IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Funny who you bump into on a social occasion and what you make small talk about isn't it?

I mean there's a saying that comes to mind in situations like this.."Loose Lips Sink (Pirate) Ships". 

Oh! my, I am going to belly laugh so intensely when their particular Pirate Ship has to traverse the choppy waters ahead and inevitably run aground.

You think the relegation to Non League was hilarious? Wait for it cos it's going to get a whole lot funnier....

I'm off back to the party to see what other prize gems are going to fall my way, nothing quite like alcohol to loosen people up. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Funny who you bump into on a social occasion and what you make small talk about isn't it?

I mean there's a saying that comes to mind in situations like this.."Loose Lips Sink (Pirate) Ships". 

Oh! my, I am going to belly laugh so intensely when their particular Pirate Ship has to traverse the choppy waters ahead and inevitably run aground.

You think the relegation to Non League was hilarious? Wait for it cos it's going to get a whole lot funnier....

I'm off back to the party to see what other prize gems are going to fall my way, nothing quite like alcohol to loosen people up. 

Oh please enlighten us, I can hardly wait!!!

38 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

tease!

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

So you'll be happy and think you'll cope if no new signings come in during the summer?

Alternatively, he could spend his trillions building a legoland bowl but he doesn't seem too interested in that either

They will be comfortable in league one..mid table finish won't be a problem-not a big step up,that's for sure!!

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

So you'll be happy and think you'll cope if no new signings come in during the summer?

Alternatively, he could spend his trillions building a legoland bowl but he doesn't seem too interested in that either

12 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Just heard they are now the 10th richest club in England....

Oh yes a billionaire who is not listed anywhere in any rich list not even in Jordan and so rich that he has to seek investment to build a new stadium because apparently "no one person could fund such and undertaking", so perhaps looking for investors to help buy Tubbs.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

No.

Who we let go is more of a test, are rover's still a selling club.  Well, to a degree we r all selling clubs, but u get my drift.

I thought your club had just made a massive statement of intent by offering a squad full of conference players new contracts?

Granted, that doesn't mean Wally won't make funds available, but with wage caps based on turnover in place will he be able to get quality in if the wage bill has been blown on some bloke who 3 years ago had to get up to deliver post.

It's interesting that none of the 14 players out of contract has yet resigned.  Presumably cogniscent of how wealthy the new owner is, constantly bragged about on slagchat. their agents will be asking for 200 - 300% pay rises.

The same will apply to potential new signings who will be looking to relieve Mr Wally of some of his lolly.

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought your club had just made a massive statement of intent by offering a squad full of conference players new contracts?

Granted, that doesn't mean Wally won't make funds available, but with wage caps based on turnover in place will he be able to get quality in if the wage bill has been blown on some bloke who 3 years ago had to get up to deliver post.

£9k a week offered to Taylor, on very good authority. 

Something about 3rd party ownership. 

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

£9k a week offered to Taylor, on very good authority. 

Something about 3rd party ownership. 

Wasn't it 3rd party ownership that resulted in the whole Tevez/West Ham/Sheffield United thing?

Got to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it works, other than it isn't allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasn't it 3rd party ownership that resulted in the whole Tevez/West Ham/Sheffield United thing?

Got to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it works, other than it isn't allowed.

That and a few other nuggets I gleaned last night. 

Waiting for the hangover to die down and I'll pass a few more on...

25 minutes ago, cynic said:

As he's out of contract I suppose it would make sense for them to pay him 450k pa rather than spend that on another striker.

But they are heading for trouble if they're thinking of 3rd party ownership.

If the player has any sense, he'll be off to something bigger and better I would have thought.

I heard Reading mentioned. 

On 21 May 2016 at 12:37, Charliesboots said:

That and a few other nuggets I gleaned last night. 

Waiting for the hangover to die down and I'll pass a few more on...

Did you get the chance to share more on this Charliesboots? Apologies if missed, but sounded pretty interesting? :0)

The gift that keeps on giving. Listening to the gash about their non existent billionaire is like watching Monty Python's Life of Brian.  When Wally was quoted in an interview with sunday Independent saying his family are rich,but NOT billionaires, you could here the blue few desperately yell back,oh yes you are oh yes you are. As the Monty python classic shows the crowd gathered in Denial as Brian shouts down to them,I am not the Messiah, the crowd continue to shout back, you are,you are..    As Wally says, he's not a billionaire. That's why he's trying to get a loan (finance) to offload on the non believers. Even with the loan money he will find that financial fair play will give him a good excuse for not splashing the dosh. 

• Like 1

Miah,

I see (according to EP) one of your Leg-ends was injured in an RTA over the weekend.

You will have watched him, as I did. My point is ,where does the EP get off calling "LEGEND" on any hobbledehoy who happens to pull on a jesters shirt for a couple of games?

I refer of course to the world renowned.... Christian McLean !

(wish him quick recovery BTW )

On 5/22/2016 at 08:26, INCRED said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/watch-fan-appears-punch-police-8020015

has this dastardly act spread following our neighbours relegation a few years ago or were they on a day out in Glasgow and got a bit exciteable?

That was just some dirty 'ted in a red shirt who only turned up to cause trouble :grr: