IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, redfred said:

Following recent jibes from Rovers' fans about our support, tonight just goes to show the true attendance gap between our two clubs: the last Football League Trophy game we played there were 72,000 there, compared to Rovers' attendance tonight of 1,418.....

Edited by RumRed
I'm an idiot

7 minutes ago, redfred said:

Following recent jibes from Rovers' fans about our support, tonight just goes to show the true attendance gap between our two clubs: the last Football League Trophy game we played there were 72,000 there, compared to Rovers' attendance tonight of 1,418.....

That was before the competition was bastardised. Fair play to our city rivals and the fans of other clubs. There is absolutely no comparable here to our turnouts before the competition got ruined - indeed I'd go as far to say the lower the turnout the even more impressive. 

15 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That was before the competition was bastardised. Fair play to our city rivals and the fans of other clubs. There is absolutely no comparable here to our turnouts before the competition got ruined - indeed I'd go as far to say the lower the turnout the even more impressive. 

Totally - need to see the bigger picture here. This competition makes a mockery of the game. 

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

Christ, I didn't realise they were messing with the format like this as well. Shame on anyone who attended, this needs to be stopped this season.

And yet if half the people moaning (not necessarily you) actually turned up to the old JPT this would never have happened.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, redfred said:

I am disappointed there were as many as that, I was hoping for considerably less than 1000,, I actually hope we lose every game in this competition.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, 29AR said:

Seems that a few of you missed my point here. I was making a stupid attendance comparison the same as Rovers did when we played Scunthorpe and they played Chelsea last week.

Never mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I am disappointed there were as many as that, I was hoping for considerably less than 1000,, I actually hope we lose every game in this competition.

Fairplay. But you will always have fans who blindly follow any team and they'll usually come out with some crap like 'It doesn't matter who we play, they are my team and I'll support them'. They are well meaning I suppose but stupid. If every fan refused to attend a game that was priced over £30 it would never happen. But still 1000 ish city fans still went to Wednesday, fueling the problem. 

I can't decide if their result last night was right up there with losing to Bath & Hitchen etc. 

I was going to say Altrincham but then remembered that was a (non) league game and they were entitled to lose against another club at their level, without too much ribbing. 

• Like 2

• Admin
12 hours ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

Oh, I think the boycott has worked and a good thing too...

461 at Wimbledon
392 at Fleetwood
950 at Chesterfield

These are paltry attendances and send out a strong message - hopefully the EFL will have a long, hard think before they further try to wreck the integrity of the pyramid.

EDIT: Swansea's starting XI had squad numbers which added up to 340 more than the total attendance for their game at Wimbledon.

The numbering thing is just nuts !

They had 25, 31, 57, 47, 14, 11, 63, 43, 56, 39, 36 - I bet Marvin Emnes and Franck Tabanu were gutted they were selected 

12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So most under 23 sides lose to experienced league starters, yet Reading win....

Norwich also won 6-1 at Peterborough - that means Adrian Durham will be slating the competition on Talksport later

12 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

It's not even a knockout competition any more? Who knew... :blink:

Three group matches then back to the old format

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was a very enjoyable game it has to be said! How you getting on in your quest for strikers BTW, any irons in the fire? I certainly don`t want you to go down but do fear for you if you don`t get anyone in.

Nothing doing as of yet. Looks like Nathan Byrne off to Wigan and we wanted him :(