IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Will they now say that they will be building a new ground by junction 13 ? 

buys them them more time and saves face about the uwe

J13 - that's where FGR want to build their new super stadium?

I don't read this thread too much, have I missed something on this, or is this a piss take post? J13 is way too close to me to let that happen, they can **** right off

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

J13 - that's where FGR want to build their new super stadium?

I don't read this thread too much, have I missed something on this, or is this a piss take post? J13 is way too close to me to let that happen, they can **** right off

No there's rumours that uwe has fallen through

• Like 1

For Chippenhamgas on Gasshat, the penny is finally beginning to drop

"Normally don't believe anything chimp says but you don't need to be in the know to work things out. The silence speaks louder than anything on this. Starting to question whether our new owners actually have any money or access to investment. "

Only just starting your questions?

29 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I will laugh my big hairy ass off if this falls through for the gas.

The sags were chanting "wheres your new stadium" at the gate last time. Well we have ours completed and you dont even have a carpark. Another point for the best team in bristol! :city:

They were singing 'we've got our stadium'.

3 days later it became apparent that we weren't going to win the Village Green argument and the club started to focus on 'Plan B'....the redevelopment of Ashton Gate. 

I'm sure they will get their stadium and it will probably be at UWE but it's been hilarious watching them soil their pants in frustration at every problem they've encountered in the 3 years since that JPT Match. They certainly thought it was going to be a lot easier than it actually has been :rofl2br:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were singing 'we've got our stadium'.

3 days later it became apparent that we weren't going to win the Village Green argument and the club started to focus on 'Plan B'....the redevelopment of Ashton Gate. 

I'm sure they will get their stadium and it will probably be at UWE but it's been hilarious watching them soil their pants in frustration at every problem they've encountered in the 3 years since that JPT Match. They certainly thought it was going to be a lot easier than it actually has been :rofl2br:

Still is,sales of borax hit a new high in gasland...index.jpg

21 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A real person but never on the board at the Mem nor could be MD of Natch given that's just a brand by Gaymers 

21 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A real person but never on the board at the Mem nor could be MD of Natch given that's just a brand by Gaymers 

Oh indeed,  Fwiw I didn't hear the rumours from him,  but I have heard them and something about the whole set up there hasn't sat right

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Oh indeed,  Fwiw I didn't hear the rumours from him,  but I have heard them and something about the whole set up there hasn't sat right

As someone speculated a while ago, starting to sound like a property deal gone bad.

Odd how the manager who got successive promotions was only offered a new deal when someone else came in for him - probably with a fixed release fee - another chance to generate a bit of cash if Wally doesn't open his Griffin Saver sports bag and get his coins out.

• Like 1

All is not lost if the two gentlemen responsible for negotiating with the UWE are forced to admit they have failed us (for it is surely they alone and not the Chairman or President at fault) and the stadium dream is in tatters.

We shall simply announce our plan B.

You may be signing goalkeepers from Bayern Munich but I understand Rovers could soon be embarking on our very own Bayern Conversion.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bert tann said:

All is not lost if the two gentlemen responsible for negotiating with the UWE are forced to admit they have failed us (for it is surely they alone and not the Chairman or President at fault) and the stadium dream is in tatters.

We shall simply announce our plan B.

You may be signing goalkeepers from Bayern Munich but I understand Rovers could soon be embarking on our very own Bayern Conversion.

Did you see someone was trying to out you on gaschat the other day?

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Yes I did Fordy although it didn't gain much traction. 

Anyone who asks awkward questions or pokes fun at some of the absurdities which emanate from the Mem is automatically labeled a City fan and I can only think this is a kind of defence mechanism. Why doesn't it happen on OTIB ?  Over the years I've noticed City fans being highly caustic in their comments about your players, managers and directors and yet no one here calls them a "Gashead". Why is that ?

I've said before that Wael Al-Qadi appears to be a genuine and sincere man but it doesn't mean he is beyond reproach. The point made above was really aimed at the comment in his interview where, when asked about news of the UWE "file", he said "you will hear it from them" meaning the two people negotiating with the UWE. Now to me that's shirking responsibility, it's not leading from the front and it gives the impression of hinting that "bad news may be on the way but don't blame me if it is". I may be wrong about this, it may be down to a lack of experience or over stressed humility on his part, but surely it's better to confront concerns like this when you come across them rather than look the other way. If others believe that such a comment was a sensible one then let them defend it vigorously but it doesn't help anyone to bury ones head in the sand and simply accuse those who highlight difficult issues of "swinging the other way" as we used to say at the Clifton Lido.

Mindful that it's a City forum and this thread is meant to be a bit of fun I'll leave it there as I've got a date with Dot Clarke  (  Don has gone fishing with Brian ) 

Regarding your first paragraph Bert.

ive got a few gas mates as I come from the wrong side of town . We've had this chat before and gas heads always say they're more loyal . I remember back in the eighties ( after coopers sacking ) being just one time when we protested outside the Williams ( grandstand) we have always questioned things at Ashton if we're not happy and been called fickle for it. 

A few seasons ago when the gas were struggling at the bottom of the basement I asked why they don't protest , vote with their feet etc. They just shrugged and said what's the point. 

Ive always thought gas heads are as much to blame as Higgs was in some ways as they just put up with the shite they're dealt . 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ive always thought gas heads are as much to blame as Higgs was in some ways as they just put up with the shite they're dealt . 

Absolutely spot on.

They happily watched the club they love being run like a circus for years, season after season in the bottom half of L2. The ******* idiots waited until after the final whistle against Mansfield before kicking up a fuss. 

...and some of them think that's a good thing. We get called fickle for expecting more from our club.

They clearly haven't learned their lesson. Any Gasheads like Bert who ask questions of their owners and who want better for the club are branded 'shitheads'. 

Many of them have got the club they deserve.

image.png

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 9