IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

and it was the evil post that called him a billionaire etc ..

we don't matter to you so why get rattled about it

Phil, it WAS your fans that started it, not all of them...but a large number. Gasheads like Miah, In the Net and Bert Tann who clearly have more brains were pretty level headed when Wael came along but Slagchat and Facebook were awash with your mob telling us how Rovers are now biggest and wealthiest club in Bristol. No wonder we laugh at the unveiling of a new tent whilst our supposedly poorer owner has financed a superb 27k redevelopment. 

If your lot didn't constantly go off in your pants way too early and gloat about things that haven't happened yet there wouldn't be so much for us to take the piss out of. 

....and we're not 'rattled' Phil, we're grateful for the constant gifts. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Spoons said:

And by the way your ground is awful. My 5 year old was asking why there was a tent behind the goal! It's ok I assured her that they are owned by a trillionair who will build them a new stand! Any way will wally be wearing his rovers shirt or his Chelsea shirt for the cup game? 

I've just had a premonition.

He'll be wearing a half and half scarf (before any smart comments, the R*vers half will be the away colour). 

I would put money on this. I wouldn't even put it past him to wear one of those abomination half and half shirts. With his initials on..

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Surely that bloke in the driving seat should be arrested he's got to be pissed right. What a pair 

It's all a bit odd (what isn't with sags - I mean look at them).  Who knows if they have been driving or were about to, or whether they have literally just got into the car to record the video (as they are just sat on the drive), but if that's the case, why is he wearing his seatbelt? Maybe it symbolises the fast and exciting journey the gas were about to go on, starting that day.

Except #evolutionnotrevelution then came along like a red traffic light. :rofl2br:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 29AR said:

I steered clear of this thread and posting a while back because I realised I was one of the more constant posters even though originally I was commenting upon the sainsburys litigation only. But you've got a nibble pal - and I say pal as I like the fact we have other fans posting and respect your views and indeed posts.

But... you talk of good times being in a league we won at a canter and could not wait to get out of. That gets a nibble.

You talk of pride of beating the worst Cardiff performance in a long long time - off the back of being turned over by Scunthorpe. You have a wealthy owner who has yet to show the colour of his money and must acknowledge you have a marquee player that found his way back to you after he was unable to find a better deal elsewhere. That gets a nibble.

You come on here talking of good times and yes,  for you, they may well be. But for us readers you must acknowledge play off promotion from non league and from the basement last day of the season v accrington stanley are pretty futile efforts. Had you stormed both as champs,  made strong signings, done more than a tent and had more than a few thousand v a local rival (when credit to them they turned out in decent number considering a midweek tie v league below and on tele) we might take more heed. But that gets a nubble.

It is a bit like listening to your mate gloating about the worst joke. Just reign it in, you've many, many steps before you impress or threaten. I'm not saying that won't come, but fill your own boots first and don't talk of your own good times as if they'd be our own - those were are dark days for us. 

Enjoy your progress but don't try and impress upon us yet. We are just one league apart, and we could well find ourselves together next year, but we are leagues apart. See our stadium, see our signings, see our squad, see our training facilities, see our academy, see our, well anything. We could have a shocker and be in the same division, you could have a stormer and us be in the same division. But don't give it the big when you're sat in League One on nil points after a game against a team we all hope we start the reserves against. 

I personally have never gloated about us just stating the fact that I don't give a toss about our tent end and our small crowds and no money etc .. he did state from the beginning he would NOT throw money at the club .. and it was the evil post that called him a billionaire etc .. I am one of many GasHeads that are just enjoying better days .. yep there are Gas out there going over the top .. so what ..we don't matter to you so why get rattled about it .. this is a good spell at our club and I for one am happy to be aboard. 

1 minute ago, Philgas said:

I personally have never gloated about us just stating the fact that I don't give a toss about our tent end and our small crowds and no money etc .. he did state from the beginning he would NOT throw money at the club .. and it was the evil post that called him a billionaire etc .. I am one of many GasHeads that are just enjoying better days .. yep there are Gas out there going over the top .. so what ..we don't matter to you so why get rattled about it .. this is a good spell at our club and I for one am happy to be aboard. 

