IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

I believe they are trying to saw through the bars of a bank vault.

The evolution not revolution line, which has been swallowed by so many fans, may be a ruse to disguise the likelihood that no new equity has been put into the club and the acquisition could possibility have been financed by a loan from Dwayne Sports Ltd which will be paid back when The Mem is sold.  If this is true the Al Qadi family will have actually paid nothing at all for Rovers.  

Add in the probability that the cash for The Mem upgrade has come from season ticket revenues and the two Gentlemen who are supposed to be working tirelessly on the UWE Stadium "file"  both appear to have full time jobs managing other companies and there may be some cause for concern.

However, I for one am reassured by the fact that successful businessmen do not buy sports clubs purely for the prestige of being described in the papers as "billionaires" or rubbing shoulders with intricately tattooed players or being treated like royalty by sycophantic fans. And neither do banks use other peoples money to enrich their coffers from tasty land deals at absolutely no risk to themselves.

Do they ?   

russians do, so do arabs, its to rub their ego, the more you start to dig, the more the threads come undone, Wael is a fall guy for Hamer to get his grubby mits on the mem and the land, you've traded one incompatant chairman with his heart in the right place to another who will asset strip the club,

If the car park hasn't started by the end of august be very worried

• Like 1

On 25/07/2016 at 08:17, Philgas said:

Patience is important to us. We did all jump for joy when we welcomed our new owner and the honeymoon is coming to an end and reality sets in .. however we do find ourselves with a league one status .. a good manager .. and a good team .. The New stadium will go ahead , when ?? Who knows but as I said patience is what we've learned to aquire . You do have a good stadium that's a fact and ours is what it is .when you follow a club you stand by them through good and bad times .. yes it's frustrating but there ya go .. My thoughts on the season ahead ? We shall end up middish and maybe a few more acquisitions .. I know nothing about your team but understand you've  improved from the way you got yourselves out of trouble last season. . I predict 16th ish .. I am one of the realists who support BRFC and yes I do enjoy the odd bit of banter with you guys as I do with my own red mates ..

Pretty close there I reckon Phil..i have us to finish 15th,you mid table...would be a decent season for both IMO...plenty of ours n' yours that will be pretty unhappy with that,I'm sure!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Philgas said:

That's the photo I put up on our Facebook Rovers Appreciation Page .. and he's keeping it real .. he said he was never gonna throw money at our club .. so what it's easy jet .. better than nothing and the lads look happy .. I got the stewardess to get me all their autographs which she did .. she's one of my students who works for Easy Jet ..

Correct,they are way better than nothing when you wish to be flown somewhere..the fella with the grey beard at the back,the Bill Oddie lookalike-new signing???...

8 hours ago, Philgas said:

That's the photo I put up on our Facebook Rovers Appreciation Page .. and he's keeping it real .. he said he was never gonna throw money at our club .. so what it's easy jet .. better than nothing and the lads look happy .. I got the stewardess to get me all their autographs which she did .. she's one of my students who works for Easy Jet ..

Why on earth would you want autographs from that lot?

7 hours ago, bert tann said:

I believe they are trying to saw through the bars of a bank vault.

The evolution not revolution line, which has been swallowed by so many fans, may be a ruse to disguise the likelihood that no new equity has been put into the club and the acquisition could possibility have been financed by a loan from Dwayne Sports Ltd which will be paid back when The Mem is sold.  If this is true the Al Qadi family will have actually paid nothing at all for Rovers.  

Add in the probability that the cash for The Mem upgrade has come from season ticket revenues and the two Gentlemen who are supposed to be working tirelessly on the UWE Stadium "file"  both appear to have full time jobs managing other companies and there may be some cause for concern.

However, I for one am reassured by the fact that successful businessmen do not buy sports clubs purely for the prestige of being described in the papers as "billionaires" or rubbing shoulders with intricately tattooed players or being treated like royalty by sycophantic fans. And neither do banks use other peoples money to enrich their coffers from tasty land deals at absolutely no risk to themselves.

Do they ?   

Being a thief is a terrific life

Yours,   John McVicar...

They have started training already in Spain..... "Some 50 yards away, Al-Qadi watched on from close to the dugouts, seemingly eager to join the action as he continually rose from his chair in a dash to return any wayward ball that rolled in his direction".........I bet he was busy with wayward balls.

WARNING!!! I'm just watching the local news and in their. 'Coming up shortly' piece they showed a load of dirty Gasheads singing about their tart Irene. I've just had my tea, I feel sick. Hope this helps anyone else sat infront of their tv. Avoid Points West, switch it off now!!!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

WARNING!!! I'm just watching the local news and in their. 'Coming up shortly' piece they showed a load of dirty Gasheads singing about their tart Irene. I've just had my tea, I feel sick. Hope this helps anyone else sat infront of their tv. Avoid Points West, switch it off now!!!

It`s like watching a car crash. You want to turn it off and know you should but you can`t!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's on now ,Makes me feel sick