IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I can't help but think this hashtag they're using is a joke. Maybe it's because they've just ripped off a scene from the first episode of 'I'm Alan Partridge' (1997):

Alan: I love that phrase you used, it was very clever - Revolution not evolution.

Tony Hayers: No, it was the opposite: evolution not revolution.

Alan: Well whatever.  

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Henbury said:

My girlfriend decided to wear a Bristol City top for a week to see the public reaction.

Today was her first day, and she's already been spat on, swore at, punched in the face, kicked up the arse and received death threats.

God knows how bad it will get when she finally leaves the house.

Sorry Boys, it made i laugh

Class. What an embarassment you are 

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

I see they're getting in on the hashtag phenomenon as well now

Can't quite make out the bottom of the shirt but I'm sure one of our resident Sags can confirm if it's on there too?

#EvolutionNotRevolution........

image.jpeg

I've used the Ashtotron Digital Doobery and confirm the hash tag says #masturbationandincestation

I think we should therefore be grateful to have our hashtag.

Edited by GreedyHarry
Spelling m'lord
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Henbury said:

My girlfriend decided to wear a Bristol City top for a week to see the public reaction.

Today was her first day, and she's already been spat on, swore at, punched in the face, kicked up the arse and received death threats.

God knows how bad it will get when she finally leaves the house.

Sorry Boys, it made i laugh

What do you call a saggie wearing a suit and tie?

The accused.

:laugh: lmfao etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kotsy said:

I can't help but think this hashtag they're using is a joke. Maybe it's because they've just ripped off a scene from the first episode of 'I'm Alan Partridge' (1997):

Alan: I love that phrase you used, it was very clever - Revolution not evolution.

Tony Hayers: No, it was the opposite: evolution not revolution.

Alan: Well whatever.  

Everytime I see or hear the phrase 'Evolution not Revolution' I automatically think about Alan Partridge running out of a restaurant shouting "IVE GOT CHEESE....THIS IS CHEESE".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

At the end of the 1962/63 season Con Stevens admitted to me that his policy of  #destitutionnotrelocation had failed and we needed to find some cash from somewhere fast.  I mentioned this to Alfie Biggs and he told me his brother Ron may be able to help which is how we found ourselves in early August 1963 at a hastily improvised training camp next to a railway line in Buckinghamshire.

The idea was to disguise ourselves as footballers, hold up the London bound mail train and overwhelm the Post Office staff with our quartered shirts and pirate badges. Then we would use a sublime series of bird noises (or tweets) to trick them into donating the millions of pounds they were carrying to us instead of letting it fall into the hands of those greedy investment bankers in the City. It was a disingenuous plan but one which I felt we were capable of carrying off provided our wing halves tucked in behind our inside forwards and Alfie kept off the George’s bitter.

In typical Rovers fashion things soon started to go awry when Doug Hillard Sports failed to deliver the shirts in time forcing us to wear training smocks borrowed from the Coates Cider factory at Nailsea. Then, when the box of badges was opened, we found the  intense heat that summer had made the Pirates go limp from the wrist downwards. But our final undoing came when the train sailed past our “stop, we are billionaires” banner only to come to a halt at a red signal half a mile down the track where Alfie’s brother and his gang quickly started loading the mail sacks into an old army truck.

I know when I am beaten so rather than confront the cocky band of synthetic Chelsea hustlers who were making away with our money I decided on a hasty retreat back to Bristol. Con Stevens was angry of course, and gave Ian a terrible spanking, but at least he had his plan B to fall back on which was to sell the ground to Ikea. Tragically the lads and I never received a penny of royalties from the film of whole sorry episode which starred my friend the delightful Joan Collins and in which I was portrayed by Dame Margaret Rutherford.

To be continued …

Absolute quality Bert, I won`t stop smiling all night! Top man!

12 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Great signing for you and good money for us.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FL92Transfer/status/759080348978413569

1) Could've had him for free a couple of weeks back if we wanted.

2) I thought you didn't need the money anymore?

3) We've already got someone to wash the kit.

• Like 11

Chatting to a couple of sags about Taylor. I said it was bullshit and I wouldn't give u 500,000 for him . They got really touchy about it usual stuff. Said he was loyal and would never sign for the shit . I said we could buy your whole club for 2.5 million. Of they walked cursing on there way . So bitter 

On 5/17/2015 at 17:32, bris red said:

Why the fo0k would we want to share with thise gypo's when we have a great new stadium being built.. Deluded *****

Think you'd find we wouldn't want to share even if you'd built a camp nou...that's not deluded just reality.On another note I think City have bought really well and you'll have a top half finish..(christ that hurt typing that)...we'll survive league one which most Rovers fans would accept for now...

• Like 3