IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

When did we sell tomlin Flint or Bryan?

oh you mean kodja he wasn't even in the top 3 

poor bitter deluded fools get back to camping you gippo's

Tomlin, Flint & GON IMO. Don't mean to correct you.

Edited by Griffin

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Has anyone noticed that in the photograph used in the article the Memorial Stadium has new blue seats? (To the left of Wally). The stand has also been rebuilt. The photo doesn't look anything like the real world, unless the development has taken place overnight 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Holy sh!t, the guys a complete loon.  Who thought that was a good idea?

3 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Shoot away pal,

Thoughts on your best striker wanting away to a rival club in the same division after only a year?

Economics for you don,t work then, as for best striker you are correct, shame he never played for the team, we will miss him, but we got more just waiting to piss you off waiting in the wings, cos you pricks always look for our results before you look at your own........gas logic

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

Economics for you don,t work then, as for best striker you are correct, shame he never played for the team, we will miss him, but we got more just waiting to piss you off waiting in the wings, cos you pricks always look for our results before you look at your own........gas logic

It shows how little ammunition they got for piss taking when they try and use a 15 million pound transfer fee . The green eyed monster does strange things to the head . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Shoot away pal,

Thoughts on your best striker wanting away to a rival club in the same division after only a year?

Thoughts on the headline news on your website being:

"no car boot at the mem this weekend"?

What a complete embarrassment. I hate the gas and yet I'm embarrassed for you. 

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Didnt the Gas lags sell their top striker Jamie Cureton to Reading a divisional rival at the time for peanuts?

And this moron criticises City for selling JK, a very talented yet tactically inept striker for a possible 13M profit... At least 9M so far.

#gaslogic

If I remember he was sold sharpish due to a issue with the chairmans daughter?? 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I understood RBS were calling in the overdraft and they needed cash quick.

Which is why he went on the cheap, Reading has the cash available 

£250,000 I think? Was a bargain as he was being touted at £1million plus!

well a bank calling in an overdraft isn't as exciting as the story I was told !! But think your answer sounds more like the truth !!

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

well a bank calling in an overdraft isn't as exciting as the story I was told !! But think your answer sounds more like the truth !!

Maybe after the chairman's daughter he got jiggy with the offspring of someone from RBS.

Use both. We'll never know the truth.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Hibs I believe offered 1M at the time but the Gas went for the Reading bid which was 250k

#moregaslogic

4 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I don't want to be seen to stand up for those cretins but my guess is Wally is pictured at Sabadell pre season

If so, it's even worse than an edited photo of the Mem. He's pretending someone else's ground is his own. That's like Steve Lansdown having his photo taken at Wembley and saying look at my wonderful investment.  

It's obvious that Wally didn't want anyone to see the real Mem, as it wouldn't fit his story. 

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

1961 was a momentous year which witnessed the Bay of Higgs invasion, the birth of Peter Beardsley and Yuri Gagarin achieving worldwide fame by becoming the first man not to bid for Bristol Rovers Football Club. 

In the city’s northern suburbs the winds of change were certainly beginning to gust after an assistant bank manager, cruising along Stapleton Road looking for value, suddenly found we could satisfy his desire for debt absorption. Taking control of Rovers, and promising everything except revelation, he immediately set about feeding the players and establishing a comprehensive worming and flea treatment programme. Dai Gerbil was appointed Chairman and our match day magazine boldly pronounced “we mean serious business” alongside a photograph of Ken Dodd. But sure enough, after a period of loan consolidation, the football establishment was indeed rocked to it’s foundations by the launch of our infamous No Buy No Buy policy. 

Such an experiment quickly attracted attention from the movers and shakers of English football who were moved and shaken by the concept of running a football club without spending any cash whatsoever. Walter Winterbottom came to me for advice and I suggested thermal underwear. Alf Ramsey asked what I thought of 4-2-4 so I told him it was too expensive. And when Sir Stanley Rous, Alan Hardaker and Jimmy Hill arrived at Eastville determined to discover the secret of our lack of success they were met by a wall of silence which independent experts verified as acoustically sound and in full compliance with local planning regulations so that lorries could deliver 24 hours per day 7 days per week. 

As the 1961/62 season progressed it became clear that other clubs were baffled by our tactics and found it difficult to keep a straight face let alone a straight back four. Some compared us to the famous Hungarian team of the 1950’s but most thought we were more like the goulash of the same period. Our gallant side of has-beens, never-weres and young cockney rascals struggled on helplessly until a final day defeat at Luton Town consigned us to relegation. 

In the ensuing meltdown our No Buy No Buy policy rapidly disappeared down the toilet and, with the stench of failure overwhelming even the pungent fumes from the nearby gas works, speculation mounted that our new owner may be nothing more than the latest in a long line of busted flushes.

To be continued …

Good old Bert, die hard Gashead able to ensure that we can continue to laugh at ourselves ..  :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Thoughts on the headline news on your website being:

"no car boot at the mem this weekend"?

What a complete embarrassment. I hate the gas and yet I'm embarrassed for you. 

Has there been any news on their tweet appeal to help them win £100?

That's got to be worth at least 2 pitches at the car boot?

• Like 1