IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Went out last night with daughter and her new boyfriend.Had a meal then discovered he's a gashead!Didn't realise I was sat with a subform of life till I paid the bill.

Deluded **** praised Rovers new owner and all the cash being spent on UWE..Then this idiot said local derbies in championship next year ffs

What a moron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Then stop quoting me, but you see it is a concern to me that so many lives are being lost to talking bullocks to another Football Club, who btw are no longer non league basement but are Bristol based, some of the hate fueled comments is very indicative of a mindset that is based on no other reasons other than a ridiculous 'tribal' near neighbour conflict that has long disappeared  in a society that has evolved.

Clearly some are still struggling with evolution, this is one reason we won't see top flight football at AG for longer than some would like, it is counter productive negative and very childish, just the sort of attitudes SL is trying to counter.

However I don't expect many to stop and think , merely to carry on regardless, because that is the nature of the beast, it's difficult to actually change behaviour, but it might be a start if the Mods took away their toys.. 

You're right, this thread is the reason that City are not in the Premier League. :rofl2br:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, redfred said:

This massive thread laughing at you.

Rovers are currently 18th in League One (or 62nd in the Premier League, as you will no doubt tell people), yet you have the audacity to come on here and try to take the piss out of City fans.

Just for the record, I have always said that UWE will 100% happen for Rovers, based on my own personal relationship with them. But having seen the plans UWE have not-so-secretly floated out for a large part of the plot of land that the stadium was going in in recent weeks, unless Rovers' plan is to play their games in the corridors of a student block or new business learning base, you can kiss that pipe dream goodbye once and for all.

Chew on that   

Hahahaha !

:laughcont:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would say he's 100 % gas . But because he questions and has a different view to u . You got to call him out . Because you're so paranoid that a fellow saghead can be so critical. I know a few really sound sagheads and they don't think everything is rosy . And they call me a shithead just to make sure u know there proper sags . Grow up Danny and if u don't like what you read . **** off

As someone else said earlier, if someone went regularly onto a Gas forum claiming to be a City fan and constantly sneered and made digs at their own club (City), the board and Bristol Sport and not once showed ANY form of positivity about any promotion or any changes / improvements would you *really* believe (s)he was a City fan? Really!? 

I have no problem with people offering constructive criticism of the club but a "supporter" that still cannot see that some things have improved significantly since Mansfield?  We could have done a Stockport easily.  

A true supporter would be able to identify and acknowledge both the positives AND negatives and offer a balanced objective perspective.  Not Bert though.  Constant one way criticism. 

I said a while ago I first thought old Bert was a casualty of either the Boardroom or Supporters Club split a few years ago - but nothing has changed since regime change.

So either I'm right and (s)he's no Gashead or if (s)he is then I really do pity them for being so bitter and twisted and unable to see absolutely any positives.  Talk about glass half empty and, as I said before, what a miserable existence not to be able to ever get any enjoyment out of watching the team you say you support. 

But sometimes you can misinterpret the written word and my offer of a friendly pint or two, at my expense, still stands.  I'd genuinely be happy to have a decent conversation about what can be done to facilitate change and also positively support our club or if that's a bit heavy, just reminiscing about all of the good times :thumbsup:

Edited by DancinDannyD
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Went out last night with daughter and her new boyfriend.Had a meal then discovered he's a gashead!Didn't realise I was sat with a subform of life till I paid the bill.

Deluded **** praised Rovers new owner and all the cash being spent on UWE..Then this idiot said local derbies in championship next year ffs

What a moron.

Nip it in the bud now m8  , my daughter married one ..:grr:

36 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As someone else said earlier, if someone went regularly onto a Gas forum claiming to be a City fan and constantly sneered and made digs at their own club (City), the board and Bristol Sport and not once showed ANY form of positivity about any promotion or any changes / improvements would you *really* believe (s)he was a City fan? Really!? 

I have no problem with people offering constructive criticism of the club but a "supporter" that still cannot see that some things have improved significantly since Mansfield?  We could have done a Stockport easily.  

A true supporter would be able to identify and acknowledge both the positives AND negatives and offer a balanced objective perspective.  Not Bert though.  Constant one way criticism. 

I said a while ago I first thought old Bert was a casualty of either the Boardroom or Supporters Club split a few years ago - but nothing has changed since regime change.

So either I'm right and (s)he's no Gashead or if (s)he is then I really do pity them for being so bitter and twisted and unable to see absolutely any positives.  Talk about glass half empty and, as I said before, what a miserable existence not to be able to ever get any enjoyment out of watching the team you say you support. 

But sometimes you can misinterpret the written word and my offer of a friendly pint or two, at my expense, still stands.  I'd genuinely be happy to have a decent conversation about what can be done to facilitate change and also positively support our club or if that's a bit heavy, just reminiscing about all of the good times :thumbsup:

If this doesn't work for you in your search for male companionship on OTIB, perhaps try Grindr. :noexp:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

At least Bert has never pretended to be a City fan on here...what about you Danny?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

How many will they get at Home to Reading in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday, or is that going to be a "boycott"

Yep that's exactly what is happening!

So if the Tent Boys make the final that boycott would continue?

Mind you, based on their last turnout at Wembley, it would be difficult to tell

51 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

You obviously have not been on your own forums..... or maybe they are not all true supporters on your forums.

3 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Nor have I as far as I'm aware - but I'm sure you've trawled through my historical posts so g'wan then - show me the evidence 

Ive picked you up on this before Danny, when you first started posting you tried to give the impression you were a City fan saying stuff like "why do OUR fans take the p1ss out of Rovers so much etc".

Fortunately for you I think all those posts were lost when the forum was remodelled last September. Maybe Tomarse can work some magic.

What kind of Gashead would pretend to support City?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ive picked you up on this before Danny, when you first started posting you tried to give the impression you were a City fan saying stuff like "why do OUR fans take the p1ss out of Rovers so much etc".

Fortunately for you I think all those posts were lost when the forum was remodelled last September. Maybe Tomarse can work some magic.

What kind of Gashead would pretend to support City?

I think you're mistaken but will happily offer an apology if proved otherwise.

More to the point why would a City fan pretend to be a Rovers fan on a City forum!? Hmmmm .. :shutup:

Edited by DancinDannyD

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

Then stop quoting me, but you see it is a concern to me that so many lives are being lost to talking bullocks to another Football Club, who btw are no longer non league basement but are Bristol based, some of the hate fueled comments is very indicative of a mindset that is based on no other reasons other than a ridiculous 'tribal' near neighbour conflict that has long disappeared  in a society that has evolved.

Clearly some are still struggling with evolution, this is one reason we won't see top flight football at AG for longer than some would like, it is counter productive negative and very childish, just the sort of attitudes SL is trying to counter.

However I don't expect many to stop and think , merely to carry on regardless, because that is the nature of the beast, it's difficult to actually change behaviour, but it might be a start if the Mods took away their toys.. 

Expressing opinions on a forum, perish the thought!

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

I think you missing the point Danny. A few of us and maybe even Bert have said several times during this thread, that you have done well to rescue yourselves from a dire position. The pisstaking is aimed at the delusion that so many of your fellow fans, have about the status you have and the continued assertion of what your current finances will mean for your future.

The facts fall so far short of the reality it is almost like a form of mass hypnosis, and we and fans like Bert are bemused and amused by it in equal measure.

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

I think you're mistaken but will happily offer an apology if proved otherwise.

More to the point why would a City fan pretend to be a Rovers fan on a City forum!? Hmmmm .. :shutup:

My best friend is a gashead, like his father and grandfather before him, he was the best man at my wedding 44 years ago.

He is married and lives in some far flung place called Warmley.

He has 3 boys who are all gasheads, they were regulars at home and away but now all 4 of them are now 'lapsed' as attendees, the final straw/lie came with the sale of Lambert.

My friend told all of his sons "if you want an easy life at school and not feel depressed for most of your life, support BCFC and do so with my blessing".

My point is that Bert Tann and to a lesser degree Philgas seem to get that and use it as a defence mechanism and rightly defend the real achievements and question the spin at all junctures because guess what they've heard it all before (water tight case, billionaires etc, etc) and do so with a hint of the Jack Dee type pessimism, Philgas describes it as 'gas logic' and because of my 50 year friendship with my best mate I totally get it.

Let me give you an example, my mate and I attended the gas v Villa probably mid to late 70's (very apt on this day) and if memory serves the gas lost 2 or 3 nil, but what is indelibly engrained in my psyche is Lindsay Parsons the gas left back managed to score an own goal from the edge of his own 18 yard box with a header, without doubt the best own goal I have ever witnessed, whilst all of the gasheads in the North Stand enclosure were crying my mate and I indulged in the phenomenum known as the dying fly whilst laughing uncontrollably and from that moment onwards whatever game we ever attended at whatever level, we jointly awarded our Lindsay Parsons award even at games at AG and still award it when we talk to each other about matches that we have watched.

As Jonny from 2 pints of lager a packet of crisps once said 'let's celebrate our shitess'.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, NeilS said:

One bizzare post this....

Because us troglodytes haven't evolved we wont see top flight football and our own attitudes are holding us back? So taking the mickey out of a rival club which btw happens with fans at every club is gonna deny us a better future. You could say you might as well as invite SL, JL, KD, MA & co. To come on here to and rip it out of the moronic Gas lags who infest this page spouting lies & garbage ffs.

I dont think the clubs future is dictated by us and our attitudes, its down to those men I've mentioned who at this point in time are doing an excellent job. 

Ifa clubs future was down to the mentality of the fans then the Gas lags would be playing in the County League...

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

8 hours ago, roylegalatyeo said:

What a moron.

Didn't the smell give you a clue? 

31 minutes ago, adamski said:

Saw "the family club" support was on top form in Swindle today!    

http://m.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/14709155.Rain_soaked_derby_passes_peacefully_despite_pre_match_scuffles/

Super fans pissed off at half time as they were getting wet:

The Rovers fans, sat in the uncovered Stratton Bank End, had no escape from the weather and many began to head home at the halfway point.

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Saw "the family club" support was on top form in Swindle today!    

http://m.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/14709155.Rain_soaked_derby_passes_peacefully_despite_pre_match_scuffles/

Why oh why did city fans travel to Swindon today? I know it was an early kick off but they wouldn't have got back in time for the Villa game 

• Like 1

What a great day, City beat one of the championships hardest clubs in a Ashton Gate capacity of over 20,000.

Meanwhile, our bottom feeding friends head off to Swindon, unable to sell out their allocation, start a few scuffles, get rained on all day then realise they went through all that trouble to then see the game abandoned.

:)

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

What a great day, City beat one of the championships hardest clubs in a Ashton Gate capacity of over 20,000.

Meanwhile, our bottom feeding friends head off to Swindon, unable to sell out their allocation, start a few scuffles, get rained on all day then realise they went through all that trouble to then see the game abandoned.

:)

Even better....im fairly certain that rules state, if something like 45 or 60 minutes of a game is completed...fans are not eligible for refunds

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Even better....im fairly certain that rules state, if something like 45 or 60 minutes of a game is completed...fans are not eligible for refunds

I think it might be 60 minutes. Swindon would have had a big police bill today, so a bit of a blow if they had to refund money.

On 8/26/2016 at 16:52, DancinDannyD said:

Debate is healthy.  Tell you what, meet you in the bar at the Mem before any of our upcoming league games? 100% genuine offer, not picking a fight, quite the contrary, shake each other's hand and I'll buy you a Thatchers and we can debate how best to both air our concerns and constructively support our team.

As I say, 100% no bullshit, genuine offer.  Next 3 home games Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood.  Drinks on me.  Deal? 

I'm too old Danny why don't you try match.com ?

• Like 17