IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can some one with more time & effort on their hands please remind me of the Official Bristol Rovers Brexit statement?

i think we really missed a trick not releasing one ourselves. 

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-message-3152881.aspx

PUBLISHED

12:00 24th June 2016

As you will be aware, the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union in yesterday's referendum.

The ramifications of this decision are going to be significant and will impact, both positively and negatively, on every single industry in the UK, including football!  

At this stage it is too early to draw any specific conclusions about what it will mean for Clubs such as Bristol Rovers FC and the competitions we enter, other than the withdrawal process is unlikely to be very quick. 

Once the UK invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, it will begin a two-year process of negotiating to leave, although it could take even longer. 

We will endeavour to keep all our supporters informed, on a periodic basis, of the consequences for football and an exit from the EU.

:facepalm:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

PUBLISHED

As you will be aware, the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union in yesterday's referendum.

The ramifications of this decision are going to be significant and will impact, both positively and negatively, on every single industry in the UK, including football!  

At this stage it is too early to draw any specific conclusions about what it will mean for Clubs such as Bristol Rovers FC and the competitions we enter, other than the withdrawal process is unlikely to be very quick. 

Once the UK invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, it will begin a two-year process of negotiating to leave, although it could take even longer. 

We will endeavour to keep all our supporters informed, on a periodic basis, of the consequences for football and an exit from the EU.

I simply cannot believe that. I love it so much. Why oh why? Who thought it was a good idea?

I honestly think this is as good a gift as the bloke who'd rather have his dog be put down. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

PUBLISHED

At this stage it is too early to draw any specific conclusions about what it will mean for Clubs such as Bristol Rovers FC and the competitions we enter, other than the withdrawal process is unlikely to be very quick but it does give me a bloody good reason to not proceed with the ground building plans at UWE. Woohoo. Right now even the planned car park must be at risk. The good news is that Millets has a sale on so I can confirm that we will perform a major upgrade to stands at the Memorial Ground. We've may even buy a canopy or two and some garden furniture.

You've got the earlier edition of the press release. Here's the final version.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

As do I 

sensible gas heads are always welcome here, we aren't petty children like those on your forum,

i said when the take over happened that this is a land grab by Hamer. I still believe this to be the case, 

I generally think a stealth asset stripping will take place in around 6 months time, this is mainly because of Brexit which means land values have dropped and the property market currently in flux, which will explain the frankly bizarre statement from rovers on the day of the Brexit vote

@Monkeh your incredibly closer than you realise...

@bert tann I've said many times on here before, genuinely from a football fan to another...start asking serious questions about the ownership and the intentions. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

@Monkeh your incredibly closer than you realise...

@bert tann I've said many times on here before, genuinely from a football fan to another...start asking serious questions about the ownership and the intentions. 

I know, you must of heard the rumblings from the same sort of people I have

• Like 1

I would rather have two crappy tent stands because people want to watch Rovers than have open spaces where they stand because we've become a sh** Conference side that manages a 3000 crowd on a good day.

The future is looking good for our club, I reckon the new stadium is going to happen, along with the training ground and facilities. Just imagine how brilliant it will feel sitting in the new stadium and comparing it with the Mem.

Imagine the bile and spiteful, jealous hatred emanating from the open sewer sh**-house that it Ashton Gate.

Can't wait. It will be so sweet

:rofl2br::rofl2br:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I would rather have two crappy tent stands because people want to watch Rovers than have open spaces where they stand because we've become a sh** Conference side that manages a 3000 crowd on a good day.

The future is looking good for our club, I reckon the new stadium is going to happen, along with the training ground and facilities. Just imagine how brilliant it will feel sitting in the new stadium and comparing it with the Mem.

Imagine the bile and spiteful, jealous hatred emanating from the open sewer sh**-house that it Ashton Gate.

I for one will relish the day they move to another County, wish they'd hurry up about it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Can't wait?! Well seeing as there has been zero announcement about whether their move out of Bristol is still even happening, let alone a start date, he'd better learn how to wait.

Sweet.....

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I would counsel you to learn patience. It will be a long wait.

Edited by Aizoon

22 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I've always said the sags are a dense lot but for them to confuse mocking with jealousy is taking the biscuit, even for them. 

That's what I just can't understand. What exactly are we supposed to be jealous of? 

About the only thing they had over us was the quality of pie on offer and they don't even have that now. :D 

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

That's what I just can't understand. What exactly are we supposed to be jealous of? 

About the only thing they had over us was the quality of pie on offer and they don't even have that now. :D 

To be fair I've always said the best thing about that lot is the fact they can still stand on a terrace and watch football.

I wouldn't mind being able to do that, apart from that there is nothing about that club that I would even think about swapping with them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

To be fair I've always said the best thing about that lot is the fact they can still stand on a terrace and watch football.

I wouldn't mind being able to do that, apart from that there is nothing about that club that I would even think about swapping with them. 

I can stand when watching my son's school team play football but I wouldn't consider them a serious rival to Bristol City (well maybe they would have been in the Pulis days ;) ).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I've always said the sags are a dense lot but for them to confuse mocking with jealousy is taking the biscuit, even for them. 

Yeah some of them dont understand the origin of this thread we definately are not jealous.

We rarely spoke about rovers until we went down and that was because the gas were loving it on social media and having relegation parties and announcing our defeats seperately on their tannoy, always singing about us etc etc. For them to turn around and say we are obsessed is hilarious! Even when they got promoted instead of enjoying their own promotion they make it all about us.....they are coming for us dont you know.....

We decided to put a thread about them on here constantly mocking them as pay back. They themselves come on here and read it everyday and take the bait. Its a job well done boys and long may this thread continue!

• Like 6

Gonna be a struggle for the 2015ers to realise that reality bites and that sadly (for them) Jack All has changed other than (admittedly good for them) Wonga loan cleared but my life a dodgy BR in the seats, new tent and a couple of new portaloos. Sweet Jesus. Reality of the situation of the Zillionare Al Quadi family are actually worth a couple of beans more of a scrape of my kacks worth of what they are willing to invest makes me think meltdown and dissapointment are days away when in September DC is days away from the biannual Gas payoff!

11 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Apparently pies will be back on the menu as from next week - power to the people! :cool:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Why are they still playing in a training kit?

Come on, be realistic - how can you expect them to find the time to build a new shed, erect a new canopy, put new seats with letters that don't make sense in AND sort out the new kit?

Also, I think you forget that they were a non-league team a couple of years' back and this sort of situation with the kit is perfectly normal at that level. In fact don't be surprised if they play in skins in their next game....

• Like 3