IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Philgas said:

Easily pleased whatever you say doesn't change my mind about a club I love and support through thick and thin .. you've had your low points .. crowds of 2,500 etc when you were in the bottom league ... I stand with my head up with pride of being a Rovers fan .. We have got whingers n stuff but what is there to whinge about  ?? I'm happy and if easily pleased is being promoted twice in a row then that's weird. . It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

Amazing ...you're  back where you were 3 years ago . How is that amazing.?

Edited by Doozerchris
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

You've got the club you deserve Fanny...

image.jpeg

To be fair, you might knock that new tent but it does look like its full of their imaginary Facebook friends. 

• Like 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

After I saw our second string had beaten Wycombe I found myself scrolling down the league cup scores tonight looking for a quick chuckle at the plight of the blue few, only to find they weren't playing.  Don't tell me they failed to qualify again?

On the telly, Thursday I believe, playing Baadiff

8 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

I am regularly critical of the club.  Many many things needed to improve.  Many things have, others are WIP, others we're yet to see if there's any action behind the words.  The jury is out.  But in the meantime a genuine "fan" would counterbalance the constant criticism and enjoy some (relative) success as we all know it doesn't come around very often does it?.  It's been a shitty decade (or more) - if this so-called fan can't at least glean a enjoy a small bit of enjoyment about 2 successive promotions given the alternative (a slow death in non-league) then what are they actually supporting?  What's the point!?

It's more a sense of pity I have - if the guy (or girl) is genuinely a fan then to be so constantly down, sniping and critical must be such a miserable existence hey?  To always see the negatives in everything? Even if (s)he wants better for his/her club as has been suggested can't (s)he see at least see that where we are today is considerably better than where we could have been 2 years on from Mansfield.  Yes, we're miles behind City and their Billionaire sugardaddy in terms of infrastructure and finance - most FL clubs don't have the benefit of that circumstance like City do..  But what does (s)he expect? 

Yes, continue to challenge and question.  Absolutely.  But a true fan would also hold their hand up and say 'fair-do's, after Mansfield and Higgs' cock-ups with Sainsbury's I'm relatively happy where we are and that the club is not in short term risk of administration.  They're no fan at all.  I'm calling it here.  Why they would "pretend" to be on a rival fans forum is genuinely beyond me!

Haha you lost at billionaire sugar daddy!

• Like 1

i want cardiff to win, they are the lesser of two evils and the manager not deemed good enough for the gase would get one over his former club, I then want us to draw them in the next round only for them to be thrown out giving us a bye to the 3rd round

• Admin

They think it can't be made pay on the day because that will allow Cardiff fans to buy tickets joining them in the away end once the Cardiff stands are sold out.

1) It's the League Cup First Round

2)They're Bristol Rovers, not Man Utd

3) There won't be any space for Cardiff in the away end once all the "Faithful and True" supporters are in there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bert tann said:

I wasn’t going to post on here today because I realize that lampooning Rovers to get a serious point of view into the public arena is not something which is popular with everyone and can maybe get a bit stale. In fact ( better I say it before anyone else does) should a City fan go on a Rovers forum and write in the style I do he or she wouldn’t be very popular here.

But I do feel Danny, Phil and the flea should have a response.

It’s not the South West Stand which is the problem nor the canopy, the Facebook likes or any of the other mind numbing stuff which comes out of Rovers. It is the boasting about and drawing attention to our weak points which niggles me. We shouldn’t be serving these things up on a plate to our detractors. Just as Nicholas used to open his mouth and present countless gifts to our rivals Wael is allowing the same to happen now. Only today Darrell is quoted as saying “it’s not if it’s when” about new signings which is exactly the phrase Nicholas used about his ill fated stadium dream. Doesn’t anyone at Rovers think about these things ?

I know there is a hard core of fans who will see no wrong in anything Rovers do no matter how absurd it is. But equally I’m convinced there is a quiet majority who cringe about the amateurish approach just as I do. The perception of Rovers as a cheap rag bag club is being allowed to continues and the effect is two fold. Firstly, if results start to go the wrong way many fans will have had their confidence damaged by these self inflicted wounds and so will turn their discontent on the team and manager much more quickly than they would otherwise be expected to. Secondly, the lackluster view of Rovers in the wider community will remain unchanged and so, in the longer term, persuading new fans to become associated with our club will be much more difficult than it should be.

If you are looking for something positive then I suggest we stop making ourselves look ridiculous by boasting about putting hand dryers in the ladies toilets and try something like this :  

• Find a good cause in North Bristol with which a genuine connection can be made
  • One with which our owner, staff and supporters can feel a genuine affinity
  • Use professional help to explore possibilities of involvement with that good cause
  • Find how a Rovers connection can make a positive impact on that good cause
  • In conjunction with the good cause prepare a long term plan for co-operation
  • Make a commitment in cash and man hours to implement that plan
  • Make sure the Club President takes a personal interest in the venture
  •  Use a professional agency to publicise the association between Rovers and the good cause
  • Hire an A list celebrity for the opening launch to ensure maximum media exposure
  • Allocate competent management to oversee the long term development of the relationship with the good cause
  • Ensure adequate involvement of the owner, staff and supporters in the continuing relationship with the good cause
  • Make sure the publicity regarding the relationship with the good cause is imaginative, sustained and of high quality
  • Demonstrate to sports fans across the whole of Bristol that our President’s February 2016 commitment to promote Rovers active participation in the community is being fulfilled.   

You better put yourself forward as director. Top post , lots of sense .

Why are you wasting your life with that bunch when you could be wasting your life at A higher level with us ?

• Like 4

On 9 August 2016 at 13:43, Philgas said:

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !! I don't care if it's a tent .. it's cover and extra seating !!

When will the Gas evolve into single celled organisms? At the moment they are some sort of bacterial slime??

Edited by Murraysrightplum

On 9 August 2016 at 13:40, Philgas said:

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !!

What I can't believe Phil is that you are so typical of most gas heads. You have your head buried so deeply in the sand it's unreal. You seem to believe all the crap that's being spouted about evolution not revolution etc etc.   It's appears common knowledge now to most sensible people that wally has no money to speak of , in football terms anyway.  Personally I think Higgs done him like a kipper. Ask yourself, if he was so rich why buy rovers instead of the likes of villa or Leeds or forest ? Why did Gillingham turn him down. Why the hell would he buy the club before the court appeal with sainsburys ? . It doesn't add up to be honest. Lastly why tart up the memorial ground if a new ground was  2,3 or even 4 years away from completion . Like I said , it doesn't make sense. 

• Like 4

Please, please, please can these lot beat Cardiff on Thursday (not impossible) and please, please let us play them in the second round at the gate.

Let's show these lot what a real owner with real money can achieve with regards to the building of a new stadium.

Little Lee, play a strong team. It doesn't matter how many facebook likes you get, who gives a **** about that. Let's put 3 or 4 past them and remind them of their place in Bristol football on and off the pitch 

Edited by daored
  • Like 2