IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ah, so proper Pirates of the past had great Oceans and Seas...and your lot had a pond!

Blackbeard was from Fishponds.

We may have been non league, have smaller crowds, be in a lower division and never won the JPT, but when it comes to genuine pirate credentials we are the kiddies :)

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

That post confirms all your long held suspicions about the mor

12 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

That post confirms all your long held suspicions about the more rabid element of the sags.

This is what I foresee,  if dopey is offered the weeds job: he'll turn it down and come out with something very similar to the above,  thus increasing sags delusion further. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Dopey is now 1/3 for the job so it looks like it might happen.

Anyone know of any shitty pubs near Elland Road (I'm guessing, all of them) in which he can ingratiate himself with Leeds fans by getting pissed with them and singing a few songs? Marching all together ...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

In the interests of balance, can someone do an A4 laminate of this please? 

OMG the blue few / 15'ers are so deeeelooooded!! They really are the gift that keeps on giving! We don't even care about them anymore because we are an established championship club with loads more fans than they will ever have. Everyone likes us more than them and our manager is not only a tactical genius, he's much better at giving interviews. Our ground is going to hold 27,000 rugby fans next year and we didn't even have to steal it because our owner is bloody loaded. Why don't those sags follow his example and be turncoats, they know they want to because they're just bitter that their rivals are sooo much bigger and better. And the best bit is we don't even see THEM as our rivals!!  Ha, the gift!

I was bantering with a gas head at school the other day and guess what!! He said that we might be playing derbies again in 2 years and that they could have a big ground too!! Totally deeeeloooded, what a gift! This proves that their entire fan base (which isn't even as big as ours) is totally obsessed with us. I told him we don't care about you one tiny bit, we never sing about you at the Gate and nobody even speaks of Bristol Rovers anymore! Ha! 

Their shirt is shit and Irene is a slag. But I wouldn't even know what their shirt looks like of how Irene goes because they aren't even rivals! I was chatting to a Real Madrid fan the other day and he had heard of us but not them!  When I told him they got relegated to the conference and that we never talk about them anymore he couldn't believe it. Have that you blue bastards!

Our song is much better than theirs and when the whole ground sings it, they can hear us up at Bemmee Down library. Oh when the red red Robbin shoots his Bob, Bob Bobbin it's time to move along. Shhh. Tick, tock, tick, tock, mind the gap gassers! 

Not a direct quote admittedly but IMO a reasonable summary of the first 211 pages on this thread.

Sooooooo many beauties missing from the last couple of years that should have been included in this post.

Here are but a few :

Colin Daniel, relegated in their own kit, "we were only in the bottom two for 20 minutes", "I have lived through the Thatcher years etc.." watertight contract, plastic white chairs, santa's grotto, horse punching, Braintree, Bath City, Chesham, Sainsburys, racism, trying to hit opposition players, "oh my God, that didn't just 'aaaaaaappen", thousands locked out, prowed, game called off by H&S officer...........and many, many more ! 

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Best hope we get Leeds early then!

Leeds don't take part in the manager of the month awards, they have Manager For The Month.

First game at home would be ideal then.

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

If he gets it, all we will hear from the blue few is how they are "prowed" of him and not in any way gutted that he bailed at the first opportunity.

Not too may viable replacements around right now.

viable replacements for who? Clarke at Rovers?

if Clarke got the Leeds job (I think he would be mad to take it, as I think a better opportunity will come his way) I reckon he would recommend Mikey Harris.

Or maybe Marcus Stewart will take over

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

viable replacements for who? Clarke at Rovers?

if Clarke got the Leeds job (I think he would be mad to take it, as I think a better opportunity will come his way) I reckon he would recommend Mikey Harris.

Or maybe Marcus Stewart will take over

Aye, a replacement for Clarke.

So you reckon the cheap internal appointment option? Agree he would be mad to take it, but also mad not to, bar an idiot of an owner they are a huge club and someone will turn them around at some point - if they can stay in the job more than a few months! 

12 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

In the interests of balance, can someone do an A4 laminate of this please? 

OMG the blue few / 15'ers are so deeeelooooded!! They really are the gift that keeps on giving! We don't even care about them anymore because we are an established championship club with loads more fans than they will ever have. Everyone likes us more than them and our manager is not only a tactical genius, he's much better at giving interviews. Our ground is going to hold 27,000 rugby fans next year and we didn't even have to steal it because our owner is bloody loaded. Why don't those sags follow his example and be turncoats, they know they want to because they're just bitter that their rivals are sooo much bigger and better. And the best bit is we don't even see THEM as our rivals!!  Ha, the gift!

I was bantering with a gas head at school the other day and guess what!! He said that we might be playing derbies again in 2 years and that they could have a big ground too!! Totally deeeeloooded, what a gift! This proves that their entire fan base (which isn't even as big as ours) is totally obsessed with us. I told him we don't care about you one tiny bit, we never sing about you at the Gate and nobody even speaks of Bristol Rovers anymore! Ha! 

Their shirt is shit and Irene is a slag. But I wouldn't even know what their shirt looks like of how Irene goes because they aren't even rivals! I was chatting to a Real Madrid fan the other day and he had heard of us but not them!  When I told him they got relegated to the conference and that we never talk about them anymore he couldn't believe it. Have that you blue bastards!

Our song is much better than theirs and when the whole ground sings it, they can hear us up at Bemmee Down library. Oh when the red red Robbin shoots his Bob, Bob Bobbin it's time to move along. Shhh. Tick, tock, tick, tock, mind the gap gassers! 

Not a direct quote admittedly but IMO a reasonable summary of the first 211 pages on this thread.

If you want a genuine summary of the first 211 pages just imagine someone laughing in your face for an hour or two.

It's called mockery, mate. You lot have given us so much joy in recent years, so many comedy moments. The unrealistic expectations of much of your fanbase for your return to the Third Division is sure to lead to many more chuckles in the months ahead.

What you don't get however is that the mockery doesn't come from a sense that "we're so great" rather it is an answer to your mob's feeling that you are a cut above.

Mind the gap on your way out. :whistle:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Aye, a replacement for Clarke.

So you reckon the cheap internal appointment option? Agree he would be mad to take it, but also mad not to, bar an idiot of an owner they are a huge club and someone will turn them around at some point - if they can stay in the job more than a few months! 

Stewy would be a 'cheap' internal move but in this case a might be about continuity and keeping the squad together. An outsider coming in might upset things

also why I say Clarke might recommend Mikey Harris who followed Clarke at Sailsbury. He is at Pompey as U18 coach at the moment, but perhaps would want the move and again maybe more a continuity appointment