IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

The only thing more ridiculous than a Rovers fan trawling through a City forum at 6am??

A City forum having an entire thread devoted to Bristol Rovers, with thousands of posts and views......

Needs deleting it's embarrassing.

And you've just added another post, plus several more views by bringing the thread back to the top of the forum. Congratulations.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

The only thing more ridiculous than a Rovers fan trawling through a City forum at 6am??

A City forum having an entire thread devoted to Bristol Rovers, with thousands of posts and views......

Needs deleting it's embarrassing.

You would prefer a new thread every time they do something comically entertatining?  This thread is so big because it covers their descent into non-league, various riots, near bankruptcy, and rescue by a multi multi billionaire who seems strangely reluctant to put any of yer actual "money" into their club.

If football forums were around in 81/82/83 I guarantee there would have been an equivalent huge thread on the gas forums.

If they now settle intoDivision 3 medicority and stability as the Dunfords gave them then the interest level will dip as we will neither be competing with them nor laughing at them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You would prefer a new thread every time they do something comically entertatining?  This thread is so big because it covers their descent into non-league, various riots, near bankruptcy, and rescue by a multi multi billionaire who seems strangely reluctant to put any of yer actual "money" into their club.

If football forums were around in 81/82/83 I guarantee there would have been an equivalent huge thread on the gas forums.

If they now settle intoDivision 3 medicority and stability as the Dunfords gave them then the interest level will dip as we will neither be competing with them nor laughing at them.

Just seems odd to focus so much attention on them.

Personally I couldn't care less about Bristol Rovers, and whether they're owned by a billionaire with loads of cash or a butcher from Winterbourne makes no difference to me.

If you want to get under their skin surely the best way is completely ignore the club even exists, since they're totally irrelevant to everything except a cup game or 2....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That explains why you're up, but making a City Forum a first Port of Call ? We're honoured . We your favourite site/team now ? :thumbsup:

:city:

I read our Facebook forum first then look at you lot to find out what else is going on at Rovers that we've all missed .. and to catchup on the piss taking! !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't think it's ridiculous me trawling through this thread as it's about Rovers so always a good update on what's going on at our club .. if you don't like it don't read about it 

1 minute ago, WestfieldRed said:

Just seems odd to focus so much attention on them.

Personally I couldn't care less about Bristol Rovers, and whether they're owned by a billionaire with loads of cash or a butcher from Winterbourne makes no difference to me.

If you want to get under their skin surely the best way is completely ignore the club even exists, since they're totally irrelevant to everything except a cup game or 2....

That's fine, there's no requirement for you to have any interest in them.

I think you're making a big assumption in saying that people posting on here "want to get under their skin".  Maybe some do but for the majority of posters it's that they have been really damn funny for the last few years and as our local rivals we have an obvious interest.  As has been said many times they tried to take our ground in 1982; you don't forget that in a hurry.

Anybody actually wanting to wind up Rovers fans are better off doing so on their own forums; Kaiser does it one one of them for instance.  If I was a Rovers fan I wouldn't bother keeping an eye on this thread as it's for internal consumption of City fans.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

Not in my experience...the type of Gasheads I like to annoy absolutely ******* hate it when we laugh at them.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Philgas said:

I read our Facebook forum first then look at you lot to find out what else is going on at Rovers that we've all missed .. and to catchup on the piss taking! !

Fair play to you. You read the rubbish on your Facebook group and then come on to here to discover the actual truth in any such story.

Just found this gem on a Rovers Facebook page.

Wish I was able to go to not only the Chelsea game but every time the Gas play. Some people might think I am a part-time supporter ...... Let me explain.....
I went to my first game when I was just six weeks old. My Mum was ill and asked my Dad to miss the footy and look after me but my Pop had different idea. He wrapped me up in his coat and off we went to Eastville. He had the cheek to give me to the tea lady so he could enjoy the game without me crying .
Since then it has always been me and my Dad's special time . As I got older I went with him all over the country and I especially loved our trips to Twerton ( even if this meant I had to walk miles as he refused to pay car parking fees and I had to sit outside pubs in all weather with my soft drink and packet of crisps)

Am surprised social services are not asking a few questions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's fine, there's no requirement for you to have any interest in them.

I think you're making a big assumption in saying that people posting on here "want to get under their skin".  Maybe some do but for the majority of posters it's that they have been really damn funny for the last few years and as our local rivals we have an obvious interest.  As has been said many times they tried to take our ground in 1982; you don't forget that in a hurry.

Anybody actually wanting to wind up Rovers fans are better off doing so on their own forums; Kaiser does it one one of them for instance.  If I was a Rovers fan I wouldn't bother keeping an eye on this thread as it's for internal consumption of City fans.  

The other reason gas fans take an interest in this thread is they actually get closer to the truth on what's going on with the blue few then they do on their own forum,

their forum spend far too much time with their heads buried in the sand and that's why they've got the club they deserve

• Like 7