IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Purely out of interest are you calling him a City fan because he dare criticise the 'fantastically well ran' club known as Bristol Rovers?

No I'm calling him (or her) a City fan because there is absolutely NO balance in their arguments at all.  For a "supporter" to NEVER have anything uplifting or positive to say to counterbalance the constant criticism is wholly unbalanced. 

There's lots wrong with the club I love, I know that and recognise that.  But any genuine supporter would be pleased to have had 2 successive promotions and the immediate prospect of administration removed after the depths of non-league. And also the small off-field improvements that have happened around the club recently (nutrition, fitness coaches, overnight stays ahead of away games etc).  They may not yet be the long term large scale infrastructural improvements to make us a top class club but every little helps. 

Not our Bert though.  No everything is constantly sh*t. 

So I'm calling BULLS**T on him/her being a Rovers fan.  Either that or a wholly miserable individual that finds absolutely no joy in anything - and what a depressing existence THAT must be :fear:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

No I'm calling him (or her) a City fan because there is absolutely NO balance in their arguments at all.  For a "supporter" to NEVER have anything uplifting or positive to say to counterbalance the constant criticism is wholly unbalanced. 

There's lots wrong with the club I love, I know that and recognise that.  But any genuine supporter would be pleased to have had 2 successive promotions and the immediate prospect of administration removed after the depths of non-league. And also the small off-field improvements that have happened around the club recently (nutrition, fitness coaches, overnight stays ahead of away games etc).  They may not yet be the long term large scale infrastructural improvements to make us a top class club but every little helps. 

Not our Bert though.  No everything is constantly sh*t. 

So I'm calling BULLS**T on him/her being a Rovers fan.  Either that or a wholly miserable individual that finds absolutely no joy in anything - and what a depressing existence THAT must be :fear:

Can you not see the irony of this post Mr Pompey.? :rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

It won't be long before the truth finally comes out in the open about weal hamer and the uwe, hang in there another pipe dream will be inbound soon

and those muppets will buy it hook like and sinker like they did under dunceford and piggs 

they have eave the club they deserve wez proves that while he's busy with his head buried in the sand Bert asks the correct questions and gets labelled a city fan for it,

thats why why they will be forever tin pot

Yes absolutely.

I'm not Ten Minutes of Rough telling people to stop it.  Just that nothing of real interest to us is happening now so people are being drawn into the "count the away attendance" level of schoolboy point scoring.  If it isn't worth a new thread then why descend to it on this one?  I read the thread precisely to see if anything comes out about their Chairman and UWE but that's all buried in the trivia swamp.

Could be worse I suppose, people might start making "hilarious" puns.

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

I thought you Gasheads were supposed to have a good sense of humour whilst not taking yourselves too seriously, you and the d1ckheads on Slagchat sound like a right bunch of precious crybabies moaning about a bit of self deprecating humour from one of your own.

:sad26::facepalm:

It's better than cringing at the lame banter and 'ticktocking' from prats like Weasel who didn't even have the guts to say he was a Gashead when he started posting.

Who did you pretend to support when you started Danny?

Edit: I've just noticed that Philgas has actually signed up to Gaschat to plead with his fellow Gasheads to believe him when he says that he's not a City fan...what ******* paranoid idiots you really are :rofl2br:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

These really are genuine questions to any posters who wish to consider them reasonably.

If someone like the equivalent of Bert Tann posted regularly on Gaschat, taking the position of being a City fan, assuming of course they were allowed to do that, and consistently criticised Bristol City, having special bile for Bristol Sport and without ever a word of praise for anything positive like a promotion or a new manager, how would you feel about it?

As on here, no doubt "Alan Dicks" or whatever he might call himself, would get loads of likes from Rovers fans, and congratulations for seeing the truth about how rotten the club really are, or at least as he portrays the club. 

You would read this on Gaschat and come to the conclusion that the bloke is a total shyster, wouldn't you?  You wouldn't take a word he says about being a City fan with any credibility, would you? 

Would you?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

These really are genuine questions to any posters who wish to consider them reasonably.

If someone like the equivalent of Bert Tann posted regularly on Gaschat, taking the position of being a City fan, assuming of course they were allowed to do that, and consistently criticised Bristol City, having special bile for Bristol Sport and without ever a word of praise for anything positive like a promotion or a new manager, how would you feel about it?

