IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, cynic said:

Aside from the glaring error of Bristol being the largest city outside of London, there's a lot of words but not much substance in that report.

Surprised that a league club didn't have provision for catering for the players........then again,..

Southern Englands second largest city... 

It's very unlike a City fan to misquote or twist the words of anything Rovers related isn't it? :P

28 minutes ago, cynic said:

Aside from the glaring error of Bristol being the largest city outside of London, there's a lot of words but not much substance in that report.

Surprised that a league club didn't have provision for catering for the players........then again,..

"Southern Englands second largest city... 

It's very unlike a City fan to misquote or twist the words of anything Rovers related isn't it?" :P

No, we generally leave you to twist facts all by yourself.

Edited by Son Of Nob
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Southern Englands second largest city... 

It's very unlike a City fan to misquote or twist the words of anything Rovers related isn't it? :P

In all seriousness though, the comment below would raise some (more?) serious red flags.

“If I don’t have Jordanian players in the future playing in Bristol, it means I’m a failure,”

46 minutes ago, Hello said:

http://www.venturemagazine.me/2016/08/buying-into-the-beautiful-game/

Some of you might be interested in picking it a part

“If you compare the football industry curve from the early 90s until now with other industries, football is the only one that’s going upwards,” he said. REALLY ?

Now that Bristol Rovers have reached League One, this figure jumps to $2.5 million.  They get paid in Dollars?

“It’s not about spending cash to buy Ronaldo or Messi. " No shit !

After months of intensive negotiations, al-Qadi eventually beat around 10 other bidders to secure ownership of the club  The other 9 bought raffle tickets !

Due to a non-disclosure agreement, he can’t reveal the figures involved, but he insisted his family got a good deal. “You would be amazed at how much value we got,” he said. They got it for a quid ! (sorry, one dinar) 

But his critics are also likely missing the important wider benefit of having a Jordanian with a significant foothold in what’s probably the richest and most watched football league in the world.  Yeah, League One !! 

25 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

In all seriousness though, the comment below would raise some (more?) serious red flags.

“If I don’t have Jordanian players in the future playing in Bristol, it means I’m a failure,”

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

Also potentiay opens Rovers up to thst market even more

Obviously they need to be deemed good enough but seems perfectly logicsl to me

15 minutes ago, Hello said:

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

Also potentiay opens Rovers up to thst market even more

Obviously they need to be deemed good enough but seems perfectly logicsl to me

What market? 

Here's a list of famous Jordanian footballers....

Great list isn't it? I'm all for development but show me a Jordanian international that doesn't play for a team called Al-something or other. If there was even 1% of talent out there it would of reached European football by now.

Even with investment now it could take decades before it bares any fruit.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not you gashead chimps, that's more like watching the chimps at the zoo so under fed they are having to eat their own shit, everyday.

And they seem perfectly happy to swallow it as well. Carry on you deluded idiots.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

No need, this is like throwing food to the chimps at a zoo and watching them fight over it, although chimps show more intelligence

...well, I suppose it's nice to have a hobby.

So basically you've got nothing to throw back at us then?...just that we have a striker on a season long loan.

Reminds me of the time I asked Weezord to give us his best bit of banter and he replied that the Atyeo Stand wasn't joined up to the rest of the ground. 

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

...well, I suppose it's nice to have a hobby.

So basically you've got nothing to throw back at us then?...just that we have a striker on a season long loan.

Reminds me of the time I asked Weezord to give us his best bit of banter and he replied that the Atyeo Stand wasn't joined up to the rest of the ground. 

:facepalm:

Thats ok Pete, we can just put up some scaffold and tarp that bit across, add a few white plastic patio chairs, voila, you have a top stadium!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Tall King Blox said:

Economics for you don,t work then, as for best striker you are correct, shame he never played for the team, we will miss him, but we got more just waiting to piss you off waiting in the wings, cos you pricks always look for our results before you look at your own........gas logic

To be fair they have to scroll through a lot of proper leagues to get down to whatever piss pot league they play in these days so will always see us first. ALWAYS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

No need, this is like throwing food to the chimps at a zoo and watching them fight over it, although chimps show more intelligence

F*** me,you mean you had to edit THAT ?,the mind boggles.