IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

In the way that you are all obsessing over Rovers... They've done well fair play to them but at the end of the day there just another league 1 football team.. 

I don't understand why you don't just discuss the championship or something relevant to our club? Rovers are none of those

Aww bloody hell here we go again, once a week this happens now.

You know we do it to wind them up ever since their relegation party which was promptly followed by their relegation out the league. Now we give it to them back they cant take it and now some of our fans dont get it either....

If you dont like it dont read it .... simples

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I would love to have a conversation with you Peter, but you don't half talk some shit for someone with a combined 659 posts, and counting, about us. What you can do though, is show me a picture of a Rovers top in the Walsall end at Wembley when you were there. Or do they not exist?

Why would I have to show you a picture? I said that I personally know several Gasheads who went to Wembley when we played Walsall, I don't need pictures of them. 

Just so I know, what part of my previous response to you or any other posts, am I talking shit? You've taken the trouble to sign up to a City fans forum so you may as well have that conversation....or are you just here because you 'care' about us?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I've been at every Bristol Derby since 89 so I understand THE rivalry from back then.... Sadly it's dead and buried under 16 years of nothingness... Rovers are about as much rivals as Oxford and Plymouth A..

We are light years ahead in infrastructure and finances so to call them ligitamate rivals is just plain ******* stupid..

the he only Rival is the fear that has always existed, the fear of playing them again on a level playing field, personally I feel they've more chance o being relegated than promoted from league 1..

It will never be dead and buried. So who are our rivals? And please don't say cardiff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I've been at every Bristol Derby since 89 so I understand THE rivalry from back then.... Sadly it's dead and buried under 16 years of nothingness... Rovers are about as much rivals as Oxford and Plymouth A..

We are light years ahead in infrastructure and finances so to call them ligitamate rivals is just plain ******* stupid..

the he only Rival is the fear that has always existed, the fear of playing them again on a level playing field, personally I feel they've more chance o being relegated than promoted from league 1..

If you think it's dead and buried you obviously don't live or work in Bristol.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

ilgMI8h.png

Said Super, in his 147th post of the thread.

You have 319 posts in a thread about Bristol Rovers. Can you not? You probably went to Wembley then right? Good view of the penalty?

skAX1EY.png

I would love to have a conversation with you Peter, but you don't half talk some shit for someone with a combined 659 posts, and counting, about us. What you can do though, is show me a picture of a Rovers top in the Walsall end at Wembley when you were there. Or do they not exist?

Ah, the supreme irony of a 15er quite literally obsessing about post numbers, post percentages, top posters on a thread, photos of people at Wembley and attacking a BRISTOL CITY fan on a BRISTOL CITY FORUM.

Amazing.

promotions from tin pot leagues and an owner with a minority holding in a small middle eastern bank might buy you a £15k watch... But it cannot buy the joy you've given me.

p.s. I'm guessing under 20 posts for me. If you could confirm that would be great

Edited by Son Of Nob
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, lenred said:

Of course you (or some Gashead) has not obsessively looked at a photo of your winning goal and found a red shirt to then obsess about some more. Or counted up the amount of pages on threads about your team. Or the average amount of posts by certain posters on OUR forum. No conflicts there with your argument about obsessing at all there eh?!

As for the photo.  Could be all sorts of reasons they were there to suffer your teams performance if indeed it is a city shirt. How are you to know?  For instance in May 2001 I was going out with a girl whose best mate was by happy coincidence a Wycombe fan and wanted to watch the game at your place and invited me along. Would've been rude to turn them down so I had a very legitimate reason to accompany them to the Memorial ground when they managed to relegate you to the Basement.  What an enjoyable evening that was, even if I did have  to pretend to support Wycombe for 90 minutes!  Perhaps our friend in the photo has a similar type story.......

photo shop

8 hours ago, Seventeen said:

The thing is, there are not often threads about you on "Asschat" and nothing anywhere near the level of the obsession on here. Lets not forget your 417 page NLBR thread, thats 623 pages in total, or 24,882 posts in two years on a team you apparently couldn't care about. Even with your huge threads you still manage to create separate ones that have to be merged.

What's funny is that the top four posters in this thread make up 1/8th of the total posts, and they're also four who claim they don't care about us and that we're obsessed.

Imagine storming the league, winning the JPT and then going in the Grimsby end at Wembley to witness the winning penalty up close.

Vstt7Eg.png

RQ9EEgr.png

Having zoomed in on this picture as best as I can that really doesn't look like a City shirt to me, looks quartered on a "slash" design? Just having red on means nothing, I used to have a blue overcoat I wore to the gate on colder days, it means nothing. In fact I would go as far as to say it is this Grimsby Away kit.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/the-football-database/images/9/98/Grimsby_Town_Kit_2008-09.png/revision/latest?cb=20140811135158 

Edited by Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Son Of Nob said:

Ah, the supreme irony of a 15er quite literally obsessing about post numbers, post percentages, top posters on a thread, photos of people at Wembley and attacking a BRISTOL CITY fan on a BRISTOL CITY FORUM.