This thread is long enough without you just copying and pasting your posts. And you are still ignoring the fact that the post picked up on Wally's billionaire status from your fellow gasheads in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You're such a big fan of Bristol Rovers it seems you can hardly ever even bear to refer to them by that name.

Gas this, gas that, gasheads blah blah blah.

You seem ashamed to support 'Bristol Rovers' - understandable - and are just fixated with some weird entity/minority cult called 'gas'.

Still, no doubt prevents you feeling too associated with the diabolical football, shitty stolen stadium, and perennial bitter enclave of envy that is Bristol Rovers F.C.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Phil, it WAS your fans that started it, not all of them...but a large number. Gasheads like Miah, In the Net and Bert Tann who clearly have more brains were pretty level headed when Wael came along but Slagchat and Facebook were awash with your mob telling us how Rovers are now biggest and wealthiest club in Bristol. No wonder we laugh at the unveiling of a new tent whilst our supposedly poorer owner has financed a superb 27k redevelopment. 

If your lot didn't constantly go off in your pants way too early and gloat about things that haven't happened yet there wouldn't be so much for us to take the piss out of. 

....and we're not 'rattled' Phil, we're grateful for the constant gifts. 

Well that may be lots of other BRISTOL ROVERS fans but not i .. I am honestly hand on heart happy with how things are going .. easy to please may be but who gives a toss ?? Not me 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We know you haven't Phil and to be honest, your club do deserve some credit for recovering from the worst possible position so quickly. As much it's fun to laugh at you having to struggle out of the Conference, the fact is many other teams have been down there and never recovered. I noticed last night that Stockport lost to FC United of Manchester in the Conference North and was thinking how it is not really that long ago that I was watching the City play them in league 1. Taking the mickey about your promotion only happening in the last minutes of last season is also like moaning about a 93 minute winner in a single game, it still counts. Getting back to league 1 so quickly is a huge achievement for your club.

Most of the more sensible commentators on this thread are really just amazed at the gullibility of your fan base, even in this post you say Wael stated from the beginning that he would not throw money at the club, yet at the level that the club is at and with the facilities you have that surely is the only option if you wish to progress. The guy is a part of successful business family and must know this, so the only conclusion can be he doesn't have it to throw. A lot of your fanbase don't seem to have worked this out and still bandy the term "billionaire" around. This is an example of the kind of thing that keeps this thread alive. 

Look at how they swallowed Higgs' "watertight contract" line in the face of so many points from people with legal backgrounds pointing out that Sainsburys wouldn't be turned over easily.

I watch this thread with the same look of bemusement at the antics of your club and fans as I have when watching Rude Tube and thinking "what did you expect to happen when you jumped off a roof into a paddling pool?"

Bert Tann comes on here and understands that, he takes the piss in the same way we do about our own club when they do daft things, like we all do with people we love who do daft things. I thought you understood this too until recently, but your recent posts suggest you need to take a step back, look in from the outside a little and understand what motivates us to post in this thread.

Good post .. I do also take the piss out of who we are and what we've got but bloody proud of how we manage to get by without all the funding etc some of the more fortunate clubs have in place .. you have a majority of sound posters but also have a few which are very bitter .. I come from a family which has it's fair share of city fans and we all have great banter .. they all recognise the fact that yes we've turned things around and are stabilising slowly .. I wish some of you would understand that NO MATTER WHAT shite we get ourselves in I'll still be there supporting Rovers till I die .. I took the piss out of our new canopy and tent and portaloos. . I love it .. yep guessing that's GAS LOGIC  again ... Onwards No Matter What 

13 minutes ago, Philgas said:

I wish some of you would understand that NO MATTER WHAT shite we get ourselves in I'll still be there supporting Rovers till I die .. I took the piss out of our new canopy and tent and portaloos. . I love it .. yep guessing that's GAS LOGIC  again ... Onwards No Matter What 

We do understand Phil, you've basically said the same thing in the vast majority of your 380 posts.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We do understand Phil, you've basically said the same thing in the vast majority of your 380 posts.

