IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

43 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Patience is important to us. We did all jump for joy when we welcomed our new owner and the honeymoon is coming to an end and reality sets in .. however we do find ourselves with a league one status .. a good manager .. and a good team .. The New stadium will go ahead , when ?? Who knows but as I said patience is what we've learned to aquire . You do have a good stadium that's a fact and ours is what it is .when you follow a club you stand by them through good and bad times .. yes it's frustrating but there ya go .. My thoughts on the season ahead ? We shall end up middish and maybe a few more acquisitions .. I know nothing about your team but understand you've  improved from the way you got yourselves out of trouble last season. . I predict 16th ish .. I am one of the realists who support BRFC and yes I do enjoy the odd bit of banter with you guys as I do with my own red mates ..

sitting_on_the_fence.gif

• Like 6

As you'll now be aware my inner knowledge of the working of this stain on the moral fabric of society has now flown away with the birds. 

Time  has flown on any influence I once had on certain decision makers and I'm sad to say I've not accomplished my main directive the complete destruction of the scum,  I'm sure you'll all agree I have it my best shot the sacking of Trollope,  the hiring of McGee the sacking of ward with 8 games to go genius on my part, 

but I thought the whispers in certain ears to go to appeal twice against sainsburys and secure a wonga loan would be they're undoing!

Unfortunately they ones I have once had influence over are gone and now they will surely go from being relegation fodder to becoming a seriously league 1 to league 2 yoyo team and that will be my failure! 

Until wally sells up maybe I will be able to exert some sort of influence over the next lot until then as always I am the mole!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bert tann said:

My dad bought me a Tri-ang train set because it was all he could afford. I spent many happy hours watching the engine and carriages go round and round in circles because that is all they did. My brother, the cat and I sat on the lino floor beside it waiting for the engine to derail (which happened regularly) and ready to carefully put it back on track and set it running again..  Friends and family seemed to enjoy seeing us get such pleasure out of the little toy although I never really caught on to what they were really thinking. 

Many of my contemporaries had a Hornby train set which cost  a bit more than the Tri-ang. These had  signals and sidings with multiple lines and lots of different types of engines and rolling stock. There were stations and landscapes and little figures all built to scale and painted  in appropriate colours with great attention to detail. If you were lucky enough to have one of these sets you couldn't just sit on your backside watching it go round and round. You needed to design the layout in an imaginative way so as to create a working model railway which would impress your friends and gain their admiration for your skill and ingenuity.

My Dad sold my train track , said it was Beeching .

I would n't have minded so much but my train driver had just come back off strike.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Bristol Rovers depart on their second rate Spanish tour where they will come up against some 'top' 4th tier opposition.

Would have thought Mr Al Qaeda would ferry them over in his private jet surely!! perhaps he owns Easyjet?? 

13731675_10153719648128314_8367793986420497196_n.jpg

Edited by Redstoke
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Meanwhile Bristol Rovers depart on their second rate Spanish tour where they will come up against some 'top' 4th tier opposition.

Would have thought Mr Al Qaeda would ferry them over in his private jet surely!! perhaps he owns Easyjet?? 

I see the tramp that plays for them has gone grey quickly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Special bus

3 hours ago, Redstoke said:

I assume the bloke on the left in the second row is bald.

4 hours ago, Redstoke said:

hand on heart can anyone name any of that lot?

• Admin

Hat to listen to someone tell me all about this trip whilst at the cricket over the weekend. They're playing some side that has the same shite kit as them, supporters from both sides often attend each others fixtures. My sag friend claimed that 550 were going over, I asked how many would be locked out, but that was lost on him

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Redstoke said:

That's the photo I put up on our Facebook Rovers Appreciation Page .. and he's keeping it real .. he said he was never gonna throw money at our club .. so what it's easy jet .. better than nothing and the lads look happy .. I got the stewardess to get me all their autographs which she did .. she's one of my students who works for Easy Jet ..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Did he start off by calling it a project then change the wording to a 'file'?

2 men working very hard on a file? 

I believe they are trying to saw through the bars of a bank vault.

The evolution not revolution line, which has been swallowed by so many fans, may be a ruse to disguise the likelihood that no new equity has been put into the club and the acquisition could possibility have been financed by a loan from Dwayne Sports Ltd which will be paid back when The Mem is sold.  If this is true the Al Qadi family will have actually paid nothing at all for Rovers.  

Add in the probability that the cash for The Mem upgrade has come from season ticket revenues and the two Gentlemen who are supposed to be working tirelessly on the UWE Stadium "file"  both appear to have full time jobs managing other companies and there may be some cause for concern.

However, I for one am reassured by the fact that successful businessmen do not buy sports clubs purely for the prestige of being described in the papers as "billionaires" or rubbing shoulders with intricately tattooed players or being treated like royalty by sycophantic fans. And neither do banks use other peoples money to enrich their coffers from tasty land deals at absolutely no risk to themselves.

Do they ?   

• Like 6