As on here, no doubt "Alan Dicks" or whatever he might call himself, would get loads of likes from Rovers fans, and congratulations for seeing the truth about how rotten the club really are, or at least as he portrays the club. 

You would read this on Gaschat and come to the conclusion that the bloke is a total shyster, wouldn't you?  You wouldn't take a word he says about being a City fan with any credibility, would you? 

Would you?

Always thought he was City, I thought that was a given.But I like his humerus posts and seems to be from my generation !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As I've said before -  challenging what a club does and offering constructive criticism is healthy.  Too many fans follow blindly and don't question what is happening.  So I have no problems with a supporter genuinely asking searching questions.  No problems at all.

However, also as I've said before a genuine 'fan' would also balance that criticism and recognise some of the positives that comes out out of the club. You, my friend, constantly come on to the staunchest rivals site and constantly sneer, snipe and criticise everything and everything related to the Gas.  As far as I'm aware you don't post on any of the Rovers forums (the club you're supposed to support) as I don't recognise your style there but I'm happy to be corrected if I am mistaken about that. 

Did you post anything positive after promotion back from the Conference? No.

When the Al Qadi's took over and removed the immediate danger of administration? No.

When the club were promoted from L2? No.

As I said the other day, compared to where we could have been 2 years after Mansfield to where we are today, even the most critical supporter would recognise we're in a much better place.

Yes, there's a long way to go. Yes, the Al Qadi's still have a lot to prove BUT your constant sneering and even the use of the word 'Prowed' above (that ONE fan used - Christ if you want me to point out all the spelling and grammatical mistakes on this forum I'd be here all day!) proves to me exactly what you are.  

You know it, I know it.  Most others deep down know I'm right too.

I'm sorry if my postings cause you distress but I have to say that criticism, questioning and lampooning are a part of our history.

The term "Gasheads" is a relatively recent one and unfortunately, despite the many excellent qualities in our support base, has also come to signify passivity, self obsession and an unwillingness to confront harsh truths. When we were simply Rovers or the Pirates it was home supporters who used to sing "send Bert Tann to Vietnam" and I've had many heated arguments with  genuine fans who were angry that the money used to build the North Stand at Eastville in 1959 was not spent on the team. Since "Gasheads"  was coined for us by the reds we have hardly become a better football club.  But nowadays, as you say and Nicholas once said, challenging the club and offering constructive criticism is deemed healthy. That is unless someone actually tries to do it in which case they must be a City fan.

In terms of professionalism, communication, investment and having a strategic plan which is visible to supporters I can't see much difference between Nicholas and the new regime. My "lone arranger" skit was focusing on the likelihood that they are preparing to take on massive debts which will dwarf Nicholas's little MSP loan and yet everyone is clapping and cheering as if there is no tomorrow.

Shouldn't someone be asking about this ?

Or do we carry on with "he's a Gashead, he is a successful businessman, he knows what's best", like we did before ?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Would you?

But, as you allude to in the first paragraph, he would likely be banned before writing anything remotely entertaining. However, if he did get to write equally entertaining posts, I'm sure that most would take him at face value and laugh along, however some of the less level headed with less abilty  to recognise humour, might react like you lot. Shame we'll never know really as you wont allow interaction with us on slagchat.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Would you?

1) 99% of City fans are banned instantly on Gaschat, presumably because despite all the shit promises about how we should be really worried about Rovers you are the ones that feel threatened because you know that you have nothing on us apart from a quirky kit...as if that's really important. :clap:

2) Most City fans would be asking the same questions of our club that Bert is asking of his. Maybe that's one of the reasons why we've never suffered the humiliation of falling out of the entire league. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

You may fool many on here but not me my City supporting friend .. :mf_sleep:

Bert Tann is the only decent gashead on here, plus he has a sense of humour, so little wonder you don't think he's one of yours.

Once he starts displaying signs of severe paranoia and he prattles on about attendances, despite some serious failings in that department, then maybe he'll get the recognition he deserves from you as the gashead he is.

