IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's not really a Bristol Post article though, it's a kind of blog like part of the site where fans of Local teams can do articles for the clubs - I am not sure of the criteria you need to present tot he paper to get access / stories printed but we cannot fault Rovers for using the blog section as a PR / club propaganda site... question is really, why some of are more articulate members don't do the same ?!

Ok, fair enough, it does say the article is 'By The Bristol Post' though...

20 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

28 minutes ago, bert tann said:

As the second greatest manager in Rovers history (after Darrell Clarke) I am dumbfounded by the abuse aimed at me on the fans forums and will therefore be boycotting the Swindon game on Saturday. Instead I shall be at the Old Vick Theatre to enjoy Gordon Bennett’s latest play, The Sophistry Boys, a brand new chest warming production of that classic western TV series “The Lone Arranger”.

In the opening scene sheriff “Wild Nick” Higgscock disappears through the back door of the Court House as a masked stranger from way out east, The Loan Arranger, gallops into town and immediately starts redecorating the saloon. Meanwhile back at the ranch his faithful sidekick Tonto, played by Stephen Hamster, reveals that the undercarriage is down and the runway lights are on which causes great confusion because aeroplanes won’t be invented for another twenty years. Wigwams spring up everywhere and the natives begin to have reservations so after the bank safe is blown open and found to be empty there is only a muffled surprise (they can’t touch you for it). But when an old fiddler arrives on the evening stagecoach and promissory notes are seen fluttering like confetti down Main Street the whole cast is soon pictured in rapturous celebration at the memorial bordello run by Eve O’Lotion a notorious Irish financial masseuse.

Tickets may be obtained online and from a number of convenient outlets across the city but only Bristol Rovers Privilege Club members can queue up outside the Mem for hours on end to find out if there are any seats left.

Blast from the past...I went to school with Gordan Bennett!

He was 6th form ,whilst I was 1st form (I hasten to add).

29 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Time to move the thread into Classics now?

There have been some hilarious moments but they've reverted to being a normal football club again.

Comparing away attendances for cup games doesn't have the same laugh out loud factor as "I bin frew two divorces Geoff...".

This can't be moved into classics as there is much more to come. The last few months with nothing happening is just the lull before the storm. Trust me, I used to be a Boy Scout. Dib dib dib 

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This can't be moved into classics as there is much more to come. The last few months with nothing happening is just the lull before the storm. Trust me, I used to be a Boy Scout. Dib dib dib 

I'm not saying don't talk about them or pretend that there is no rivalry but this enormous thread came about because of some seriously funny stuff.

If they start up again with the comic capers then huge thread time again but with this one always near the top of our board I feel that I know more about them than their own fans do; and I don't want to.

• Like 1

ha ha ha! Come on - really? Do you really want to go there about attendances?

ha ha - bless these funny gas heads they do make I laugh. 4K crawl out from under a rock to visit Stamford bridge and it all starts over again - a good mate of mine is of a gas persuasion and even he admits that a large percentage of the rovers fans are totally deluded. Keep the thread alive - it's good to laugh.

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

As the second greatest manager in Rovers history (after Darrell Clarke) I am dumbfounded by the abuse aimed at me on the fans forums and will therefore be boycotting the Swindon game on Saturday. Instead I shall be at the Old Vick Theatre to enjoy Gordon Bennett’s latest play, The Sophistry Boys, a brand new chest warming production of that classic western TV series “The Lone Arranger”.

In the opening scene sheriff “Wild Nick” Higgscock disappears through the back door of the Court House as a masked stranger from way out east, The Loan Arranger, gallops into town and immediately starts redecorating the saloon. Meanwhile back at the ranch his faithful sidekick Tonto, played by Stephen Hamster, reveals that the undercarriage is down and the runway lights are on which causes great confusion because aeroplanes won’t be invented for another twenty years. Wigwams spring up everywhere and the natives begin to have reservations so after the bank safe is blown open and found to be empty there is only a muffled surprise (they can’t touch you for it). But when an old fiddler arrives on the evening stagecoach and promissory notes are seen fluttering like confetti down Main Street the whole cast is soon pictured in rapturous celebration at the memorial bordello run by Eve O’Lotion a notorious Irish financial masseuse.

Tickets may be obtained online and from a number of convenient outlets across the city but only Bristol Rovers Privilege Club members can queue up outside the Mem for hours on end to find out if there are any seats left.

Said like the true Rovers fan you clearly aren't :facepalm: (as I've said before).  If anyone else on here can't clearly see that those are the words of a City fan 'pretending' to be a Rovers fan then they're obviously deluded.  As I've said before - not ONE positive thing EVER comes out of your ramblings anout the Rovers and it's so transparent you're not who you pretend to be.

You may fool many on here but not me my City supporting friend .. :mf_sleep:

5 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Said like the true Rovers fan you clearly aren't :facepalm: (as I've said before).  If anyone else on here can't clearly see that those are the words of a City fan 'pretending' to be a Rovers fan then they're obviously deluded.  As I've said before - not ONE positive thing EVER comes out of your ramblings anout the Rovers and it's so transparent you're not who you pretend to be.

Prancing Fanny....jump in the cut.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There have been some hilarious moments but they've reverted to being a normal football club again.

Comparing away attendances for cup games doesn't have the same laugh out loud factor as "I bin frew two divorces Geoff...".

