IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, myol'man said:

Have the diggers started on the UWE car park yet? :whistle:

No but the diggers who are on their board have dug themselves a pretty impressive pit now. It`s debatable whether they can actually climb out of it -  although, knowing Rovers, there will be an escape tunnel somewhere for the directors to leg it down with whatever cash is left when the shoddily built supporting structure collapses in on itself as usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

No but the diggers who are on their board have dug themselves a pretty impressive pit now. It`s debatable whether they can actually climb out of it -  although, knowing Rovers, there will be an escape tunnel somewhere for the directors to leg it down with whatever cash is left when the shoddily built supporting structure collapses in on itself as usual.

Unlike the famous contract I suspect the escape tunnel really will be watertight - and it's filling fast.:argh:

It's obvious that this Facebook nonesense is a diversionary tactic to hide the fact that there has been zero progress on the UWE front and that they haven't spent a bean in the transfer market.  Of course the sags being the sags they've fallen for it hook line and sinker.

i expect they'll get in a few journeymen lower league players on loan before the window closes, but it will be no great surprise if Dopey is gone, one way or the other, by Bonfire night.

14 hours ago, bert tann said:

It is unconventional but worthwhile if it draws attention to the absurdity which remains at Rovers despite the regime change.

I make no apology for challenging the wisdom of our President re-tweeting the boast about Facebook likes.

In February, after years of watching Nicholas stumble from crisis to crisis, all of us believed the new owners would tighten up our defences and then launch an attacking strategy.

But six months on and we are still scoring own goals 

Please don't pretend to be a Rovers supporter my friend.  In your years of posting on here I have not seen you write ONE positive post about the Gas - always making digs and sniping at the club you claim to support.  You also seem to spend all your time on here yet I don't see anyone with a similar posting style on either of the main Rovers forums.  I used to put this down to you being one of those disaffected by the Boardroom split a few years back and an enemy of Higgs but it has continued unabated ever since he left too.

Even if you're trying to be balanced in your approach you would, at times, recognise some successes amongst the failures - but you don't.  Ever.  All you do is nit pick and talk down - You are clearly NOT a Rovers fan as you pretend to be and anyone who thinks that you are need to take a long hard look at themselves.  You can dupe everyone else - you can't me. 

Anyway, back into hibernation I go.  Have a good day everyone.    

• Like 1

Just now, DancinDannyD said:

Please don't pretend to be a Rovers supporter my friend.  In your years of posting on here I have not seen you write ONE positive post about the Gas - always making digs and sniping at the club you claim to support.  You also seem to spend all your time on here yet I don't see anyone with a similar posting style on either of the main Rovers forums.  I used to put this down to you being one of those disaffected by the Boardroom split a few years back and an enemy of Higgs but it has continued unabated ever since he left too.

Even if you're trying to be balanced in your approach you would, at times, recognise some successes amongst the failures - but you don't.  Ever.  All you do is nit pick and talk down - You are clearly NOT a Rovers fan as you pretend to be and anyone who thinks that you are need to take a long hard look at themselves.  You can dupe everyone else - you can't me. 

He's back!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I know you get a lot of likes on this forum by, in written form, wearily shaking your hand and bemoaning how lame Rovers are, but it's a slightly odd thing for a Rovers "fan" to do, isn't it?

Bert gets a lot of 'likes' on here because his posts are funny and intelligent. Clearly there's an undertone in his posts that suggests he wants better for his club who are still struggling to shake off the 'rag bag' image you've created over decades despite a new, wealthy owner.

Unfortunately for many of you who aren't used to asking questions of your owners this makes Bert a 'shithead'. Maybe if he came on here and made a fool of himself, 'tick tocking' away to an imaginary clock like a ******* moron that would keep the brain dead idiots on Slagchat happy and make Bert more of a 'fan'?

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Yeah we noticed that, around about the time you embarrassed yourselves by falling out of the entire league. 

You can piss off again now.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Super said:

He's back!!!

Did you miss me? :-)   Long time lurker - but negative ramblings of Mr Tann brought me temporarily out from my cover.  If the guy genuinely is a Rovers fan he must have a huge chip on his shoulder or serious issues with the club about something to be so constantly critical.  Back to back promotions, Wonga loan cleared, improvements (albeit small) to the Memorial Stadium to improve the matchday experience for everyday fans (cleaner, sanitary toilets, sprucing up the bars etc) - yet not one word in SUPPORT of 'his' (or her) team.  Ever.    Anyway, I'm off again now.. hope everyone is well and having an enjoyable Summer!  Toodleoo all!

2 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Did you miss me? :-)   Long time lurker - but negative ramblings of Mr Tann brought me temporarily out from my cover.  If the guy genuinely is a Rovers fan he must have a huge chip on his shoulder or serious issues with the club about something to be so constantly critical.  Back to back promotions, Wonga loan cleared, improvements (albeit small) to the Memorial Stadium to improve the matchday experience for everyday fans (cleaner, sanitary toilets, sprucing up the bars etc) - yet not one word in SUPPORT of 'his' (or her) team.  Ever.    Anyway, I'm off again now.. hope everyone is well and having an enjoyable Summer!  Toodleoo all!

