IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Give us some credit .. jeez 

Absolute screamer of a goal to win it, I'll give you that. But I can't think of anything positive to say about your performance other than that. You looked like a really poor side with very little technical quality. As for Cardiff, they looked like they couldn't give two hoots.

Edited by Kim_il_sung

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Absolute screamer of a goal to win it, I'll give you that. But I can't think of anything positive to say about your performance other than that. You looked like a really poor side. As to be fair, did Cardiff though I'd imagine they rested some players.

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Congratulations.

The game plan was ugly but it paid off .. Frustrating for any nuetral fan .. and not a good watch but for us it was great .. 

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

The game plan was ugly but it paid off .. Frustrating for any nuetral fan .. and not a good watch but for us it was great .. 

For us mere plebs with no understanding of the great and wonderful Rovers, what was this gameplan? Dull Cardiff into submission? Did they go toe to toe and lose due to lack of experience?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Whilst this is not aimed at you but why is it when ever there's a bad performance some fans call it an ugly game plan? Did DC really say come on lads if you go out there and run into aimless corridors, misplace passes and make sure your first touch is a five yard rebound we will frustrate them and win? The game plan was not ugly, the competency of the footballers was what was ugly. 

Congrstulations on the win. Commiserations it took 120 minutes to beat that shambolic Cardiff performance. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Philgas said:

It was a fantastic strike to win any match and if only you could hold more than just  4000 without additional tent pegs, more Gasheads would have seen it. 

I reckon you need a new venue, ideally  one with all satellite TV channels available, no horses, and room for the floating 20,000 Indonesians on Facebook.

BTW Wael has been asking for credit for weeks. All the banks have refused so far. 

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Decent goal.

Let's be fair however Philgas. You are Bristol Rovers. We are Bristol City. We are kind of rivals. 

Is this the place in whole of Chrisenden you would come if you are after praise for winning a game?

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is that what Wael says when he visits the bank?

I didn't watch the game but I'm informed Gasheads were doing a sponsored silence for the entire event...hope you raised plenty of cash.

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

It was a fantastic strike to win any match and if only you could hold more than just  4000 without additional tent pegs, more Gasheads would have seen it. 

I reckon you need a new venue, ideally  one with all satellite TV channels available, no horses, and room for the floating 20,000 Indonesians on Facebook.

BTW Wael has been asking for credit for weeks. All the banks have refused so far. 

15 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Whilst this is not aimed at you but why is it when ever there's a bad performance some fans call it an ugly game plan? Did DC really say come on lads if you go out there and run into aimless corridors, misplace passes and make sure your first touch is a five yard rebound we will frustrate them and win? The game plan was not ugly, the competency of the footballers was what was ugly. 

Congrstulations on the win. Commiserations it took 120 minutes to beat that shambolic Cardiff performance. 

16 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

For us mere plebs with no understanding of the great and wonderful Rovers, what was this gameplan? Dull Cardiff into submission? Did they go toe to toe and lose due to lack of experience?

Christ alive we won .. end of .. it wasn't a premiership team ..  similar results you've won some of them not great games but getting the result is what counts .. night all 

• Like 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Olé said:

Curiously he comes from a family who own their own bank.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

This result obviously proves we are the next Barcelona. I will confess to feeling slightly pissed and am looking forward to a day out in London. I went to Scunthorpe on Saturday , so if any of you want advice on pubs let me know.

How did you get on in Scunny, by the way?

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Christ alive we won .. end of .. it wasn't a premiership team ..  similar results you've won some of them not great games but getting the result is what counts .. night all 

Congrats. So now you can go to Chelsea and "see what happens".

Disappointed with your attendance tonight, Philip?

Heres some comedy gold from facebook in case anybody requires any bed time reading. They all have their tails up tonight. Bless. Night all.

" Yeah and Rovers just got bought out by the Al Qadis, which have made Rovers more financially stable then they have been in years, plus Rovers are planning on building a new stadium. Attract quality players, like Dwight Gayle you mean? You tried to splash the cash but he didn't want to come. Mainly the players you had splashed the cash on have been rejects of their former clubs, Brownhill, O'Neil, Tomlin, Challis, Lyons-Foster, Omofe, Lucic and Magnusson. O'Dowda's the only real decent signing you've picked up, proven ability to attract quality players, what a joke!"

. We're not going to buy the league, we're buying to cement our place in League 1, look how well we played against Scunthorpe, granted we were sloppy with possession but when we had the ball they could hardly handle us, we were unlucky to lose, and this is one of the best teams in League 1. I'd rather have a great team and cement our place in the league with great signings and not spend so much rather than spend a ton on a bunch of rejects who you only think are good because of the club they used to play for.  

It was only 2 seasons ago but thanks to consecutive promotions we're on the rise again. Oh ok u must of forgot about them billionaire Jordanians that bought us then? Fair doo's. U must be tired go to bed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Heres some comedy gold from facebook in case anybody requires any bed time reading. They all have their tails up tonight. Bless. Night all.

" Yeah and Rovers just got bought out by the Al Qadis, which have made Rovers more financially stable then they have been in years, plus Rovers are planning on building a new stadium. Attract quality players, like Dwight Gayle you mean? You tried to splash the cash but he didn't want to come. Mainly the players you had splashed the cash on have been rejects of their former clubs, Brownhill, O'Neil, Tomlin, Challis, Lyons-Foster, Omofe, Lucic and Magnusson. O'Dowda's the only real decent signing you've picked up, proven ability to attract quality players, what a joke!"

. We're not going to buy the league, we're buying to cement our place in League 1, look how well we played against Scunthorpe, granted we were sloppy with possession but when we had the ball they could hardly handle us, we were unlucky to lose, and this is one of the best teams in League 1. I'd rather have a great team and cement our place in the league with great signings and not spend so much rather than spend a ton on a bunch of rejects who you only think are good because of the club they used to play for.  

It was only 2 seasons ago but thanks to consecutive promotions we're on the rise again. Oh ok u must of forgot about them billionaire Jordanians that bought us then? Fair doo's. U must be tired go to bed

Deary me.. There is some sort of sickness in that fanbase i swear, how any one group of people can be so deluded really has always baffled me! Just seeing them facilities on TV tonight (or complete lack of should i say) really hit home to me what a dire little tin pot club they are.. What are the al qaeda brigade they have at the helm even doing for that stadium pipe dream anyway.. Fo0k all. They will be playing in that shithole for years yet I gurantee.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Funny that, they couldn't of looked any worse on telly if they tried, awful stadium which was nearly 3/4 empty, dire football, plus there was more atmosphere on the moon. Some people are easily pleased though.

Edited by Iron Man

5 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

"Unlucky to lose" was the clincher for me. The opposition scored 3, they scored 1. I don't think you can play the luck card when you've lost by two clear goals.

Talking about their "great team" and "great signings" while refusing to give any credit for the quality we have added this summer was also pretty special.

He also talked about "cementing" a place in the league....I'd say "peg down" would be more appropriate.

Edited by ChippenhamRed

Terrible game won by a very good goal, Cardiff were woeful especially. 

Let them enjoy their trip to Stamford Bridge, reckon they deserve one decent day out. 

We'll just have to console ourselves with trips to  places like Villa Park, Elland Road, St James Park, Molineux and er the Pirelli Stadium week in week out. 

• Like 2