IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Ummm... Dream on.

Late 60's, early 70's might have been before your time but I was in the middle of the Tote with hundreds of City. Think I recall a 5-0 evening a Glos. Cup Match where the entire centre of the Tote End celebrated by invading the tulip beds behind the goal.

Can't recall the year but segregation was introduced in the 70's and that year only a few City, including me, went in the Tote just before kick off. To be fair we were off it pretty sharpish. 

With Man U, you were tolerated in the East End - just not the centre blocks :-)

Yep. I was there that night. Prob around 1969. Think it was 0-0 at half time. Garland Galley Skirton  Sharp all scored

Can't remember who was the other scorer but it was the entire front line. Might have been Jantzen Derrick

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robinreliant said:

Yep. I was there that night. Prob around 1969. Think it was 0-0 at half time. Garland Galley Skirton  Sharp all scored

Can't remember who was the other scorer but it was the entire front line. Might have been Jantzen Derrick

Bobby Kellard. He wore 10 and the scorers were players 7-11, although they didn't score in numerical order.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

NO CAR BOOT SALE THIS WEEKEND

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/no-car-boot-sale-this-weekend-3214409.aspx

...this is a real set back for the new player fund  ....and they were hoping to use the rest of the money to waterproof the tents

I trust this is a ******* wind up? That hasn't actually appeared in their official website?

Just visited there forum for the first time. Read a couple of beauty's about Matt Taylor. They still believe they have a billionaire owner and we only rebuilt our stadium because they are apparently getting the UWE . Also we have delusions of grandeur. They really think that they are amazing. With there new Apple clock . Ticktock 

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just visited there forum for the first time. Read a couple of beauty's about Matt Taylor. They still believe they have a billionaire owner and we only rebuilt our stadium because they are apparently getting the UWE . Also we have delusions of grandeur. They really think that they are amazing. With there new Apple clock . Ticktock 

Look at this deluded belter below, bless him....just ignore the fact that we were planning a new stadium back in 2009, 2 years before they unveiled plans for the UWE.

We 'kicked on' with the plans to redevelop AG in 2013 because it became apparent we weren't going to get anywhere against the dog walkers at AV, it was **** all to do with their plans. :rofl2br:

We did it because we have an owner who is a genuine billionaire and who actually puts his money where his mouth is. Not a Chelsea fan who will only pay for a new tent...

image.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Look at this deluded belter below, bless him....just ignore the fact that we were planning a new stadium back in 2009, 2 years before they unveiled plans for the UWE.

We 'kicked on' with the plans to redevelop AG in 2013 because it became apparent we weren't going to get anywhere against the dog walkers at AV, it was **** all to do with their plans. :rofl2br:

We did it because we have an owner who is a genuine billionaire and who actually puts his money where his mouth is. Not a Chelsea fan who will only pay for a new tent...

image.jpeg

That's the one POH . Wat a belter

15 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

So the dinosaurs didn't die out after all then.  I can't believe that a few Rovers and City fans still harp on about "firms" and violence.  It nearly ruined football than, and stains it today.  On the rare occasions that City and Rovers meet, it would be great if it could be more like a Liverpool v Everton celebration rather than a nasty violent tense stand-off.

If you call full scale riots, smashed up pubs and the police helicopter up in the sky due to running battles on Stanley Park a celebration, you must have definitely have been brought up in Knowle West!... That was my experience of that Derby in 2003 anyway. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

image.jpeg

That will be the new ground we started 2 years before they even heard of wally,

typical gas re-writing history to suit 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cynic said:

First paragraph is quite sensible.

Then.........

They keep on giving.

I know, it's bizarre.

'Delusions of Grandeur' he says, shortly after claiming that we only 'kicked on' with our redevelopment because they had their own plans for a new stadium. :blink:

One of them recently claimed that we have only spent what we have on transfers this year because we are so terrified of their imminent rise up the league, loads of them genuinely believe they are now the biggest, richest club in Bristol despite clear evidence to the contrary. For all the accusations of 'Delusions of Grandeur' aimed at City fans this short definition of the term perfectly suits nearly every Gashead I know.

image.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I know, it's bizarre.

'Delusions of Grandeur' he says, shortly after claiming that we only 'kicked on' with our redevelopment because they had their own plans for a new stadium. :blink:

One of them recently claimed that we have only spent what we have on transfers this year because we are so terrified of their imminent rise up the league, loads of them genuinely believe they are now the biggest, richest club in Bristol despite clear evidence to the contrary. For all the accusations of 'Delusions of Grandeur' aimed at City fans this short definition of the term perfectly suits nearly every Gashead I know.

Close , but as it's them and considering where they are it's more Delusions of mediocrity 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

If you call full scale riots, smashed up pubs and the police helicopter up in the sky due to running battles on Stanley Park a celebration, you must have definitely have been brought up in Knowle West!... That was my experience of that Derby in 2003 anyway. 

Steady on fellah.