Perhaps our friend in the photo has a similar type story.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super said:

In what way?

In the way that you are all obsessing over Rovers... They've done well fair play to them but at the end of the day there just another league 1 football team.. 

I don't understand why you don't just discuss the championship or something relevant to our club? Rovers are none of those

4 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

About 6/7 of us?

The tremendous irony about Rovers' fans being locked out of away games is that the only game I remember fans being locked out of was City v Rovers two years on the bounce in the mid-nineties and it was City fans locked out.  

Maybe that's where you got the idea from?

8 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

In the way that you are all obsessing over Rovers... They've done well fair play to them but at the end of the day there just another league 1 football team.. 

I don't understand why you don't just discuss the championship or something relevant to our club? Rovers are none of those

This is why we have one thread..

2 hours ago, Super said:

They are made up numbers, It's what they do.

They aren't. If you click on the number of replies under the thread title on the main page it brings up the most frequent posters. In my defence I'd wager half of mine were explanations re the stadium dispute proceedings.

13 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Silly to say they are just another league one team. They are still our rivals.

20 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

FFS i really dont understand this type of attitude, do you not remember how good proper derby days were with them? Do you not think this is what makes football special having bitter rivals..?mate football is at the worst it has ever been, watered down crap for the most part. You take this kind of thing away and what are you left with? A plastic corporate heap of shit! If you cant enjoy and embrace a good rivalry with your City neighbours then fo0k me why dont we all just give up City and take up bowls on a Saturday afternoon ay?

Edited by bris red
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

FFS i really dont understand this type of attitude, do you not remember how good proper derby days were with them? Do you not think this is what makes football special having bitter rivals..?mate football is at the worst it has ever been, watered down crap for the most part. If you cant enjoy a good rivalry with your City neighbours then fo0k me why dont we all just give up and take up bowls on a Saturday afternoon ay?

Exactly mate, some in here just don't get it. 

• Like 2

The majority of this thread has been taking the piss out of a shambles of a football club that has also been NON LEAGUE .If it was the other way round do u think sagheads would be saying. Gashead 1 " city just been relegated to non league. Gashead 2 " ye I know but doesn't the pitch look nice at the mem . Now they are league 1 this thread is not as good . But I've thoroughly enjoyed their demise over the last few years. But all good things come to an end . For now . OTIB 

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Where did you find that info? Or did you obsessively collate those stats? :)

ilgMI8h.png

3 hours ago, Super said:

They are made up numbers, It's what they do.

Said Super, in his 147th post of the thread.

54 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

You have 319 posts in a thread about Bristol Rovers. Can you not? You probably went to Wembley then right? Good view of the penalty?

45 minutes ago, lenred said:

Of course you (or some Gashead) has not obsessively looked at a photo of your winning goal and found a red shirt to then obsess about some more. Or counted up the amount of pages on threads about your team. Or the average amount of posts by certain posters on OUR forum. No conflicts there with your argument about obsessing at all there eh?!

As for the photo.  Could be all sorts of reasons they were there to suffer your teams performance if indeed it is a city shirt. How are you to know?  For instance in May 2001 I was going out with a girl whose best mate was by happy coincidence a Wycombe fan and wanted to watch the game at your place and invited me along. Would've been rude to turn them down so I had a very legitimate reason to accompany them to the Memorial ground when they managed to relegate you to the Basement.  What an enjoyable evening that was, even if I did have  to pretend to support Wycombe for 90 minutes!  Perhaps our friend in the photo has a similar type story.......

skAX1EY.png

54 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I would love to have a conversation with you Peter, but you don't half talk some shit for someone with a combined 659 posts, and counting, about us. What you can do though, is show me a picture of a Rovers top in the Walsall end at Wembley when you were there. Or do they not exist?

Most of my posts come from replying to ****wits like you. :laugh: I have zero posts on slagchat and your other forum mind.. You're complaining "obsessed teds" on a Bristol City forum, where you actually took time out of your day to make an account and post your nonsensical BS.. I'd dare you to log off and not post again, but you couldn't could you?

Also I think it's great you chose your username based on how many brain cells you got, efficient.

Edited by Iron Man

50 minutes ago, bris red said:

FFS i really dont understand this type of attitude, do you not remember how good proper derby days were with them? Do you not think this is what makes football special having bitter rivals..?mate football is at the worst it has ever been, watered down crap for the most part. You take this kind of thing away and what are you left with? A plastic corporate heap of shit! If you cant enjoy and embrace a good rivalry with your City neighbours then fo0k me why dont we all just give up City and take up bowls on a Saturday afternoon ay?

I've been at every Bristol Derby since 89 so I understand THE rivalry from back then.... Sadly it's dead and buried under 16 years of nothingness... Rovers are about as much rivals as Oxford and Plymouth A..

We are light years ahead in infrastructure and finances so to call them ligitamate rivals is just plain ******* stupid..

the he only Rival is the fear that has always existed, the fear of playing them again on a level playing field, personally I feel they've more chance o being relegated than promoted from league 1..

• Like 1