IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, pommers1965 said:

This beauty was posted on gaschat earlier....

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Remember,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

However Bristol Rovers FC is now a very different beast to the one that failed for so many years...We have the best set of players I can remember,our best ever manager in charge and a very rich... however very humble,very ambitious new set of owners that want to take us to the stars.

I will be AMAZED if in 5 years time we are not playing in a new stadium in front of our largest consistent crowds ever being at least top half championship club.If City can be at that level in 5 years time,or even above that then fair play to them,but for the first time ever we as a football club can aim as high as we desire and need to focus purely on ourselfs.

Don't go on their forums as not something that really interests me but the above did, so went and had a look.

That thread is funny, although I notice the same poster earlier in the thread referred to 'Trumpton' ... reckon before long he will be accused of being a 'Gert Ted' in disguise up to mischief. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Anyone else think ****heads is quite possibly the worst, least insulting nickname possible? It's completely devoid of any creativity whatsoever. It's like us just referring to them as the c***s. It has no relevance apart from just being a standard insult.

They could say the same about us calling them gas back in the day. Loved it so much they adopted it.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Anyone else think ****heads is quite possibly the worst, least insulting nickname possible? It's completely devoid of any creativity whatsoever. It's like us just referring to them as the c***s. It has no relevance apart from just being a standard insult.

It's a win win situation. . Sh##heads and GasHeads all sharing Bristol together .. and yes thankyou for giving us our nickname 

53 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Well they are the least creative club and fans in football league history, just look where their "club anthem" came from..

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Philgas said:

Glad you love it .. it's also great for me to catchup on BRFC news on here .. and of course I care a bit as you were only in this league not that long ago,I miss our derbies .. We all have mates and family of the other team and keeping it real we all care a bit don't you think ?

Can't say I miss the derbies because we have nothing to gain and everything to lose, always been the same with the exception of our 2-1 FA cup win at Eastville in the early 80s when we were actually in a lower division than you for the only occasion in my lifetime, it' like Port vale V Stoke, Notts County V Forest or Walsall V WBA, the little team's cup final against their far bigger and generally superior neighbours, personally I hope we never have to play you again

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Deluded....everyone knows that !!

To be honest I don't care what anyone thinks .. when we went out of the league I still went to see them .. we could play on the Downs I'd still watch them .. deluded maybe in yours and the whole world for I care .. lov'em to bits 

3 minutes ago, Philgas said:

To be honest I don't care what anyone thinks .. when we went out of the league I still went to see them .. we could play on the Downs I'd still watch them .. deluded maybe in yours and the whole world for I care .. lov'em to bits 

What you put here isn't delusion, claiming the mem is a perfect stadium is nothing other than delusion

10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

When they play on the Downs, I'll go to watch them too. Wouldn't want to miss that. :fingerscrossed:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

... ..but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Gas done for us?

Oh yes .... giving us lots of laughs and merriment! (as in laughing at them, not with them)

And I thought you cared ..

44 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I've got a horrible feeling that come April this year, they'll still be in genuine contention for a play off spot, and we know how good they are at play offs. 

About average aren't they??

I can remember them losing to Huddersfield, Port Vale and Northampton.

Edited by glynriley

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

To be fair, their record in the play offs is one thing they can beat us with given our total **** ups in them over the years.:grr:

Oh ah, not denying that.

We've got to have the worst record going in the play offs. I reckon Stephen Hawking would have more chance of winning gold in the 100m Butterfly at the Rio Olympics than us getting through them.

• Like 4