IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the blue few had any sense they wouldn't buy tickets but travel en masse to Swindon.

Millwall used to do it years ago, travel in huge numbers without tickets and the police used to make sure they got in because it was easier to manage them that way.

I'm sure if they were all milling around in the pubs and car park the police would soon get them in the ground. 

'Course, that would require organising. Not their strong suit.

There's too many in their 'faithful and true' band for them to make a stand. 

I'd like to think we'd more than kick up a fuss about something like this. 

Is totally bang out of order and Lee Power knows it. To blame police is ridiculous, if it was just to cover police and staff I doubt it would come to more than £5.

Unless of course he adds his food tab to match day costs, that might be the reason they are charging £25.

Hidious football club.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the blue few had any sense they wouldn't buy tickets but travel en masse to Swindon.

Millwall used to do it years ago, travel in huge numbers without tickets and the police used to make sure they got in because it was easier to manage them that way.

I'm sure if they were all milling around in the pubs and car park the police would soon get them in the ground. 

'Course, that would require organising. Not their strong suit.

Some would argue that could be antagonistic and not in their family club ethos.

If only they had a rich Jordanian benefactor to whom the cost of 1500 (I'm being generous) tickets at £25 a pop was pocket change and he would happily shell out to get the fans there.

If only such a person existed.

If only.

Edited by Silvio Dante
Jordanian not Qatari. Neither exist so why I'm bothering I don't know...

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:01pm aghast, Gas-Ed, and 1 more like this
Post Options

Post by Antonio Fargas on Aug 30, 2016 at 3:01pm

aghast Avatar
Everyone going could at least hit Swindon in the wallet area by making sure they buy all their food and drink outside the ground. That should cost them a few thousand squid.

Yep, there's a handy Sainsbury's not far from the ground.

Rovers fan don't think much of having to pay again re rematch v Swindle. Boycott the ground refreshments but going to Sainsburys (They do have short memories) Having recently getting shafted by Sainsburys. Another gift 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Did everyone miss what that article said? Or am I misreading it? 

To me he kept talking about value and payments they receive. He's in it for the money and the money only.

He will do enough to keep them afloat.for the time being and then eventually asset strip them.

Fingers crossed  .

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Did everyone miss what that article said? Or am I misreading it? 

To me he kept talking about value and payments they receive. He's in it for the money and the money only.

He will do enough to keep them afloat.for the time being and then eventually asset strip them.

Noooooooooooo not flog santa's grotto :gaah:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Shoot away pal,

Thoughts on your best striker wanting away to a rival club in the same division after only a year?

While yours spent 3 months going around with cap in hand only to end up back at the tented village .in the meantime we have brought in around 20 million in transfer fees alone this month. Just close your eyes for a moment and imagine what that is like (you could build a stadium for that sort of money ) now open your eyes and close the door of your caravan you belter.:rofl2br:

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Shoot away pal,

Thoughts on your best striker wanting away to a rival club in the same division after only a year?

Yeah, he wanted to leave to a club that once was champions of Europe, a club that paid vastly more than he is worth, and who we comfortably beat without said player.

My thoughts. Good luck to him.

What are your thoughts on your star player searching for contracts anywhere else he could get one, before coming back?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

20 million in transfer fees yet your best player isn't yours?

The thing is we don't have a single best player.

IMO we have several players who are equally important for different reasons, Abraham being just one of those.

What's even better is they form the spine of the team; Flint, Magnusson, Smith, O'Neil, Tomlin and Tammy.

You could argue Bryan to be one of them too

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Shoot away pal,

Here's my thought's enough money to buy the whole of BRFC PLC, ground, tents, sheds, shipping containers, the whole squad, a Jordanian bank, a fleet of camels (although the squad is full of camels) and still enough for a down payment on UWE with no outside investment needed to help out your billionaire blagger with the nice watch.

Our biggest mistake was not being able to teach him the offside law, perhaps if we had we could have got 30 mil for him, but we'll live with the 15 mil and a 3-1 win without him against his new club and another 20k plus crowd.

That's my thoughts.

PS:- Save up your pocket money for the great county ground rock and roll Swindle volume 2 and I hope it pisses down again.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's my thought's enough money to buy the whole of BRFC PLC, ground, tents, sheds, shipping containers, the whole squad, a Jordanian bank, a fleet of camels (although the squad is full of camels) and still enough for a down payment on UWE with no outside investment needed to help out your billionaire blagger with the nice watch.

Our biggest mistake was not being able to teach him the offside law, perhaps if we had we could have got 30 mil for him, but we'll live with the 15 mil and a 3-1 win without him against his new club and another 20k plus crowd.

That's my thoughts.

PS:- Save up your pocket money for the great county ground rock and roll Swindle volume 2 and I hope it pisses down again.

You missed the B&Q plastic seats.....or doesn't the £20m cover the cost of those?

19 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

This is Wally's story ....

http://www.venturemagazine.me/2016/08/buying-into-the-beautiful-game/

"After months of intensive negotiations, al-Qadi eventually beat around 10 other bidders to secure ownership of the club by absorbing its considerable debts. Due to a non-disclosure agreement, he can’t reveal the figures involved, but he insisted his family got a good deal. “You would be amazed at how much value we got,” he said. "

So he didn't pay off the considerable debts .... he just "absorbed" them!

Would we be amazed at the value he got? .... he still had change from a fiver?

Has anyone noticed that in the photograph used in the article the Memorial Stadium has new blue seats? (To the left of Wally). The stand has also been rebuilt. The photo doesn't look anything like the real world, unless the development has taken place overnight 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You missed the B&Q plastic seats.....or doesn't the £20m cover the cost of those?

I also missed out that whilst we were stuffing the best part of 20 mil into our bank account and several of our players were on international duty, we never lost to a team of Reading's kids at home.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Has anyone noticed that in the photograph used in the article the Memorial Stadium has new blue seats? (To the left of Wally). The stand has also been rebuilt. The photo doesn't look anything like the real world, unless the development has taken place overnight 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So they have edited the photo to make themselves look better :rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I also missed out that whilst we were stuffing the best part of 20 mil into our bank account and several of our players were on international duty, we never lost to a team of Reading's kids at home.

With Matty "Messi" Taylor and plenty of other first teamers on the pitch too....you forgot that!!

10 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I don't want to be seen to stand up for those cretins but my guess is Wally is pictured at Sabadell pre season

yup

Sabadell140910a-300x214.jpg

Sabadell also has an unlikely alliance with English club Bristol Rovers. It started when fans of the respective sides formed a friendship based initially on the fact that both clubs play in blue & white quarters. It now has a more formal footing with fans & officials paying visits to each others clubs, and Rovers will pay a visit to Sabadell for a pre-season friendly in July 2016.