IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Leeds United are continuing to push for talks with Darrell Clarke after lining up the Bristol Rovers manager as Steve Evans’ successor.

United have been in negotiations with Bristol Rovers over compensation details and the Elland Road club are expected to bring Clarke to the table by meeting the demands of the newly-promoted League One side. Leeds and Rovers have been haggling over the structure of staggered payments which United will commit to if Clarke agrees to replace Evans as head coach.

Compensation for Clarke is expected to be in the region of £250,000 and United’s sustained approach for the 38-year-old has marked him out as owner Massimo Cellino’s preferred option for the job.

Rovers have attempted to fend Leeds off by offering Clarke, the boss who has led them to promotion from the National League and League Two in the past two seasons, an improved three-year deal at the Memorial Stadium.

But Clarke is taking time to consider that extension having been informed of United’s bid for him. Cellino is abroad in Italy and said on Tuesday that he had been in touch with at least one alternative candidate.

But staff at Elland Road believe Clarke is firmly at the front of the queue for a job which is still officially held by Evans.

Evans turned up for work as planned yesterday after completing a short holiday, despite some around him advising him to quit his post in the wake of United’s approaches to Clarke and MK Dons boss Karl Robinson.

Robinson and Cellino met for talks in London last week but Robinson had doubts about working for the Italian and Leeds reacted to that meeting by rapidly turning their attention to Clarke.

Cellino’s contact with rival coaches has left little doubt about the Italian’s plan to remove Evans before United’s squad begin pre-season training around the start of July.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Leeds United are continuing to push for talks with Darrell Clarke after lining up the Bristol Rovers manager as Steve Evans’ successor.

United have been in negotiations with Bristol Rovers over compensation details and the Elland Road club are expected to bring Clarke to the table by meeting the demands of the newly-promoted League One side. Leeds and Rovers have been haggling over the structure of staggered payments which United will commit to if Clarke agrees to replace Evans as head coach.

Compensation for Clarke is expected to be in the region of £250,000 and United’s sustained approach for the 38-year-old has marked him out as owner Massimo Cellino’s preferred option for the job.

Rovers have attempted to fend Leeds off by offering Clarke, the boss who has led them to promotion from the National League and League Two in the past two seasons, an improved three-year deal at the Memorial Stadium.

But Clarke is taking time to consider that extension having been informed of United’s bid for him. Cellino is abroad in Italy and said on Tuesday that he had been in touch with at least one alternative candidate.

But staff at Elland Road believe Clarke is firmly at the front of the queue for a job which is still officially held by Evans.

Evans turned up for work as planned yesterday after completing a short holiday, despite some around him advising him to quit his post in the wake of United’s approaches to Clarke and MK Dons boss Karl Robinson.

Robinson and Cellino met for talks in London last week but Robinson had doubts about working for the Italian and Leeds reacted to that meeting by rapidly turning their attention to Clarke.

Cellino’s contact with rival coaches has left little doubt about the Italian’s plan to remove Evans before United’s squad begin pre-season training around the start of July.

My opinion for what its worth, Clarke will go for talks and decide not to leave.  Then come back with guff about how Rovers are a bigger club, more ambitious, bigger potential, premiership bound etc.. etc. 

• Like 3

... and in other news, looks like the fans and management are falling out ... that is unusual for that lot! They will be closing their forum down next .... oops ... too late, Higgs already did that.

Bristol Rovers chairman 'disappointed' by long-serving supporter's recent 'outburst'

Bristol Rovers chairman Steve Hamer is 'disappointed' by long-serving supporter Jim Chappell's recent 'outburst'.

The Supporters Club chairman was critical of the club and their decision not to celebrate promotion with an open-top bus parade.

Open-top bus tour? What does one of those look like?

fans1.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

My opinion for what its worth, Clarke will go for talks and decide not to leave.  Then come back with guff about how Rovers are a bigger club, more ambitious, bigger potential, premiership bound etc.. etc. 

Nah, only a bloke with a massive ego and over inflated opinion of himself would do that. 

28 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

... and in other news, looks like the fans and management are falling out ... that is unusual for that lot! They will be closing their forum down next .... oops ... too late, Higgs already did that.

Bristol Rovers chairman 'disappointed' by long-serving supporter's recent 'outburst'

Bristol Rovers chairman Steve Hamer is 'disappointed' by long-serving supporter Jim Chappell's recent 'outburst'.

The Supporters Club chairman was critical of the club and their decision not to celebrate promotion with an open-top bus parade.

fans1.jpg

This does NOT represent the view of the majority of Rovers Fans .. You love to change things around to make it look like something else just like the media 

10 hours ago, Philgas said:

Ok so we went down .. regrouped and got promoted twice that's cool in my opinion 

It's cool that you think that is cool but really it isn't very cool is it?