Amazing.

promotions from tin pot leagues and an owner with a minority holding in a small middle eastern bank might buy you a £15k watch... But it cannot buy the joy you've given me.

p.s. I'm guessing under 20 posts for me. If you could confirm that would be great

Sam, this deserves a LIKE all of its own !:clap::clap:

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Having zoomed in on this picture as best as I can that really doesn't look like a City shirt to me, looks quartered on a "slash" design? Just having red on means nothing, I used to have a blue overcoat I wore to the gate on colder days, it means nothing. In fact I would go as far as to say it is this Grimsby Away kit.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/the-football-database/images/9/98/Grimsby_Town_Kit_2008-09.png/revision/latest?cb=20140811135158 

Its kind of inpossible to say, although I think their away strip was the blue you see a few wearing at the front. Looks to me just a dude wearing red with a Grimsby scarf. For all I know might be one of ours. Who knows or cares.

I pop in to this thread and find it helpful to see all the gas stuff in one place, rather than in seperate threads. I enjoy the bit of banter with some gas fans who engage. Endless posts about 'kill the thread they are irrelevant', and from gas fans who just join up to post endlessly about how obsessed we are with them (think about that for one moment)  do get dull however.

In some ways hope there are no more Derbys for decades, in other ways, would love them again. One bad season away for us in truth now but who knows. Way its been for a lot of my life.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

skAX1EY.png

Far more importantly, why is Bubbles (Trailer Park Boys) at the game?  Which then leads to the question, is he:

A) An actual Grimbsy Town Fan

B) Another one of us gert dirty Sh*t-heads turning up to cause trouble

C) One of the many, many thousands of Gas-heads forced to buy a ticket in the Grimbsy end?

My money is on B as he is the only one who talks any sense in that show.  Though you have to say fair play to all the hordes of Gas in the Grimbsy end for showing remarkable restraint in the face of blatant provocation from our lot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Grimsby away kit??

I lolled.

Edited by Weezord

Any of our fans saying that we don't care about Rovers anymore is deluded and just plain wrong. They may have been insignificant on the pitch for us over the last 16 years but that doesn't mean they aren't our rivals anymore. They could be playing on the downs league for all I care, I'd still hate the bastards and wish nothing but misery on them. Just admit the fact that they always will be our biggest rivals and nothing is ever going to change that.

And the sag fans accusing us of obsessing over them can go and do one as well. Last time I was back home, I was drinking in a pub near the bus station and overheard a load of your fans talking... Pretty much all the talk was about us, very little on your own team. You are as obsessed with us as much as you claim we are with you, the same as any other rivalry in the UK. Cheap point scoring, mocking, hypocritical comments... Yep, its part of being in a two team city and I wouldn't expect any less from either set of fans.

If people are so "precious" about it, then why not support a team like Reading or Bournemouth that have no rivals and nobody gives a s**t about.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

It's nothing like Oxford or Plymouth.. Swindon in recent times or even Cardiff..

Ashton Gate is a completely different place when we play them. Like it or not, they are our intercity rivals and always will be as long as we both exist. Even if we were top of the premier league and they were back in the conference this thread will still be lurking about.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's nothing like Oxford or Plymouth.. Swindon in recent times or even Cardiff..

Ashton Gate is a completely different place when we play them. Like it or not, they are our intercity rivals and always will be as long as we both exist. Even if we were top of the premier league and they were back in the conference this thread will still be lurking about.

The cardiff game at the gate this season proved that, horrendous atmosphere and not even a sell out.

• Like 1

So some City/Gas think each others fans are obsessed, some don't. 

Some City/Gas think it''s 'banter'or laughing at rather than obsession, some don't. 

Some City/Gas think we are rivals, with various criteria seeming to be applicable/not applicable, some don't. 

Some City/Gas think Wael has no/some/lots/significant funds.

In reality all are correct depending upon the perception of the individuals in question, including the last point that relates to your starting position on wealth, relative to beneficial ownership of a football club.

From my first derby at the start of the 80's I gradually began to hate these matches as the outcome had too much riding on it at school/work. After leaving Bristol for London for 12 years and now being in Wiltshire, I don't feel the day to day impact of the Gas but still have family and friends both Red and Blue - social media has taken away any hiding place also. 

To me, they are our 'historic' rivals in respect of 'bants' between friends and family and always will be, just not on the pitch at the moment ... that's it for me in a nutshell really, but will be different for others.

Personally can't see I'm obsessed as never posted once on the NLBR thread or this one ............ until now :facepalm:

COYR

• Like 1

To me Rovers are the stain that stops Bristol having a proud history in the top league.

Small time to never reach the Prem but just enough to affect our support.

Given the choice of seeing City v Rovers regularly or City v Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal? Its a no brainer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

To me Rovers are the stain that stops Bristol having a proud history in the top league.

Small time to never reach the Prem but just enough to affect our support.

Given the choice of seeing City v Rovers regularly or City v Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal? Its a no brainer.

But you got to the top. I guess that was Rovers fault you fell and fell aand went bust.:laugh:

On 14 May 2016 at 11:09, Hello said:

But you got to the top. I guess that was Rovers fault you fell and fell aand went bust.:laugh:

From what I understand you were very close to going bust before the Jordanian "billionaire" took over.

Let's see how funny going bust is when Wael leaves you high and dry in a couple of years.

On 14 May 2016 at 05:14, Phileas Fogg said:

I was at the gate that balmy evening in 2013 when we played the Sags in the JPT, now that was rivalry at its extreme. The atmosphere before, during and after is what it's all about. Nothing else compares and made sweeter by the result.

unless there is an outside chance of another cup game F.A or League then can't see us crossing swords with them for a long time in a league game

• Like 1