IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Yes, I initially said chimps had 'a lot more intelligence' but after careful consideration changed it to 'more intelligence'. Credit where it's due.

So, what you're saying is - Chimps are more intelligent than City fans but they're a LOT more intelligent than Rovers fans.

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by WestonRobin

6 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

No need, this is like throwing food to the chimps at a zoo and watching them fight over it, although chimps show more intelligence

Actually, chimps share 97% of the same DNA as humans and know how to move a piano and make a nice cup of tea.

Better to be a chimp than a chump.

11 hours ago, Hello said:

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

Also potentiay opens Rovers up to thst market even more

Obviously they need to be deemed good enough but seems perfectly logicsl to me

Good enough? You need more than that. They have to be full internationals who have played 75% of matches in the last 2 years... not too much of a problem... until you realise that the team has to be in the top 70 in the fifa rankings... I'll let you take a look at where Jordan are and decide  how well this is going to work out for you

• Like 2

BRFC_Sag toys with us like a kitten with a ball of string! Oh how he gets the better of us at every turn with his acute verbal sparring. I bet he boasts to all his sag chums how we are but putty in his hands! How can any of us on this forum compete with his wit and repartee, the ****...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hello said:

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

No problem at all - the more, the merrier; we'd love to see you back in the conference.

On 2 September 2016 at 09:38, DancinDannyD said:

Southern Englands second largest city... 

It's very unlike a City fan to misquote or twist the words of anything Rovers related isn't it? :P

Twist these words then, Prancer:

Bristol City have a first class 27,000 all-seater stadium; a multimillion pound squad; international footballers; 20,000 plus attendances; a Cat 2 Academy; a genuine bona-fide BILLIONAIRE Bristol born owner; a bright young manager who genuinely cares for the club; a first class training facility owned by the club; are £4m in credit for summer spending, despite spending £11m; are a Championship team and have a realistic opportunity of top flight football soon.

Bristol Rovers have...... well, I'll let you have a think about that one.

Compare and contrast, Prancer, and then ask yourself how stupid you lot look coming on here trying to wind US up? 

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, redfred said:

Twist these words then, Prancer:

Bristol City have a first class 27,000 all-seater stadium; a multimillion pound squad; international footballers; 20,000 plus attendances; a Cat 2 Academy; a genuine bona-fide BILLIONAIRE Bristol born owner; a bright young manager who genuinely cares for the club; a first class training facility owned by the club; are £4m in credit for summer spending, despite spending £11m; are a Championship team and have a realistic opportunity of top flight football soon.

Bristol Rovers have...... well, I'll let you have a think about that one.

Compare and contrast, Prancer, and then ask yourself how stupid you lot look coming on here trying to wind US up? 

Pretty easy to counter...

A team not capable of matching Reading U23's.

A 'billionaire' owner yet to spend anything. 

A best player who wanted to leave the club, but agreed to stay (for a year) when no one good wanted him. 

The shittest ground probably ever seen. 

A tent for a stand. 

A manager who is beyond unprofessional. 

And, most importantly, a weekly car boot at their home ground. 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A best player who wanted to leave the club, but agreed to stay (for a year) when no one good wanted him. 

A tent for a stand. 

Great contrast, Fordy, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pick you up on one of those points: they don't have 'a tent for a stand', they have TWO tents for stands. Two....

However, both do new seats in.....

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, redfred said:

Great contrast, Fordy, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pick you up on one of those points: they don't have 'a tent for a stand', they have TWO tents for stands. Two....

However, both do new seats in.....

And a new canopy over the directors` entrance, lets not forget that major investment.

Them pikeys still on the UWE site or have the council moved them on yet BTW?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

well to be fair, I was wondering why we don't have a indoor market at AG now we have that lovely concourse - pop in for a coffee at the shop, buy some tat from tantric healing inc, tye-dye t-shirt corp  etc - open one of the concession stands / or the bars so the husbands/boyfriends can go grab a pint and generally get people down there - who will then hopefully come ore often, use the coffee shop/bar and grill etc....

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

Simply has to be the worst ground in the FL... mismatch of stands, tents and patio furniture.

The lad on twitter who called it Chernobyl is wrong... At least the wildlife there have learnt to adapt and evolve within their surroundings, the same can't be said about the creatures who inhabit the Mem... judging by the majority of Gas posters who post here and on social media it can definitely be proved.

Basically comparing the Mem to Chernobyl is an insult to Chernobyl

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

I've heard that a representative of a big club did go to the Mem with the intention of buying their superstar striker,but ended up buying two chipped vases for a £1 from the car boot sale instead.

• Like 1