Give me ten Bert Tann's over one Prancing Fanny. Don't take that as your cue to talk about attendances mind. Although seeing as you were going to mention it, we sold out Swindon last time we were there, and the time before, but Rovers haven't. Strange.....

1 minute ago, redfred said:

Bert Tann is the only decent gashead on here, plus he has a sense of humour, so little wonder you don't think he's one of yours.

Once he starts displaying signs of severe paranoia and he prattles on about attendances, despite some serious failings in that department, then maybe he'll get the recognition he deserves from you as the gashead he is.

Give me ten Bert Tann's over one Prancing Fanny. Don't take that as your cue to talk about attendances mind. Although seeing as you were going to mention it, we sold out Swindon last time we were there, and the time before, but Rovers haven't. Strange.....

Bit unfair on Miah and In the Net, they`re both good value but I take your point. As for that clown weasel or whatever the Pompey fan calls himself........

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I'm sorry if my postings cause you distress but I have to say that criticism, questioning and lampooning are a part of our history.

The term "Gasheads" is a relatively recent one and unfortunately, despite the many excellent qualities in our support base, has also come to signify passivity, self obsession and an unwillingness to confront harsh truths. When we were simply Rovers or the Pirates it was home supporters who used to sing "send Bert Tann to Vietnam" and I've had many heated arguments with  genuine fans who were angry that the money used to build the North Stand at Eastville in 1959 was not spent on the team. Since "Gasheads"  was coined for us by the reds we have hardly become a better football club.  But nowadays, as you say and Nicholas once said, challenging the club and offering constructive criticism is deemed healthy. That is unless someone actually tries to do it in which case they must be a City fan.

In terms of professionalism, communication, investment and having a strategic plan which is visible to supporters I can't see much difference between Nicholas and the new regime. My "lone arranger" skit was focusing on the likelihood that they are preparing to take on massive debts which will dwarf Nicholas's little MSP loan and yet everyone is clapping and cheering as if there is no tomorrow.

Shouldn't someone be asking about this ?

Or do we carry on with "he's a Gashead, he is a successful businessman, he knows what's best", like we did before ?

Debate is healthy.  Tell you what, meet you in the bar at the Mem before any of our upcoming league games? 100% genuine offer, not picking a fight, quite the contrary, shake each other's hand and I'll buy you a Thatchers and we can debate how best to both air our concerns and constructively support our team.

As I say, 100% no bullshit, genuine offer.  Next 3 home games Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood.  Drinks on me.  Deal? 

Edited by DancinDannyD
Spelling

49 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Would you?

He couldn't do that because he would be banned on the forum, the reason a lot of your fans are so deluded is that they are in a self feeding loop, anyone not playing to the tune gets banned. It's kinda sad to see tbh

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bit unfair on Miah and In the Net, they`re both good value but I take your point. As for that clown weasel or whatever the Pompey fan calls himself........

Yes, agreed on all points.

All times like this do is reaffirm how fortunate I feel to have been born a City fan. 

6 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Debate is healthy.  Tell you what, meet you in the bar at the Mem before any of our upcoming league games? 100% genuine offer, not picking a fight, quite the contrary, shake each other's hand and I'll buy you a Thatchers and we can debate how best to both air our concerns and constructively support our team.

As I say, 100% no bullshit, genuine offer.  Next 3 home games Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood.  Drinks on me.  Deal? 

You're assuming he can get a ticket, what with your incredible support and everything.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smaller than a flea said:

By the way, I meant to ask how the pies were at Scunthorpe.  Presumably there were no problems with half time queues.

Nearly as good as yours apparrently but they win awards for football related qualities. 

By the way just randomly browsing :

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2010-2011/1/

6000 average attendance last time in league 1? :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Would you?

There's quite a few on there who only have negative stuff to say about us and Bristol Sport. We tend to laugh at them

If it was a city fan then I'd think he was an extremely negative one who looks to poke holes at our regime, but that doesn't mean there are no flaws

Edited by City169

50 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

I would say he's 100 % gas . But because he questions and has a different view to u . You got to call him out . Because you're so paranoid that a fellow saghead can be so critical. I know a few really sound sagheads and they don't think everything is rosy . And they call me a shithead just to make sure u know there proper sags . Grow up Danny and if u don't like what you read . **** off

• Like 2