IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Philgas said:

I work in a secure unit plus I'm a Martial Arts Instructor and PT. . Train a few reds who I enjoy plenty of banter with .. 

but you cant handle any on here because its just "bitterness"?

well done to rovers on 2 promotions, though you're just 1 league up from when he got the job as he took you into non-league, further increasing Bristols reputation as a footballing backwater.

secondly, why on earth would we be jealous of a promotion to a league that we won at a canter? must be that infamous "gas lojik"

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but not clear how winning a penalty shootout, and then a rival losing a key match, amounts to 'luck'.  Rovers got promotion last year by coming second in a season of 46 games; getting through to the playoff final; then winning the final on penalties.  Can't see that as being luck-related.  This year they have gone one better by getting automatic promotion after 46 games.  The fact that Accrington lost their final game is neither here not there.  Rovers ended up in a higher position after 46 games and any luck will probably have been two-way across the season.

I think they have done fantastically well in the last two seasons and if I were a Rovers fan I'd be chuffed to bits.  As to where is their 'natural position' - no such thing!  I grew up with the likes of Watford and Swansea as lower division clubs, and look at them now.  If I were a Rovers fan I'd be optimistic about next season.  I'd certainly expect a top-half finish from them.

they had a huge amount of luck with an appalling refereeing decision in the playoff final to be fair, deliberate handball by their goalkeeper outside the area, with the shot heading on target?

and a shocking, though technically valid decision of a referee to blow for halftime with the ball heading in and about a yard off the line when Accrington scored a goal, ruled out by the bizarre decision to blow for HT while the shot was on its way in. had that goal counted Accrington would have been third, not rovers 

the first may have not made a difference, but playing over half of a final with 10 men and their first choice goalkeeper sent off would quite likely have yielded a different result

Edited by City169
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but not clear how winning a penalty shootout, and then a rival losing a key match, amounts to 'luck'.  Rovers got promotion last year by coming second in a season of 46 games; getting through to the playoff final; then winning the final on penalties.  Can't see that as being luck-related.  This year they have gone one better by getting automatic promotion after 46 games.  The fact that Accrington lost their final game is neither here not there.  Rovers ended up in a higher position after 46 games and any luck will probably have been two-way across the season.

I think they have done fantastically well in the last two seasons and if I were a Rovers fan I'd be chuffed to bits.  As to where is their 'natural position' - no such thing!  I grew up with the likes of Watford and Swansea as lower division clubs, and look at them now.  If I were a Rovers fan I'd be optimistic about next season.  I'd certainly expect a top-half finish from them.

I doubt it. You only have to look how tough that league is, even the less fashionable clubs like Scunny, Port Vale and Southend (all did pretty well) will also be looking for a top half finish. Gas should be looking at consolidation especially if Dopey goes to Leeds (He should IMO)

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

2 hours ago youmadethatup said:

I thought rovers sold about 27,000 tickets last time out (?) 

I think the ticket price plus the travel costs put people off...especially if you can pay a tenner and watch it live on sky.
The distance will also put some off ,Bristol is a reasonable hop to London . Plymouth and hull are a long way from Wembley.

That's what the sh8theads want you to believe.

I read that the offical number was anywhere between 30k to 34,000 which makes sense.From the 40k we took in 2007 where we had only the top and bottom tiers we filled half of one side of the stadium.

Last year we had the bottom section,the whole of the middle tier- which spread from one side at the halfway line mark, right around to well over the halfway line on the other side.It was only half the top tier that we never sold out last May.So if you moved the middle section to that the top tier like in 2007 I think we would only have been 4-6,000 down on 2007.

This is just another beautiful example of Gas Logic.  Surely the 'offical' number would be a bang-on figure, ie no dispute, no this or maybe that.....just bang-on.  But Oh NO, Gas Logic dictates that the 'offical' figure has a bloody 4k range on it.  Priceless

Please, can somebody make them stop this..........I struggle for breath sometimes   :rofl2br: 

Edited by jackofromrugby
addition
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

I think the ticket price plus the travel costs put people off...especially if you can pay a tenner and watch it live on sky.
The distance will also put some off ,Bristol is a reasonable hop to London . Plymouth and hull are a long way from Wembley.