It would be nice if you were to add more to the forum, Phil than merely continually reiterate the mantra of your cult. (For once, I wish that predictive txt would incorrectly intervene).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Good post .. I do also take the piss out of who we are and what we've got but bloody proud of how we manage to get by without all the funding etc some of the more fortunate clubs have in place .. you have a majority of sound posters but also have a few which are very bitter .. I come from a family which has it's fair share of city fans and we all have great banter .. they all recognise the fact that yes we've turned things around and are stabilising slowly .. I wish some of you would understand that NO MATTER WHAT shite we get ourselves in I'll still be there supporting Rovers till I die .. I took the piss out of our new canopy and tent and portaloos. . I love it .. yep guessing that's GAS LOGIC  again ... Onwards No Matter What 

The thing is Phil, are we pissed off you struggled your way out of the bananarama - well yes most of us are, are we pissed off that ******* Accrington Stanley lived up to their old 70's advert or how you can lose 13 games in one season and still be automatically promoted - well yes most of us are, are we pissed off that the most complicated cup draw in the history of football fell in your favour (even though it was to apparently to a wonder strike, I wouldn't know I can't bring myself to watch it).

I see where you and several other are coming from, given the at least past 10 years div 1 and Higgs a fading memory is definitely a step forward, I really don't know what the future holds for you lot, but I suspect that in the current climate raising capital for a football stadium that you will not and never fully own is quite a tall order especially with the unknown's that Brexit and the economy in general might hold for such projects is possibly beyond reach, especially given the falling value of the plot that you do own.

I would suspect that yourselves and many gasheads just hope that you can consolidate in the 1st div. a level that is probably about right, if you can consolidate. The Chelsea match will put money in the coffers that will mean that you will probably be able to actually hold on to your one playing asset beyond January, if he wants to stay of course.

As for Wally I remain totally unconvinced, something doesn't smell right to me, but i'm sure time will tell and I wonder how much time most gasheads will allow him and the grand plans.

I for one admire your loyalty, I know how difficult that is from our dark days of the early 80's.

As I have said to you before, I would love to wish you all of the best of luck for the rest of this season, but my late father brought me up to tell the truth however painful and this isn't remotely painful.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Well that may be lots of other BRISTOL ROVERS fans but not i .. I am honestly hand on heart happy with how things are going .. easy to please may be but who gives a toss ?? Not me 

Looking at your crowds in general I can safely say there aren't lots of other Bristol rovers fans

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just listening to some sagheads on about Chelsea away . Quote . They only give us 4000 tickets which is shit we would sell 10000 . Me . U only had 4000 Thursday night . Them **** off shithead were coming for u . Me . Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Don't give the ***** any more credit than they deserve!! Only 3920 of the most loyal and passionate fans in the whole of England could be bothered to turn up for a derby game!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Philgas said:

In fairness, I think whilst most of us have nothing but contempt for Rovers and their infiriority complex, whilst wondering how "cousins" from the same city can be such degenerate morons and all seem to group together to support a second rate (in every way) football club, I think we all respect the fact that you don't follow Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City etc. 

At the end of the day, you are simply a less fortunate, 6 fingered, gullible version of ourselves. 

Good on you! 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We have won three on the trot, we are top of the league, we have an exciting young striker that is topping the goal charts, our next three matches are Norwich, Villa and the Toon, and yet you lot prefer to argue with the other half. This is one of the reasons City will struggle to be a top club, because of all this childish pettiness, focus on this Club, it is truly toe curling to read some of the comments on here. 

We must sound like a load of inbreds to those that happen to look in.

You mean, of course, similar to how Everton take absolutely no notice of Liverpool and Man City entirely ignore Man Utd as though they don't even exist.  Like that then.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, I think whilst most of us have nothing but contempt for Rovers and their infiriority complex, whilst wondering how "cousins" from the same city can be such degenerate morons and all seem to group together to support a second rate (in every way) football club, I think we all respect the fact that you don't follow Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City etc. 

At the end of the day, you are simply a less fortunate, 6 fingered, gullible version of ourselves. 

Good on you! 

BiiiiRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiSSSSTOL 

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We have to get there first, We dont deserve it with this sort of carp going on, support City, forget the Rovers...OBSESSED!! 

I've often wondered if Stoke obsess about Port Vale & vice versa.  It's a similar relationship to us & the Gas as they haven't been in the same league for 15 years or so.  Anyone know?