IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Despite only signing up to this forum in December (a full seven months after the creation of this thread), @Philgas has the second highest post count on this entire thread (and closing very quickly on 1st place)...

I think he wants to be one of us.

I refer you to my a post I made on this topic last week:

"Incidentally, when adding the name @Philgasto the above message, I was given the option to choose between @Philgas and @philgas1who joined in 2004 but hasn't posted since 2012 having made 811 posts. Please don't tell me that this was you and that you've been a member on here for 12 years? If so, it's about time you stumped up you £5 to become an OTIB Supporter, like so many of us have chosen so to do."

Phil subsequently admitted that this was his former account. So he's made more than 1200 posts on here over time ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I refer you to my a post I made on this topic last week:

"Incidentally, when adding the name @Philgasto the above message, I was given the option to choose between @Philgas and @philgas1who joined in 2004 but hasn't posted since 2012 having made 811 posts. Please don't tell me that this was you and that you've been a member on here for 12 years? If so, it's about time you stumped up you £5 to become an OTIB Supporter, like so many of us have chosen so to do."

Phil subsequently admitted that this was his former account. So he's made more than 1200 posts on here over time ...

Hooray .. do I get a medal now ???

11 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Season Ticket holding non-Gas supporters were they?  The tickets didn't get past Priority Group 1 ;-)

An old boss of mine went with his brother and someone else, guarantee he isn't a st holder, never mentioned being a gashead when I used to work with him, was a follower of Liverpool then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

You just don't get it do you ... Chelsea away was an amazing tie for us .. and you don't have to go to every game to be a proper fan ... Cardiff City wasn't really as special as a visit to Stamford Bridge  .. These digs about our attendance all the time are crap...

Hi Phil, you make a very good point here and it's something a lot of your fans either choose not to grasp or are too thick to understand.

Your game against Cardiff wasn't so special, very low gate

Chelsea away, very special....sell out quickly.

We took about 160 to Scunthorpe because the game just wasn't that attractive to the average travelling fan and as Miah correctly points out, had the Gas been in a similar situation the attendance would've also been low.

The more your cabbage brain element try and call our support in general shit based on the away following at a League Cup 2nd round match in Scunthorpe...the more some of us will point out that you managed about 3.5k at home in a morgue-like atmosphere against a supposed local rival. Some of us might even throw in a dig about the fact that our home and away attendances have always been better than Rovers. Your lot do tend to start it mate...it really puzzles me tbh. :blink:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hi Phil, you make a very good point here and it's something a lot of your fans either choose not to grasp or are too thick to understand.

Your game against Cardiff wasn't so special, very low gate

Chelsea away, very special....sell out quickly.

We took about 160 to Scunthorpe because the game just wasn't that attractive to the average travelling fan and as Miah correctly points out, had the Gas been in a similar situation the attendance would've also been low.

The more your cabbage brain element try and call our support in general shit based on the away following at a League Cup 2nd round match in Scunthorpe...the more some of us will point out that you managed about 3.5k at home in a morgue-like atmosphere against a supposed local rival. Some of us might even throw in a dig about the fact that our home and away attendances have always been better than Rovers. Your lot do tend to start it mate...it really puzzles me tbh. :blink:

Looking back it was an odd situation City found themselves in. If, like a lot of fans, you think cup games are all about getting to go to the glamorous clubs and grounds, then Chelsea was the plum tie for any club, if you had to pick the worst possible draw, it would probably be Scunthorpe away.

Anyway, I'm sure it will come back to haunt us if you progress further.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Looking back it was an odd situation City found themselves in. If, like a lot of fans, you think cup games are all about getting to go to the glamorous clubs and grounds, then Chelsea was the plum tie for any club, if you had to pick the worst possible draw, it would probably be Scunthorpe away.

Anyway, I'm sure it will come back to haunt us if you progress further.

It was very odd Miah, with respect to them, a trip to Scunthorpe in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup is a pretty shit draw anyway but to also have the knowledge that it could've been a trip to Chelsea instead made it even more of a shit draw (in many supporters eyes). 

It's a bit like "Let's have a look at what you could've won"

I'm impressed we took as many as we did all things considered :rofl2br:

As you didn't get d1cked, scored a couple and made a decent amount from the gate receipts it's got to go down as a pretty good night for Rovers. 

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I work with a lot of Swindon fans, they are stunned that the 'massive' Bristol R*vers haven't sold out for Saturday.....on saying that, they are looking forward to the Oxford games far more

Another Woodsy work story!! :fastasleep:

27 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It was very odd Miah, with respect to them, a trip to Scunthorpe in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup is a pretty shit draw anyway but to also have the knowledge that it could've been a trip to Chelsea instead made it even more of a shit draw (in many supporters eyes). 

It's a bit like "Let's have a look at what you could've won"

I'm impressed we took as many as we did all things considered :rofl2br:

As you didn't get d1cked, scored a couple and made a decent amount from the gate receipts it's got to go down as a pretty good night for Rovers. 

Yep, I was more than happy with the night. For the first half hour they absolutely tore us to shreds, and when they scored two quick goals I feared the worst, but we actually gave a very good account of ourselves in the end.

Just as well really, as now we are one of the richest clubs in the world we will soon be playing these teams on a regular basis :)

• Like 5