IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I look forward to DC getting the boot in 6 months when they are bottom at Xmas, thinking about what could have been at Leeds Utd

Yeah - he could have gone to work for a crazy Italian, who would have sacked him if they weren't top by the end of September.

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yeah - he could have gone to work for a crazy Italian, who would have sacked him if they weren't top by the end of September.

I asked this before why did they only offer him a contract when Leeds showed some interest in him?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Weezord said:

oh, didn't need to surprisingly.

What you going to post on your landmark 40th post on a rivals football forum? How abut you say how you were too embarrassed to admit you were a fewer so you had to say you were a Portsmouth fan?

Edited by Iron Man

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

What you going to post on your landmark 40th post on a rivals football forum? How abut you say how you were too embarrassed to admit you were a fewer so you had to say you were a Portsmouth fan?

What's that? Weeeeeeezord was too embarrassed to admit he was a Gashead when he first started posting on OTIB so he pretended to be a Portsmouth fan?

What a silly pr1ck :rofl2br:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe1992 said:

Dopey's now going to appear even more god-like to the g*s after turning down Leeds and signing a new deal at Rovers. Don't think I can take any more of it :sad26:

Can't wait until it goes tits up for him. They all seem to forget that he was also the manager that took an established football league side into the conference. They need serious additions to even contend in L1

We were heading to the conference anyway. DC was thrown in at the deep end and he's brought us back much stronger. I don't think many Rovers fans blame him for us falling out of the league, we had it coming.

Whatever way you look at things, It's a good time to be a Rovers fan right now. You have to enjoy the good times because they don't happen often!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

We were heading to the conference anyway. DC was thrown in at the deep end and he's brought us back much stronger. I don't think many Rovers fans blame him for us falling out of the league, we had it coming.

Whatever way you look at things, It's a good time to be a Rovers fan right now. You have to enjoy the good times because they don't happen often!

Agree 100%

22 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

Let's be honest,Leeds are an absolute basket case,not supposed he and Robinson have turned them down.But to call them tinpot,wow.

I suppose any owner of a Championship side would point at Watford and say, "how many managers did they sack and still get promoted, 5,6?". Crazy.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The horrific thought, however unlikely, of Cotts. or GJ replacing him means I welcome Dopey's decision. Even a return of the despicable Hollowhead was not out of the question and we'd have had to suffer him dominating the adoring local media again with his maddening gibberish.

Rovers have had unbelievable good fortune to scrape over the line these last 2 seasons.

Hopefully things will start to even out on that score, and if so it's downhill all the way and the gas fans will be hounding Dopey out by Christmas.

No not really. If a team gets promoted, it's because over the course of a season, they have done what is required  to get promotion!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super said:

I asked this before why did they only offer him a contract when Leeds showed some interest in him?

I suspect they were going to offer him a contract anyway, but obviously once Leeds were involved it needed to be more attractive. Not many employers chuck around big pay rises just because they think it's a nice thing to do, they do it because they need to keep someone happy.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good question. Could be that the Leeds interest just hurried things along, and increased the £££'s on offer - I don't think anybody saw that one coming?  Clarke had stated that he needed a total break from football, so maybe the Board had agreed with him that contract negotiations would start when he was back from his honeymoon.

Edited by In the Net

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

That first para is a lot of rubbish mate. You were on the pitch at Wycombe singing we are staying up on the penultimate weekend and you went down because you lost to a team who didn't bring their own kit; and at the same time had to rely on two other results going against you to conspire in your relegation. Finally, you were only in the bottom two once during that season, being when it finished; only what, eight weeks after talk of sneaking in the playoffs?

Sorry, but that's very, very clearly not heading to the conference anyway nor can it really be being dropped in to the deep end.

The rest I agree with.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That first para is a lot of rubbish mate. You were on the pitch at Wycombe singing we are staying up on the penultimate weekend and you went down because you lost to a team who didn't bring their own kit; and at the same time had to rely on two other results going against you to conspire in your relegation. Finally, you were only in the bottom two once during that season, being when it finished; only what, eight weeks after talk of sneaking in the playoffs?

Sorry, but that's very, very clearly not heading to the conference anyway nor can it really be being dropped in to the deep end.

The rest I agree with.

:chant6ez::clap: Took the words out of my mouth! Thrown into the deep end... psshhhh

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The rest I agree with.

Ha, Gasheads at work were still assuring me that Rovers were DEFINITELY going up and City were DEFINITELY going down that season right up until we drew with Swindon at home and they got dicked 4 or 5 nil somewhere on the same day....so basically the end of March 2014.

'Tick tock' and all that shit... :rofl2br: