IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 24/8/2016 at 22:38, Smaller than a flea said:

The first three questions are very good and need answers.

The last is disrespectful. Call him Dopey if you want to be a forum favourite, but we all know he's done a great job at Rovers in the last two years.  Leeds wanted him.  He was sensible enough not to want them.  His tactical changes at Chelski almost rescued the game against the big boys to the point where they had to bring on Hazard and Terry to keep it safe.  And even then they were worried.

DC is a great young manager with a great future, perhaps not with Rovers.  This "Dopey" crap is just that. We might be ragbag Rovers, but we do not have a ragbag manager.  He's the best thing to have happened to us for 20 years.

Ah. The exact same as this was said about Trollope until you all turned on him. 

Oh and that wasn't 20 years ago. Very unlike you lot to exaggerate things.

Whilst I'm here I'd just like to say all this attendance stuff is boring now. You will nnever be able to compete with us on that front so let's let the football do the talking. You were beat by scunny in what was a huge game for you, we totally outplayed them and beat them.

With our reserves.

Mind the gap.

• Like 1

On 26 August 2016 at 23:18, NeilS said:

Your the clown, and the rest of you that trade petty insults two and 'fro, it is embarrassing and now very boring, grow the **** up and get some collective lives...why was this thread not binned Mods? I thought OTIB is for City fans not these pillocks. 

Nob off

On 26 August 2016 at 22:23, Northern Cider Ed said:

How many will they get at Home to Reading in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday, or is that going to be a "boycott"

Didn't they draw Yeovil? They can't possibly boycott a massive local derby, although looking at the crowd, their boycotting seemed to begin at their other derby against Cardiff...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

11 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Very funny but there's already been a Grindr gag Bert ;)

Ok so where do you stand / sit? I'll pop over and say hello.  Seriously.  Just a quick hello, don't worry I don't want to date or have sex or owt.  

100% genuine.  

Trying to out people on Social Media is creepy.... your coming across somewhere between needy and possible physcho atm.

• Like 4

Seems some City fans would prefer Swindon away than Villa at home according to their forum, as they couldn't work out how to queue for a sausage roll properly

We never go to Swindon now as it seems to bring out the morons for some reason. Last time we went several years ago, two so called Gas were fighting each other in the food queue. Why Swindon? I don't know maybe local derby and near. I never see this at home games, like some one else said this isn't the Gas family I know and I am proud of. More like the sheeds perhaps they are?

One of them also feels there should be no open ends at their level of football.  Have they put a bit of tarpaulin over the away end at their hovel now then?

No fans should be stood/sat in "open ends" at this level of football!

I remember getting an absolute soaking (Phillips pen save?) but didn't feel the need to leave at half time and go to a launderette to dry off

16 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Seems some City fans would prefer Swindon away than Villa at home according to their forum, as they couldn't work out how to queue for a sausage roll properly

We never go to Swindon now as it seems to bring out the morons for some reason. Last time we went several years ago, two so called Gas were fighting each other in the food queue. Why Swindon? I don't know maybe local derby and near. I never see this at home games, like some one else said this isn't the Gas family I know and I am proud of. More like the sheeds perhaps they are?

One of them also feels there should be no open ends at their level of football.  Have they put a bit of tarpaulin over the away end at their hovel now then?

I remember getting an absolute soaking (Phillips pen save?) but didn't feel the need to leave at half time and go to a launderette to dry off

Ha, ha. Their very own away section has a sunshine roof if I'm not mistaken.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

Trying to out people on Social Media is creepy.... your coming across somewhere between needy and possible physcho atm.

Really?  For just wanting to say hello to a fellow fan at the game? I did offer a friendly pint which Bert has turned down and I have accepted that.

It's enough to make a lesser person think that Bert isn't really a Rovers fan .. but not me.  I'll let it rest now and leave loyal Rovers supporter Bert in peace to enjoy his games at the Mem :gasmask:

41 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Really?  For just wanting to say hello to a fellow fan at the game? I did offer a friendly pint which Bert has turned down and I have accepted that.

It's enough to make a lesser person think that Bert isn't really a Rovers fan .. but not me.  I'll let it rest now and leave loyal Rovers supporter Bert in peace to enjoy his games at the Mem :gasmask:

I think it's enough to worry about rohipnol in this friendly pint, and then making him walk your gang plank, whilst you keel hole him, whilst your timbers are shivering, you old pirate.

3 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Maybe they thought the empty red seats were City shirts 

Edited by alexukhc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Rovers fan on the facebook page 'Football away days'...just claimed they sold out every away game last season...

Absolute comedy gold :clapping:

I was just going through a few forums, I found this little beauty on a Newcastle forum:yes:

Most teams in the early 80's in the second division had poor away support, in fact they had poor home support. Can remember us playing Bristol Rovers and I don't think there was 10 away fans. Can well remember going to see us play at Gay Meadow Shrewsbury and the official attandance was about 4,900 of which around 800 were from the mags.

Edited by Portland Bill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Have these t**ts sold any of their players fro £14,000,000 yet this week??

:rofl2br:

Uncle TFR

Their best player couldn't find another club this summer and he was available on a free, it's cheaper to buy a player at the Mem than it is to buy a sausage roll. :rofl2br:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bert tann said:

As I say, 100% no bullshit, genuine offer.  Next 3 home games Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood.  Drinks on me.  Deal? 

I'm too old Danny why don't you try match.com ?

Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood, you have come a long way in recent years!

Surely it's more appropriate you two meet at Ashton Gate, as OTIB is your common denominator?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Remember the old days when City used to play clubs like that? Must be 50 years ago.

I think his point was that after all these years you still play clubs like that. You havent really improved as a club and without a new stadium or upgrade of the mem i cant see you progressing. 

We however have stepped up a gear and played much better oppostion 8 out of the last 10 years playing champio ship footy i think?