IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I hope DC is smart enough not to go there.

That's no disrespect to Leeds, more so their owner as the article clearly points out he's trigger happy. I wasn't worried when he was put in at 12/1 or whatever but he's down to evens now in the space of a few hours. 

For what it's worth Super, the tinpot comment was clearly sarcastic.

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I hope DC is smart enough not to go there.

That's no disrespect to Leeds, more so their owner as the article clearly points out he's trigger happy. I wasn't worried when he was put in at 12/1 or whatever but he's down to evens now in the space of a few hours. 

For what it's worth Super, the tinpot comment was clearly sarcastic.

That might be your problem.

• Like 5

Why would anybody go to Leeds?

Is the salary huge?

Is there a guaranteed severance package when they get fired a couple months down the line?

I suppose if the answer to either is yes then some mercenaries will go there.

I don't think DC is that stupid. But time will tell if he is.

Karl Robinson has apparently had an epiphany and ruled himself out.

• Like 1

Just broke out for lunch here in Arkansas where it's a lovely 24 degrees sunny, cloudless sky kind of a day, we've got a tasty warm buffet laid on with some very sumptuous looking strawberries I'm eyeing up for dessert.

What could make such a wonderful lunchtime even better? I know my phone going wild with the news of "The Dogfather" himself speaking to Leeds Utd.

Now I can say a little over a Million £ a year is on the table and he's not going to get much assurances from his new owner Wael as his contract negotiations there haven't even been discussed but what do you expect from a club who wouldn't buy new goal nets when DC asked for them so bought them himself.

The "Owner" (and I say that loosely) has no money, he hasn't put anything in to the club other than buying out Piggy and Co. 

Oh actually he did buy them new catering facilities A NEW BURGERVAN to help increase match day hospitality revenue, so add that to the Asphalt for the UWE car park it's a win win situation.

If it's all definitely on then DC will be gone, there's no love lost between him and the new regime.

As for the Stadium? When your going cap in hand around City financiers like a desperate scene from 'The Producers' (as one friend told me the meeting went) to get capital then you know it's going to end badly especially when your OWN FAMILY BANK can't raise the money itself.

"Thousand foot barge pole" described another friends reaction to them too.

Still they remain delusional and the messiah will deliver.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Why would anybody go to Leeds?

Is the salary huge?

Is there a guaranteed severance package when they get fired a couple months down the line?

I suppose if the answer to either is yes then some mercenaries will go there.

I don't think DC is that stupid. But time will tell if he is.

Karl Robinson has apparently had an epiphany and ruled himself out.

I suppose it's like the Newcastle job in that they all go there knowing if they get it right they will be legends and highly paid ones at that . But the truth is for one reason or another they all fail. Leeds is still a huge job in this division if the money's right he will take it and he will fail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

I suppose it's like the Newcastle job in that they all go there knowing if they get it right they will be legends and highly paid ones at that . But the truth is for one reason or another they all fail. Leeds is still a huge job in this division if the money's right he will take it and he will fail.

Just over a million a year 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness if it goes pear shaped this season at rovers those owners won't hesitate to get rid of him.

True , he has to move whilst his stock his high . If they have a bad start he will be sacked just not with as much money as when Leeds sack him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Leeds pay stupid money

Haha stupid money for a dopey man. What a step up that would be for dopey though. From non league rovers to Leeds who lets face it is the biggest club in the league along with villa and the toon.

If he does go though could you imagine warnock joining the gas :clapping::clapping:

Someone on Slagchat thinks the Dopemeister would be mad to go to Leeds because, amongst other things, Rovers have a huge fanbase.

Clubs like Leeds Utd must look at the Gas Season Ticket sales in the region of 4-5k (after a promotion season) and wonder how they can ever compete against such a Goliath of English football?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I suppose its a fair guess they do.

I wish it were a guess mate. 

Approx 20k a week built up with bonus and severance package. So factoring in tax £30-40k a month is what they are prepared to pay  

It was so laughable I had to ask three times the person who would definitely know these things.

Leeds are throwing money at contracts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I wish it were a guess mate. 

Approx 20k a week built up with bonus and severance package. So factoring in tax £30-40k a month is what they are prepared to pay  

It was so laughable I had to ask three times the person who would definitely know these things.

Leeds are throwing money at contracts.

83f6676d85f941a5bbb98e367d5fdcb1.gif

• Like 4