IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Just broke out for lunch here in Arkansas where it's a lovely 24 degrees sunny, cloudless sky kind of a day, we've got a tasty warm buffet laid on with some very sumptuous looking strawberries I'm eyeing up for dessert.

What could make such a wonderful lunchtime even better? I know my phone going wild with the news of "The Dogfather" himself speaking to Leeds Utd.

Now I can say a little over a Million £ a year is on the table and he's not going to get much assurances from his new owner Wael as his contract negotiations there haven't even been discussed but what do you expect from a club who wouldn't buy new goal nets when DC asked for them so bought them himself.

The "Owner" (and I say that loosely) has no money, he hasn't put anything in to the club other than buying out Piggy and Co. 

Oh actually he did buy them new catering facilities A NEW BURGERVAN to help increase match day hospitality revenue, so add that to the Asphalt for the UWE car park it's a win win situation.

If it's all definitely on then DC will be gone, there's no love lost between him and the new regime.

As for the Stadium? When your going cap in hand around City financiers like a desperate scene from 'The Producers' (as one friend told me the meeting went) to get capital then you know it's going to end badly especially when your OWN FAMILY BANK can't raise the money itself.

"Thousand foot barge pole" described another friends reaction to them too.

Still they remain delusional and the messiah will deliver.

Hang on. But they are the 6 richest club in England. It must be true. They wouldn't have carried him down Gloucester Road otherwise.

His Sedan Chair was being MOT'd at the time.

Must be true. Surely. 

#gaslogic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

If Leeds come calling he'd be mad not to go, he's in a win/win situation, if he succeeds he's a hero and if he fails it would all be down to a nutty chairman, if he has any ambition he'd be gone as he's taken Rovers as far as they can go

A lot in that.

You will be lucky to be competitive in League One without a significant budget.

It could be that Wally makes funds available, in which case they might make fair stab at it and maybe surprise a few, but with championship squads getting relegated and some clubs in League One being far too big for the level they're in (Bolton and Sheffield United) this will be a fair challenge for them.

If Wally doesn't have the funds to support them, wouldn't be surprised if he cashed in early.

He could do quite nicely out of it.

In the interests of balance, can someone do an A4 laminate of this please? 

OMG the blue few / 15'ers are so deeeelooooded!! They really are the gift that keeps on giving! We don't even care about them anymore because we are an established championship club with loads more fans than they will ever have. Everyone likes us more than them and our manager is not only a tactical genius, he's much better at giving interviews. Our ground is going to hold 27,000 rugby fans next year and we didn't even have to steal it because our owner is bloody loaded. Why don't those sags follow his example and be turncoats, they know they want to because they're just bitter that their rivals are sooo much bigger and better. And the best bit is we don't even see THEM as our rivals!!  Ha, the gift!

I was bantering with a gas head at school the other day and guess what!! He said that we might be playing derbies again in 2 years and that they could have a big ground too!! Totally deeeeloooded, what a gift! This proves that their entire fan base (which isn't even as big as ours) is totally obsessed with us. I told him we don't care about you one tiny bit, we never sing about you at the Gate and nobody even speaks of Bristol Rovers anymore! Ha! 

Their shirt is shit and Irene is a slag. But I wouldn't even know what their shirt looks like of how Irene goes because they aren't even rivals! I was chatting to a Real Madrid fan the other day and he had heard of us but not them!  When I told him they got relegated to the conference and that we never talk about them anymore he couldn't believe it. Have that you blue bastards!

Our song is much better than theirs and when the whole ground sings it, they can hear us up at Bemmee Down library. Oh when the red red Robbin shoots his Bob, Bob Bobbin it's time to move along. Shhh. Tick, tock, tick, tock, mind the gap gassers! 

Not a direct quote admittedly but IMO a reasonable summary of the first 211 pages on this thread.

On 20/05/2016 at 16:57, Somerset Red said:

Maybe the Sags that used to post quite frequently on here have finally cottoned on to that 

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A lot in that.

You will be lucky to be competitive in League One without a significant budget.

It could be that Wally makes funds available, in which case they might make fair stab at it and maybe surprise a few, but with championship squads getting relegated and some clubs in League One being far too big for the level they're in (Bolton and Sheffield United) this will be a fair challenge for them.

If Wally doesn't have the funds to support them, wouldn't be surprised if he cashed in early.

He could do quite nicely out of it.

At the moment we have a good squad playing for eachother and I can't see no reason why with a few additions we hold our own in league one.  Playing as a team has got good results for a few teams this season in various leagues , so let's wait n see what happens 

Edited by Philgas

16 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

OMG the blue few / 15'ers are so deeeelooooded!! They really are the gift that keeps on giving! We don't even care about them anymore because we are an established championship club with loads more fans than they will ever have. Everyone likes us more than them and our manager is not only a tactical genius, he's much better at giving interviews. Our ground is going to hold 27,000 rugby fans next year and we didn't even have to steal it because our owner is bloody loaded. Why don't those sags follow his example and be turncoats, they know they want to because they're just bitter that their rivals are sooo much bigger and better. And the best bit is we don't even see THEM as our rivals!!  Ha, the gift!

