IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Surely they'll make a last ditch bid to land Mourinho as they are one the biggest clubs on the planet.

It all makes sense now. Mourinho only in talks with Man Utd when we all thought he`d have been announced by now. He obviously got wind of potential developments in North Bristol and has decided to keep his options open for a while to see if that job at the pinnacle of the footballing world does in fact become available. I feel sorry for Man Utd, obviously they`ll be gutted when he turns them down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miahdennehy said:

I haven't heard that before, but I certainly remember some of our fans not being keen, much in the same way Cotterill (and Lee Johnson) were slated by some City fans in the early days.

they have give him a lot of grief over the last 2 seasons (convientely written out of their history now though), those oh so "loyal" even boarded the team bus to have a go

" Just goes to show how worried those Tnucs are about us "
" Worried is an under statement! Those ******* are ****in' bricking it !!"

We are in the Championship, they're in League One.
We've sold 13,000 season tickets, more than the capacity of their entire ground, they've sold 4,000.
Our stadium is practically finished, theirs.... well **** knows.
Our owner is a billionaire, theirs... again, **** knows.

Yes Sags, we're ****ing TERRIFIED. :facepalm:

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

" Just goes to show how worried those Tnucs are about us "

We are in the Championship, they're in League One.
We've sold 10,000 season tickets, almost the capacity of their entire ground, they've sold 4,000.
Our stadium is practically finished, theirs.... well **** knows.
Our owner is a billionaire, theirs... again, **** knows.

Yes Sags, we're ****ing TERRIFIED. :facepalm:

Make that 13K, more than the capacity at the swamp.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was it the season  before last DC started pre season by taking down the 'DC OUT' posters that had been put up around your training field?

CjNjvjbWUAAw2cG.jpg:thumb

Probably can't read it but this is the article saying exactly what you said.

Edited by Iron Man

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

The DC Leeds story, the Leeds fans state of incredulity about DC, the gash fans fawning over DC (you'd think that DC walks on water, then turns the water into wine and was going to lead the gash to the promised land on a camel).

I'm pissing myself with laughter.

Yeh and he's a classy guy who wins with dignity and never loses his professionalism in public whilst representing his club...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh and he's a classy guy who wins with dignity and never loses his professionalism in public whilst representing his club...

Complete helmet. I hope he goes just so the noisy neighbours button it for a couple of days. The tripe I've heard from the ones I've bumped into today is unbelievable. No different to what's been mentioned before other than one said he will stay because he's been promised 5 million to spend. I pointed out that figure is probably the entire seasons budget and not just to blitz on transfer fees. 

• Like 1

Sure most of us have experienced it at some point, you tell work you're leaving, and they find you a new opportunity that wasn't available before you set your stall out.

And you are left wondering if it wasn't for you raising the subject, would it have ever happened?

DC - 3 year deal....

The board don't rate him that much, clearly.

• Like 1

Reading what some of the Leeds fans are saying about DC makes me think that Warnock is more what they deserve- a better fit or the right "DNA". 

I wish DC hadn't had his success with the gas but he has and however distasteful it may be- credit where credit is due. 

Typical Leeds that they are so much more superior that many of their fans have dismissed a manager who's done a lot more than all of theirs in recent years. If he'd done the same with any other club ( and I mean ANY OTHER) and we were looking for a new manager- I'd be quite excited.

I guess the only consolation is that the gas will most likely be looking for a new man anytime soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Reading what some of the Leeds fans are saying about DC makes me think that Warnock is more what they deserve- a better fit or the right "DNA". 

I wish DC hadn't had his success with the gas but he has and however distasteful it may be- credit where credit is due. 

Typical Leeds that they are so much more superior that many of their fans have dismissed a manager who's done a lot more than all of theirs in recent years. If he'd done the same with any other club ( and I mean ANY OTHER) and we were looking for a new manager- I'd be quite excited.

I guess the only consolation is that the gas will most likely be looking for a new man anytime soon.

From what i was reading on a couple of their forums is that they think it might be a good move. They just cant wait to ship evans out! Poor bloke wouldnt be suprised if he goes back to rotherham.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The man is to us a Rovers Legend. . He's definitely done us prowed . Roll On next season 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

singing "we're are going up" BEFORE they'd even kicked a ball against Grimsby shown how mega-arrogant the guy is but the Gash luv that sort of big-headedness.

He's a legend "now" but you don't have to go back far thru their posts to see the unbelievable, vicious attacks on him - all written out of their history not though not surprisingly 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

The sad reality of football today is that if we do begin to struggle in League One, fans can turn very quickly (and that applies to fans of ALL clubs), and I'm sure DC is aware of that. Unless he performs absolute miracles next season, It's hard to see his stock going anywhere but downwards from it's present high point.

That would depend on your fans expectations.

1 hour ago, Nube Rojo said:

singing "we're are going up" BEFORE they'd even kicked a ball against Grimsby shown how mega-arrogant the guy is but the Gash luv that sort of big-headedness.

He's a legend "now" but you don't have to go back far thru their posts to see the unbelievable, vicious attacks on him - all written out of their history not though not surprisingly 

He's an embarrassment. Just someone who wants to be popular. You never see the top managers do this.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Super said:

He's an embarrassment. Just someone who wants to be popular. You never see the top managers do this.

The fans were understandably angry and frustrated , he reacted with passion and won total respect from us all in the face of overwhelming odds , nothing wrong with that in my eyes 

10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

The fans were understandably angry and frustrated , he reacted with passion and won total respect from us all in the face of overwhelming odds , nothing wrong with that in my eyes 

I prefer a manager that doesn't feel the need to try and be popular. He lacks class always has.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Nope. Super is correct, no class at all. All he is doing is pandering to your fan base - he'll do exactly the same wherever he ends up.

• Like 1