IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incredible stuff from the brain dead idiots who frequent that den of stupidity.

Maybe Chelsea loaned us Tammy because they thought our support is superb, Obviously we didn't need to prove it by selling 4k tickets for a glamour cup tie at Stamford Bridge. I expect West Brom were dying to send us players after we took 5k to the Hawthorns in January?

Their apparent satisfaction that Wally is not so quick to put his hand in his pocket is in stark contrast to the shit they were all coming out with when the Al Qadis arrived and they all went into w@nky overdrive about how he was going to splash the cash and bring in quality players to help them overtake us in the league.

Hypocritical morons.

And apparently they love Sir Colin Daniel as much as we do because if it wasn't for him they wouldn't have had such unprecedented success. Back to back promotions. Utter pandemonium at the end of last season because they were up to the dizzy heights of....wait for it....Division 3! Ahaahaaahaaa Ahaahaaahaaa....please stop it Sags I can't take all of these gifts!

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As part of the wider "football family" we should not be celebrating this, regardless of the club involved. It is a disgrace.

Exactly :clap:well said that man (or possibly woman, I don't know!)

Much like those sniggering at our lowest competitive fixture attendance last night the issue at stake is much bigger than a point scoring exercise.

What Swindon are doing is shameful. And I'm proud that such a low turnout happened last night at our, and other EFL Trophy, games as the implications of letting this slip through unchallenged are just too great for our beautiful game.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, DancinDannyD said:

Much like those sniggering at our lowest competitive fixture attendance last night the issue at stake is much bigger than a point scoring exercise.

What Swindon are doing is shameful. And I'm proud that such a low turnout happened last night at our, and other EFL Trophy, games as the implications of letting this slip through unchallenged are just too great for our beautiful game.

Fair play Danny, it`s not often I agree with you but in this case you`re right on both points. I`d like to think we`d have done the same if we were in the trophy.

• Like 2

This is Wally's story ....

http://www.venturemagazine.me/2016/08/buying-into-the-beautiful-game/

"After months of intensive negotiations, al-Qadi eventually beat around 10 other bidders to secure ownership of the club by absorbing its considerable debts. Due to a non-disclosure agreement, he can’t reveal the figures involved, but he insisted his family got a good deal. “You would be amazed at how much value we got,” he said. "

So he didn't pay off the considerable debts .... he just "absorbed" them!

Would we be amazed at the value he got? .... he still had change from a fiver?

3 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Cheers (man)

According to my maths they now have 6 players who are on loan, the three they brought in today, two earlier in the week (Roos and Roberts) and James from Peterborough.

They do realise that you can only include five of them in your squad, do they?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"After months of intensive negotiations, al-Qadi eventually beat around 10 other bidders to secure ownership of the club by absorbing its considerable debts. Due to a non-disclosure agreement, he can’t reveal the figures involved, but he insisted his family got a good deal. “You would be amazed at how much value we got,” he said. "

So the extent of his investment to date is to buy some sarnies for the players:

"As soon as he took over, he set about making simple but important improvements to the way the club was run. He was surprised, for instance, to find no food was being laid on for players after training. So he began organizing catering for them. “If you provide food for the players to eat on the same table, that creates camaraderie and bond for the whole club and gives it meaning,” he said.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incredible stuff from the brain dead idiots who frequent that den of stupidity.

Maybe Chelsea loaned us Tammy because they thought our support is superb, Obviously we didn't need to prove it by selling 4k tickets for a glamour cup tie at Stamford Bridge. I expect West Brom were dying to send us players after we took 5k to the Hawthorns in January?

Their apparent satisfaction that Wally is not so quick to put his hand in his pocket is in stark contrast to the shit they were all coming out with when the Al Qadis arrived and they all went into w@nky overdrive about how he was going to splash the cash and bring in quality players to help them overtake us in the league.

Hypocritical morons.

The only reason we got Odemwingie weren't it? 

3 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

A number of Chelsea fans on Twitter surprised he's gone to L1 and not the championship.

This annoys me about premier league fans, how often do they watch lower league footy? I know Chelsea probably have the best youth system in the country now and had around 40 players out on loan last season, but the championship is a very strong league now!

10 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

That's a bit of a strange comment seeing Tammy Abraham had also not 'done anything' when you signed him.

Anything to have a bitch about us though hey!

Apart from score a ridiculous amount of goals, be the golden boy in the young England set up & be classed as the best youngster at Chelsea in a decade?

8 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

From what I have heard it depends whether the post is on a weekend.. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It probably was good business. Higgs ran out of lines of credit and having a multi million pound asset like the mem is meaning less unless you have a buyer / somewhere to move. So Wael pays of a few million of debt/loans on behalf of Higgs and the club as well as giving Higgs a few million to vanish. Now Wael has a nice asset worth £ ? in the mem, and has stuck all the debts/loans to buy the club in a overseas company that owns Bristol Rovers. 

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, zippycar said:

So the extent of his investment to date is to buy some sarnies for the players:

"As soon as he took over, he set about making simple but important improvements to the way the club was run. He was surprised, for instance, to find no food was being laid on for players after training. So he began organizing catering for them. “If you provide food for the players to eat on the same table, that creates camaraderie and bond for the whole club and gives it meaning,” he said.

47 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It probably was good business. Higgs ran out of lines of credit and having a multi million pound asset like the mem is meaning less unless you have a buyer / somewhere to move. So Wael pays of a few million of debt/loans on behalf of Higgs and the club as well as giving Higgs a few million to vanish. Now Wael has a nice asset worth £ ? in the mem, and has stuck all the debts/loans to buy the club in a overseas company that owns Bristol Rovers. 

Or move the debt from Bristol Rovers FC across to Dwayne Sports ?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

42 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Possibly, will be interesting to see their first years accounts.

Isn't that the sort of thing the Glaziers did?

Buy the club, pay off the debt with money from the club then own the club without risking any personal wealth ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

....blimey, so Dwayne & Dwaynetta have invested some of chavvy 'loadsamoney's stash into a sort of footbally club thingy?

'arry Enfield must be so prowed of 'em .

(meanwhile, the real football club south of the river remain considerably richer than thou.. :) )

15 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

I actually agree with the Dancing one here, what the EFL have done to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is shameful, imagine a final between Reading U 23's and Swansea's reserve team :grr: 

And in response to the £25 ticket for the Swindle re-match, I think the gas board should go one step further and refuse to take any ticket allocation at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

That doesn't mean anything, first team football is a different beast.

Anyway, the 2 we signed are both highly rated as well in their respective positions. Just thought it was a stupid comment considering..

I never said it did? I simply replied to you asking what he'd done (which I presumed you meant what has he done that your signings haven't done).

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

I actually agree with the Dancing one here, what the EFL have done to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is shameful, imagine a final between Reading U 23's and Swansea's reserve team :grr: 

And in response to the £25 ticket for the Swindle re-match, I think the gas board should go one step further and refuse to take any ticket allocation at all.

If the blue few had any sense they wouldn't buy tickets but travel en masse to Swindon.

Millwall used to do it years ago, travel in huge numbers without tickets and the police used to make sure they got in because it was easier to manage them that way.

I'm sure if they were all milling around in the pubs and car park the police would soon get them in the ground. 

'Course, that would require organising. Not their strong suit.