I was bantering with a gas head at school the other day and guess what!! He said that we might be playing derbies again in 2 years and that they could have a big ground too!! Totally deeeeloooded, what a gift! This proves that their entire fan base (which isn't even as big as ours) is totally obsessed with us. I told him we don't care about you one tiny bit, we never sing about you at the Gate and nobody even speaks of Bristol Rovers anymore! Ha! 

Their shirt is shit and Irene is a slag. But I wouldn't even know what their shirt looks like of how Irene goes because they aren't even rivals! I was chatting to a Real Madrid fan the other day and he had heard of us but not them!  When I told him they got relegated to the conference and that we never talk about them anymore he couldn't believe it. Have that you blue bastards!

Our song is much better than theirs and when the whole ground sings it, they can hear us up at Bemmee Down library. Oh when the red red Robbin shoots his Bob, Bob Bobbin it's time to move along. Shhh. Tick, tock, tick, tock, mind the gap gassers! 

Not a direct quote admittedly but IMO a reasonable summary of the first 211 pages on this thread.

Why is it all I thought about was this whilst reading your post...

28 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

You missed the bit about your ridiculous nickname.  "Pirates" I ask you.  Where did that nonsense come from.  You were formed in Purdown for goodness sake.  I suppose you could now claim that a large Somali community now leaves close to where you used to play, but apart from that I can't see any connection with Bluebeard, Captain Morgan and Jolly Jack Tar, other than some immature adolescent fantasy.

43 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

Deep breaths.. Please stay clear of any sharp objects.. and horses for that matter.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebeard said:

Oh dear.....someone's rattled. 

3 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

Wrap it up and stick a bow on it..

5 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

I think u missed a few points . To any sag reading this . Most of the pages on here is us LAUGHING at u . Those points NON LEAGUE very funny. SAINSBURYS very funny . PUNCHING HORSES very funny ( not for the poor horse ) the list is endless. U lot here a shithead say rovers and u all think " there obsessed with us " . It's like u stick your fingers in your ears like a five year old and stamp your feet . You should listen or read it more carefully. And for you lot calling us shitheads WTF is that all about maybe u are 5 years old . I hope dopey leaves u I bet your bottom lip will be quivering then . OTIB MTG

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think u missed a few points . To any sag reading this . Most of the pages on here is us LAUGHING at u . Those points NON LEAGUE very funny. SAINSBURYS very funny . PUNCHING HORSES very funny ( not for the poor horse ) the list is endless. U lot here a shithead say rovers and u all think " there obsessed with us " . It's like u stick your fingers in your ears like a five year old and stamp your feet . You should listen or read it more carefully. And for you lot calling us shitheads WTF is that all about maybe u are 5 years old . I hope dopey leaves u I bet your bottom lip will be quivering then . OTIB MTG

I've read this several times and I'm still not sure I follow.

Although in my head, I found myself reading it in a faux Chinese accent.

That's never happened before. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

Another gift,and it's not even my birthday,aw thanks.

Whilst dopey's stock may be relatively high, it goes to show how much Leeds' has fallen. 

The owner is looking to sell the club, there is almighty tension between the club and supporters. While the Leeds job may look good on a CV, right now it's a ticking time bomb. Surely Dopey would be better staying at the Gash, and waiting for a more settled club to come in for him. Although no doubt the numpties down the road will see it as them being a bigger club than Leeds!

8 hours ago, Malago said:

You missed the bit about your ridiculous nickname.  "Pirates" I ask you.  Where did that nonsense come from.  You were formed in Purdown for goodness sake.  I suppose you could now claim that a large Somali community now leaves close to where you used to play, but apart from that I can't see any connection with Bluebeard, Captain Morgan and Jolly Jack Tar, other than some immature adolescent fantasy.

Fishponds actually.

Pedantic Gas

• Like 2

So on the one hand Rovers have a cash or liquid rich owner now who will deliver a new stadium in short fashion and give DC a decent League 1 transfer budget; on the other hand the new Wael dynasty is a Wadi Rum mirage. 

Does anyone have any concrete info at this stage of the proceedings? I would hate to see a Bristol sporting institution lose its gaffer and then fail to see the Jordanian cash that promises so much for the new glamour club. If news articles and bookies are to believed then this is truly a pivotal moment in the history of the Pirates. ...

.... Again.

Edited by havanatopia

9 hours ago, Malago said:

Probably invented by City fans as a slur. Taken on by blue few as a nick-name......ring any bells ?