IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 1 September 2016 at 15:52, Bristol Rob said:

If the blue few had any sense they wouldn't buy tickets but travel en masse to Swindon.

Millwall used to do it years ago, travel in huge numbers without tickets and the police used to make sure they got in because it was easier to manage them that way.

I'm sure if they were all milling around in the pubs and car park the police would soon get them in the ground. 

'Course, that would require organising. Not their strong suit.

We've done it too, It's a very common accurance.

some don't like to admit it but I've travelled en masse to Sheff Wed, west Brom (twice), Wolves, Millwall, Cardiff,Pompey, Brentford, Liverpool, QPR and then there was the Gas at home, Everton at home (fans clashing with evertons firm, as they did the same and who can forget the Chelsea game at home were run ragged by many that didn't attend the game and a lot that forced their way in !I've also been to Millwall, brum with no intention of going to the game.

Trust me it's a recipe for disaster, costs the clubs money as extra police get involved, we've got one of the worst reputations in the country for violence and as a big club in the conference at least Rovers bullied themselves into having a similar reputation. Albeit on a pathetic level. This is not the answer.

17 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

We've done it too, It's a very common accurance.

some don't like to admit it but I've travelled en masse to Sheff Wed, west Brom (twice), Wolves, Millwall, Cardiff,Pompey, Brentford, Liverpool, QPR and then there was the Gas at home, Everton at home (fans clashing with evertons firm, as they did the same and who can forget the Chelsea game at home were run ragged by many that didn't attend the game and a lot that forced their way in !I've also been to Millwall, brum with no intention of going to the game.

Trust me it's a recipe for disaster, costs the clubs money as extra police get involved, we've got one of the worst reputations in the country for violence and as a big club in the conference at least Rovers bullied themselves into having a similar reputation. Albeit on a pathetic level. This is not the answer.

I would plan a mass boycott of the Swindle game if I was a gas supporter. The decision by that Swindling bar steward Power is disgusting and is all about making money out of the away fans!

approx £50k by my reckoning, swindle don't have big crowds and not many would potd if the gas boycotted so it would hit power and swindle hard financially.

Personnally I can't stand the man

20 hours ago, Fiale said:

well to be fair, I was wondering why we don't have a indoor market at AG now we have that lovely concourse - pop in for a coffee at the shop, buy some tat from tantric healing inc, tye-dye t-shirt corp  etc - open one of the concession stands / or the bars so the husbands/boyfriends can go grab a pint and generally get people down there - who will then hopefully come ore often, use the coffee shop/bar and grill etc....

I grew up next to AG in the 70s and 80s and we used to have a Sunday Market in the car park behind the Williams stand. It was like the Fruit Market but smaller so you get most things. Fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat and cheese.

These were the days before Sunday opening and supermarkets everywhere so to be able to get everything you needed for the Sunday Roast on a Sunday was new.

I'd love to see something similar and that would rival the one at the Tabacco Factory (can't go there as the land is Ferguson's).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I grew up next to AG in the 70s and 80s and we used to have a Sunday Market in the car park behind the Williams stand. It was like the Fruit Market but smaller so you get most things. Fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat and cheese.

These were the days before Sunday opening and supermarkets everywhere so to be able to get everything you needed for the Sunday Roast on a Sunday was new.

I'd love to see something similar and that would rival the one at the Tabacco Factory (can't go there as the land is Ferguson's).

Didn`t we have a situation when Sunday games became more the norm that if we wanted to have one it had to kick off at 4pm at the earliest as the market operators had such a watertight contract with the club that we couldn`t just tell them they couldn`t hold it that week if we wanted to kick off at 1 o`clock or something?

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t we have a situation when Sunday games became more the norm that if we wanted to have one it had to kick off at 4pm at the earliest as the market operators had such a watertight contract with the club that we couldn`t just tell them they couldn`t hold it that week if we wanted to kick off at 1 o`clock or something?

Rovers fans will be on here soon asking just what a watertight contract is.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

How many remember the old Canons Marsh Market ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

I really miss the old market on a Sunday at AG. Used to go down there with the parents and my kid brother, buy a load of crap and then up to the supporters bar (in the Williams in them days iirc) for a glass of squash and running up and down the skittle alley. Happy days...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That's possible in the early days but moving into the 90s I've known the Market to get postponed for a week.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I really miss the old market on a Sunday at AG. Used to go down there with the parents and my kid brother, buy a load of crap and then up to the supporters bar (in the Williams in them days iirc) for a glass of squash and running up and down the skittle alley. Happy days...

Ah Sunday lunchtime in the Supporters club, I remember it well. For me was a glass of coke then multiple games of Space Invaders as they had the old flat table style.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I bought my first pair of patch-pocket flares with a 6 inch waistband at the city market

• Like 1