IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I would plan a mass boycott of the Swindle game if I was a gas supporter. The decision by that Swindling bar steward Power is disgusting and is all about making money out of the away fans!

approx £50k by my reckoning, swindle don't have big crowds and not many would potd if the gas boycotted so it would hit power and swindle hard financially.

Personnally I can't stand the man

My understanding is season ticket holders have been given free entry for the rearranged game? If that's true then I can't see the problem. Clarke has purposely put out that misleading statement. 

There are terms and conditions about abandoned games. By buying a ticket a supporter accepts them terms and conditions. Usually it's free ticket / Refund if abandoned before half time. Half price entry before the 60th minute and no refund / discount  after the 60th minute. 

With that in mind I think it's quite honourable that the club are looking after those who have season tickets

I remember we once had a game abondoned at home against Notts County, think we were losing 2 nil before the abandonment after half time and I certainly remember having to at least part pay for a ticket for the.rearranged game.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

My understanding is season ticket holders have been given free entry for the rearranged game? If that's true then I can't see the problem. Clarke has purposely put out that misleading statement. 

There are terms and conditions about abandoned games. By buying a ticket a supporter accepts them terms and conditions. Usually it's free ticket / Refund if abandoned before half time. Half price entry before the 60th minute and no refund / discount  after the 60th minute. 

With that in mind I think it's quite honourable that the club are looking after those who have season tickets

I remember we once had a game abondoned at home against Notts County, think we were losing 2 nil before the abandonment after half time and I certainly remember having to at least part pay for a ticket for the.rearranged game.

Yeah I remember that one, I won the half time draw and went onto the pitch area to collect my 500 quid. It was heaving it down and went from wet pitched to waterlogged in the duration of half time. By the time i got back to my seat, i was absolutely drenched!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Funny enough was it Devon White who scored for Notts county . Or have I got the wrong game

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just ignore it like I do....

If the young and immature posters want to continue posting it that's they're choice.

Young and immature! Not too much of a sweeping generalisation then. Same as anything else really, if you don't like it don't read it. Only you do...

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

Yeah I remember that one, I won the half time draw and went onto the pitch area to collect my 500 quid. It was heaving it down and went from wet pitched to waterlogged in the duration of half time. By the time i got back to my seat, i was absolutely drenched!

Was the money all right? The ink didn't run?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought we were 0-1 down when called off and it was Heffernan who scored ?

I really liked Heff, I wish we could have held on to him and given him more game time after we sold Lita. He was just unfortunate that LL had a great season and stayed fit pretty much all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Young and immature! Not too much of a sweeping generalisation then. Same as anything else really, if you don't like it don't read it. Only you do...

Why would a mature person want to criticise and slag off the Rovers? It's not as if they're serious rivals ffs! They're not even in the same league as us.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why would a mature person want to criticise and slag off the Rovers? It's not as if they're serious rivals ffs! They're not even in the same league as us.

Simple.   Because those of us who are mature have lived through times when they have been serious rivals, and indeed have been a major irritant (will never forget or forgive Gary Smart!)  I cannot comprehend how a mature genuine City fan wouldn't want to criticise them and slag them off. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, red panda said:

Simple.   Because those of us who are mature have lived through times when they have been serious rivals, and indeed have been a major irritant (will never forget or forgive Gary Smart!)  I cannot comprehend how a mature genuine City fan wouldn't want to criticise them and slag them off. 

Get over it mate. 

Forgive and forget 

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No problem with season ticket holders getting in free - they buy a ticket to see every league game played at home.

The terms and conditions re. abandoned games are up to each individual club, however, Swindon do not have a clear policy included in their fans charter, so make it up as they go along. A tenner reduction for the re-arranged game would have been fine, and I'm sure that they would still have covered their costs as the majority of people would take up the offer.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Just to clarify, is it mature or immature to consistently post on a thread, telling others not to post in the thread..? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just to clarify, is it mature or immature to consistently post on a thread, telling others not to post in the thread..? 

:facepalm:.......yet another who misses the point.

To clarity.....I don't post anything Rovers related on this thread because I'm not interested in A) Rovers B) in slagging them off. I've outgrown all that years ago. 

Thats not to say i didn't used to rubbish them when I thought it was cool to do it but not these days.

Why not? Because I've grown up and realise how ridiculous it is. I wrongly assumed that some others had grown up as well - but obviously not.

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Swindon season ticket holders get to go for free, everyone else including Rovers away supporters have to pay again.  Clarke hasn't misled anyone.

Also the game was abandoned on 59 minutes - but that's neither here nor there in my opinion.  It's about doing the right thing, not hiding behind the letter of the law.  The Rovers fans have incurred travel costs and spent money on tickets to watch an event that was ultimately null and void.  There is nothing "honourable" about it, it's a disgrace.

• Like 1