To get the two promotions, you had to get relegated twice from where Trollope got you before you sacked him.  As a club you have not progressed at all from where you were in 2007.

City are the same, Johnson took us to the Championship and we are now just back where we were.  While I am happy to be in the Championship, I wouldn't describe it as "cool" that we had to go down in order to end up back where we were. 

10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

This does NOT represent the view of the majority of Rovers Fans .. You love to change things around to make it look like something else just like the media 

How does it feel to wake up this morning and be the THIRD biggest sporting club in Bristol BY A MILE?

40,000 supporters will be heading through the AG turnstiles on some weekends next season - just think they all coulda been yours  :laughcont:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Also not forgetting it probably wasnt actually Jim Chapple who wrote said piece but some filthy shed pretending to be your supporters club chairman, after all every time something that puts the blue few in bad light it's those sheds at it again...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

It's cool that you think that is cool but really it isn't very cool is it?

To get the two promotions, you had to get relegated twice from where Trollope got you before you sacked him.  As a club you have not progressed at all from where you were in 2007.

City are the same, Johnson took us to the Championship and we are now just back where we were.  While I am happy to be in the Championship, I wouldn't describe it as "cool" that we had to go down in order to end up back where we were. 

I would because at that time we had no fire in the club DC instilled confidence in his players .. even though we went down it really needed to be done in order to clean from top to bottom. . I am a very positive person , there are so many people out there just waiting to slag any success without looking at any good in it .. I thought fair play to you lot when you've achieved your stuff over the years , a lot of you are so negative about everything. . And there's a fair few of you that would agree with me .. your lads who organised the Bristol Fans Derby they tried their best and there were so many people being picky etc .. we've got them as well at ours but please don't class me or the majority of gas and reds that are negative about everything 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

One penalty lottery and you had a better goal difference than the mighty Accrington Stanley.

It is what it is and it was what it was .. We won on penalties. . Grimsby are now where they should be .. very unlucky on the day but that's football .. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How does it feel to wake up this morning and be the THIRD biggest sporting club in Bristol BY A MILE?

40,000 supporters will be heading through the AG turnstiles on some weekends next season - just think they all coulda been yours  :laughcont:

Feels Great 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!  You sure? You really do bite don't you! 

I'm starting to wonder whether you're actually one of us in disguise, coming on here to give us something to laugh at during the dull period before the Euros.  Keep up the good work. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I'm starting to wonder whether you're actually one of us in disguise, coming on here to give us something to laugh at during the dull period before the Euros.  Keep up the good work. 

got to be a gert sheeeed no gashead would ever post on otib.........

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

fans1.jpg

Does the woman at the front on the right think "Is this the Tesco bus" So who is She?

What ever Darrell decides, I think he is losing a bit of affection from real gas fans. He has led us to believe he is 100% gas then the first time a club came asking he at this moment anyway is thinking about it even though the club as offered him a new well improved 3 year deal. Remember the club stuck with him when we were relegated otherwise he would be back with Salisbury. 
He has done a fantastic job since then and I hope he stays but every day that passes without comment I feel he is losing a bit of love with the fans. 
If he is not 100% with us then maybe it's best he moves on and get someone in who is. He has got by so far with his affinity with the club and supporters and has expected the players to be the same as him which has been great, if he has lost some of this I think it will reflect on his ability to manage . 
He has also not helped the club by offering contracts to all players, who if we were honest wouldn't get contracts with othe league one clubs, if he decides to jump ship.
In my opinion to go to Leeds would be crazy even Neil war nock is warning not too. 
On a bright note if he moves on Iam sure there will be a lot of good applicants, maybe an older, wiser clone like Ian Holloway would be a good move

Maybe it is best for all concerned now that he moves on. We are three days into this saga now and still no comment from dc, his stag doesn't start till monday and unless he is in a cave somewhere he knows exactly what the situation is, more so than even the media reports. Just a pity he offered contracts to many players who clearly aren't good enough for league one thus using up a big chunk of what will now almost certainly be someone else's wage budget. Cheers darrell.

7 hours ago, lenred said:

I'm glad you find me funny at least I keep you happy 

Well, nothing changes. Pre season optimism has already been quashed by more unrest at the club. Evans hanging around like a poor mans van gaal waiting for the axe to fall, Karl Robinson giving us a wide berth....yes, Karl Robinson!!! WTF? Now we are looking around the upper echelons of Europe for the next coach, oh wait, it's Bristol Rovers, FFS did MC learn nothing from the Hockaday experiment? To top it all we are sponsored by 32red....does the Italian prat not understand our hatred of anything red? It makes his views on purple seem pre school. Then there's the so called buy out from the far east, if rumours are to believed it fell through over MC wanting £50m. Serious issues with our once great club in a downward spiral.