I read that the offical number was anywhere between 30k to 34,000 which makes sense.From the 40k we took in 2007 where we had only the top and bottom tiers we filled half of one side of the stadium.

Last year we had the bottom section,the whole of the middle tier- which spread from one side at the halfway line mark, right around to well over the halfway line on the other side.It was only half the top tier that we never sold out last May.So if you moved the middle section to that the top tier like in 2007 I think we would only have been 4-6,000 down on 2007.

This is just another beautiful example of Gas Logic.  Surely the 'offical' number would be a bang-on figure, ie no dispute, no this or maybe that.....just bang-on.  But Oh NO, Gas Logic dictates that the 'offical' figure has a bloody 4k range on it.  Priceless

30,000, - 34,000? really? Didn't Grimsby sell 18,000 for that final and as the attendance was 47,000 that would make zero sense when I guess you throw in all the corporate etc.

26,000 sounds about accurate to me

10 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

Please, can somebody make them stop this..........I struggle for breath sometimes   :rofl2br: 

2 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

30,000, - 34,000? really? Didn't Grimsby sell 18,000 for that final and as the attendance was 47,000 that would make zero sense when I guess you throw in all the corporate etc.

26,000 sounds about accurate to me

I thought their official number was in the 20,000s. 28k rings a bell

10 hours ago, Philgas said:

Again I don't care about that we've gone up 2 leagues that's good in most peoples eyes except for a lot of city fans on here ..fairplay to those that congratulated us , the rest have been nothing other than bitter . DC is our hero .. Now awaiting a torrent of abuse ... tick-tock ..

I don't think you understand what the word "bitter" means. You're like the guy in Princess Bride, inconceivable!

It is somewhat hard to be bitter about the "success" of a manager that took a League Two team out of the Football League, before two seasons of scraping promotion to get into the division below us.

I find it all rather hilarious to be honest.

5 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I don't think you understand what the word "bitter" means. You're like the guy in Princess Bride, inconceivable!

It is somewhat hard to be bitter about the "success" of a manager that took a League Two team out of the Football League, before two seasons of scraping promotion to get into the division below us.

Whats even more hilarious was the 'Ashton Gate, we're coming for you' chant... 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Were they looking to squat?

Why do you think Wally`s paying for a car park? They can lay the tarmac themselves and then park their caravans on it so they won`t need to squat anymore. it`s like when pikeys move into a field they`ve bought over a bank holiday weekend and stay there for years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Whats even more hilarious was the 'Ashton Gate, we're coming for you' chant... 

That's the extent of their ambition, as long as they are above those "gurt teds". 

I can see why though. If I had to suffer the embarrassment of my team dropping out of the entire league along with the pisstaking from the neighbours, I would want to get above them ASAP!

Luckily I don't think I'll ever be in that position.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

They must have a bigger fanbase than Man U, Man city,Arsenal and Liverpool!Gawd we are jealous of the blue few laugh.Can remember a derby at Crapville in 86 lucky to muster  6 to 7000.Where were the millions of gas then.

Just look up the last ever attendance at east vile 

that tells you all you need to know about "loyal" gasheads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackofromrugby said:

Aaah our delusional friend icegas.. bless him. I'm sure he'll have you believe they sold out their last match at Eastville and didn't get a meagre 3,000 fans bother to show up

5 hours ago, Just Red said:

Phil, you spend so much Time on here, even when your supposed to be working. It feels like to me that you secretly wish to be one of us. You no longer have to feel ashamed by this dirty little secret. We understand and forgive you for your mistaken past loyalties. You can be with of us and we will welcome you with open arms. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange a display name change.

Welcome to the BCFC family

*the multiple award winning 

19 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Aaah our delusional friend icegas.. bless him. I'm sure he'll have you believe they sold out their last match at Eastville and didn't get a meagre 3,000 fans bother to show up

Unbelievable. . Don't worry about it .. I dont 

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Ok so we went down .. regrouped and got promoted twice that's cool in my opinion 

11 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Anybody would think its rocket science.  There must be an official club page (or similar) which will show how many they sold.  Hint: its just over 27,000.  not the 32/33,000 they'd have you believe.  

But Wally said they took 40K plus? He's a billionaire don't you know?