IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Anyone else think ****heads is quite possibly the worst, least insulting nickname possible? It's completely devoid of any creativity whatsoever. It's like us just referring to them as the c***s. It has no relevance apart from just being a standard insult.

I disagree. The word association is genius: Bristol City... Bristol Shitty... Shithead. 

Very clever for a fanbase with a combined IQ of 3. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I disagree. The word association is genius: Bristol City... Bristol Shitty... Shithead. 

Very clever for a fanbase with a combined IQ of 3. 

How do you come to the number 3??

The last reliable survey of sag brain samples had the number just shy of 2.

What is all this '3' crap, Mr??

:bruce_h4h:

Uncle TFR

2 hours ago, Super said:

A comment on the Facebook article of that story:

"Dear Marvin Rees, here's an idea, why don't you cancel the Bristol Arena and use the money to build a covered stadium/arena with UWE and BRFC that can be used for multiple types of events every day of the year" ???"

They always want something for nothing don't they? Why should the Mayor of Bristol pay for something in South Glos?

What a great idea, spend Bristol Arena's money on the UWE site outside Bristol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

A comment on the Facebook article of that story:

"Dear Marvin Rees, here's an idea, why don't you cancel the Bristol Arena and use the money to build a covered stadium/arena with UWE and BRFC that can be used for multiple types of events every day of the year" ???"

They always want something for nothing don't they? Why should the Mayor of Bristol pay for something in South Glos?

What a great idea, spend Bristol Arena's money on the UWE site outside Bristol!

indeed they do, but surely as the 6th richest club in the land (or is it the world) why would they even need public money?.

34 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

indeed they do, but surely as the 6th richest club in the land (or is it the world) why would they even need public money?.

Quite right. You`d think that with all their billions they would be offering to pay for the Arena as well as a goodwill gesture to the people of Bristol.

Although, we all know what the only gestures they`re capable of are.

Going big apparently?! Strange lot on that forum

"The question is about finance.
New builds exclude VAT. Refurbishment or extensions (eg Ashton Gate) are liable for VAT. It might be our interest to go for the larger capacity now. As I say this will be down to the financing.

Also one other point - the orginal design allows upto 35000. This was before safe standing.

I believe that we will see anouncement of about 28k including safe standing with an option to go to 35k."

Edited by Super

25 minutes ago, Super said:

New builds exclude VAT. Refurbishment or extensions (eg Ashton Gate) are liable for VAT. It might be our interest to go for the larger capacity now. As I say this will be down to the financing.

Also one other point - the orginal design allows upto 35000. This was before safe standing.

I believe that we will see anouncement of about 28k including safe standing with an option to go to 35k."

*cough* Darlington *Cough*

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Where is the other 500,000 going to go that get locked out every week?  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Super said:

The Gift.

1 hour ago, Super said:

28K - just a random figure and not at all picked because it's just above our post-development 27K. And they say we're the obsessed?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Super said:

Well that's just plain wrong: and nonsense. Commercial constructions are liable to VAT: plus he/she ignores that most or all of the VAT is probably reclaimble anyway!

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Well that's just plain wrong: and nonsense. Commercial constructions are liable to VAT: plus he/she ignores that most or all of the VAT is probably reclaimble anyway!

Knowing them they think that HMRC ought to let them off of the tax bill, they play in famous quarters don't you know.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Plenty of elbow room for the faithful five thousand (and sometimes three thousand).

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Pretty much so. Very few elements of both our refurb and their new stadium (if it ever happens, I have my doubts) would not have VAT on it, and as you say it's all reclaimable on your return. With knowledge like that posters, you can see why they think they are so rich #gasmaths