Or maybe he doesn't want to lie down and take it up the backside and believe everthing that come out of your shitty poxy little club like the rest of you?

3 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

You've got the club you deserve Fanny...

image.jpeg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

I present to you the first evidence that he is indeed Gas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

image.jpeg

I see they`ve got the water cannon strategically positioned ready for the next pitch invasion. It`s the only time some of them get a wash I should think.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Or maybe he doesn't want to lie down and take it up the backside and believe everthing that come out of your shitty poxy little club like the rest of you?

I am regularly critical of the club.  Many many things needed to improve.  Many things have, others are WIP, others we're yet to see if there's any action behind the words.  The jury is out.  But in the meantime a genuine "fan" would counterbalance the constant criticism and enjoy some (relative) success as we all know it doesn't come around very often does it?.  It's been a shitty decade (or more) - if this so-called fan can't at least glean a enjoy a small bit of enjoyment about 2 successive promotions given the alternative (a slow death in non-league) then what are they actually supporting?  What's the point!?

It's more a sense of pity I have - if the guy (or girl) is genuinely a fan then to be so constantly down, sniping and critical must be such a miserable existence hey?  To always see the negatives in everything? Even if (s)he wants better for his/her club as has been suggested can't (s)he see at least see that where we are today is considerably better than where we could have been 2 years on from Mansfield.  Yes, we're miles behind City and their Billionaire sugardaddy in terms of infrastructure and finance - most FL clubs don't have the benefit of that circumstance like City do..  But what does (s)he expect? 

Yes, continue to challenge and question.  Absolutely.  But a true fan would also hold their hand up and say 'fair-do's, after Mansfield and Higgs' cock-ups with Sainsbury's I'm relatively happy where we are and that the club is not in short term risk of administration.  They're no fan at all.  I'm calling it here.  Why they would "pretend" to be on a rival fans forum is genuinely beyond me!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Is that really the new "South West Stand" ? Tinpot doesn't even come close , come on gasheads, how can you defend that?

I can't believe that is a new stand? I am actually embarrassed just looking at it! Some poor f@cker has had to take their staple gun and put that thing together. Gonna be carnage when it rains.... The club is total muppetry!

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

image.jpeg

Why so bitter?  I didn't post anything about a FB war?  Yes, that stand is very far removed from the new Lansdown Stand (which is very impressive I accept).  But it adds necessary additional seating at a time when all other seats are sold out for the season so I welcome it.  Do I want to see a brand new stadium in the next few years?  Yes.  Will it happen overnight?  No.  So in the meantime do what you can to add facilities to the sub-standard stadium we have.  Which is what has happened - a spruce-up / refurbishment of bars etc, much higher quality ladies sanitary facilities, a new scoreboard (yes, I know its no big screen job), additional seating, a tidy up of the tent end.  All things that I'm quite sure wouldn't have happened under Higgs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DancinDannyD said:

I am regularly critical of the club.  Many many things needed to improve.  Many things have, others are WIP, others we're yet to see if there's any action behind the words.  The jury is out. 

SHITHEAD

It's been a shitty decade (or more) - if this so-called fan can't at least glean a enjoy a small bit of enjoyment about 2 successive promotions

How do you know Bert didn't enjoy your promotion?

Yes, we're miles behind City and their Billionaire sugardaddy in terms of infrastructure and finance - most FL clubs don't have the benefit of that circumstance like City do..  

Sorry, I thought you were supposed to be the biggest, richest club in Bristol now thanks to your foreign, billionaire Sugardaddy? You can't use that excuse anymore.

2 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Why so bitter?  I didn't post anything about a FB war?  Yes, that stand is very far removed from the new Lansdown Stand (which is very impressive I accept).  But it adds necessary additional seating at a time when all other seats are sold out for the season so I welcome it.  Do I want to see a brand new stadium in the next few years?  Yes.  Will it happen overnight?  No.  So in the meantime do what you can to add facilities to the sub-standard stadium we have.  Which is what has happened - a spruce-up / refurbishment of bars etc, much higher quality ladies sanitary facilities, a new scoreboard (yes, I know its no big screen job), additional seating, a tidy up of the tent end.  All things that I'm quite sure wouldn't have happened under Higgs. 

The Tent End.

Now that made I laugh.... The gift ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

The Tent End - The one with the new garden shed for company? Is this also the one that H&S won't sign off or is that a different tent?

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

I assume you won't be gloating about uwe    Like you were last time Danny?

All relative isn't it? You were gloating about the World Cup ready AV!  Things change - you're lucky your sugardaddy was able to personally finance the impressive AG renovation.  In the meantime I'm hoping that we get some positive news about a new stadium soon.  But I'll only believe it when I'm sat in it, not holding my breath.   I know Wael doesn't have the wealth of Landsown so we don't have the lucky fortune that you do of a mega-rich fan bankrolling the club. In the meantime I've enjoyed our (relative) success from where we were 2 years ago given we could have done a Stockport. 

• Like 1