A normal football club? You've shattered my illusions now. I thought they were special.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Genuine question, why did you lot boycott the league cup game with Scunny?

Genuine question - any reason you couldn't sell out your massive cup tie away at Chelsea? Check out the empty seats on videos and pics here:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/6-photos-that-prove-why-bristol-rovers-8217-fans-really-do-give-the-best-support/story-29651880-detail/story.html

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

15 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Purely out of interest are you calling him a City fan because he dare criticise the 'fantastically well ran' club known as Bristol Rovers?

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It won't be long before the truth finally comes out in the open about weal hamer and the uwe, hang in there another pipe dream will be inbound soon

and those muppets will buy it hook like and sinker like they did under dunceford and piggs 

they have eave the club they deserve wez proves that while he's busy with his head buried in the sand Bert asks the correct questions and gets labelled a city fan for it,

thats why why they will be forever tin pot

for ***** sake, my ******* dad is bigger, better, harder and better looking than your ******* dad, and as for our ma, she's a ravishing beauty that stops traffic if she walks down the high street, me ******* dog is unbeaten and my cat is a****, we live in a ******* mansion and you ***** dwell in a ******* hovel......next !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weezord said:

Genuine question, why did you lot boycott the league cup game with Scunny?

Bit difficult and expensive to go to every game what with it being sandwiched Inbetween Newcastle and Aston Villa. 

Still, I'm sure you're more than aware of that with rovers being in a similar situation with Southend and then Swindon.....oh well

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

One of our strengths used to be the ability to laugh at ourselves.

Another was the ability to use shrewdness in choosing when, where and how we should compete with Bristol City.

Under the Nicholas Higgs regime we blundered from crisis to crisis serving up plenty of ammunition for our foes and becoming identified by the neutral sports fans in Bristol, whom we will need on board if we are ever to progress, as a joke of a football club.

We were expecting something different from the new regime.

More professionalism, more investment and a strategic plan setting out a future vision in which we felt included. 

So that we could genuinely stand prowed and gain the true respect and admiration of others instead of having to constantly build ourselves up and slap ourselves on the back at every opportunity no matter how trivial.

What have we got Danny ?   

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

One of our strengths used to be the ability to laugh at ourselves.

Another was the ability to use shrewdness in choosing when, where and how we should compete with Bristol City.

Under the Nicholas Higgs regime we blundered from crisis to crisis serving up plenty of ammunition for our foes and becoming identified by the neutral sports fans in Bristol, whom we will need on board if we are ever to progress, as a joke of a football club.

We were expecting something different from the new regime.

More professionalism, more investment and a strategic plan setting out a future vision in which we felt included. 

So that we could genuinely stand prowed and gain the true respect and admiration of others instead of having to constantly build ourselves up and slap ourselves on the back at every opportunity no matter how trivial.

What have we got Danny ?   

As I've said before -  challenging what a club does and offering constructive criticism is healthy.  Too many fans follow blindly and don't question what is happening.  So I have no problems with a supporter genuinely asking searching questions.  No problems at all.

However, also as I've said before a genuine 'fan' would also balance that criticism and recognise some of the positives that comes out out of the club. You, my friend, constantly come on to the staunchest rivals site and constantly sneer, snipe and criticise everything and everything related to the Gas.  As far as I'm aware you don't post on any of the Rovers forums (the club you're supposed to support) as I don't recognise your style there but I'm happy to be corrected if I am mistaken about that. 

Did you post anything positive after promotion back from the Conference? No.

When the Al Qadi's took over and removed the immediate danger of administration? No.

When the club were promoted from L2? No.

As I said the other day, compared to where we could have been 2 years after Mansfield to where we are today, even the most critical supporter would recognise we're in a much better place.

Yes, there's a long way to go. Yes, the Al Qadi's still have a lot to prove BUT your constant sneering and even the use of the word 'Prowed' above (that ONE fan used - Christ if you want me to point out all the spelling and grammatical mistakes on this forum I'd be here all day!) proves to me exactly what you are.  

You know it, I know it.  Most others deep down know I'm right too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As I've said before -  challenging what a club does and offering constructive criticism is healthy.  Too many fans follow blindly and don't question what is happening.  So I have no problems with a supporter genuinely asking searching questions.  No problems at all.

However, also as I've said before a genuine 'fan' would also balance that criticism and recognise some of the positives that comes out out of the club. You, my friend, constantly come on to the staunchest rivals site and constantly sneer, snipe and criticise everything and everything related to the Gas.  As far as I'm aware you don't post on any of the Rovers forums (the club you're supposed to support) as I don't recognise your style there but I'm happy to be corrected if I am mistaken about that. 

Did you post anything positive after promotion back from the Conference? No.

When the Al Qadi's took over and removed the immediate danger of administration? No.

When the club were promoted from L2? No.

As I said the other day, compared to where we could have been 2 years after Mansfield to where we are today, even the most critical supporter would recognise we're in a much better place.

Yes, there's a long way to go. Yes, the Al Qadi's still have a lot to prove BUT your constant sneering and even the use of the word 'Prowed' above (that ONE fan used - Christ if you want me to point out all the spelling and grammatical mistakes on this forum I'd be here all day!) proves to me exactly what you are.  

You know it, I know it.  Most others deep down know I'm right too.

Screenshot_2016-08-26-19-41-48.png