IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.......yet another who misses the point.

To clarity.....I don't post anything Rovers related on this thread because I'm not interested in A) Rovers B) in slagging them off. I've outgrown all that years ago. 

Thats not to say i didn't used to rubbish them when I thought it was cool to do it but not these days.

Why not? Because I've grown up and realise how ridiculous it is. I wrongly assumed that some others had grown up as well - but obviously not.

So in short, you no longer think its "cool" to slag off the Rovers anymore because you have grown up?

Perhaps then, you could allow your fellow Reds the courtesy of "growing up" at their own rate and for they themselves to decide that its not "cool" anymore much as you did yourself?

I understand where you and others come from. I hated Rovers in the late 80s and early 90s as a teenager. Those days are long gone but never forgotten, i still enjoy having a laugh at them and posting the odd dig regardless of if it is "cool" or not.

Why do people who have no interest even bother clicking on the thread, let alone posting in here. Bizarre.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To clarity.....I don't post anything Rovers related on this thread because I'm not interested in A) Rovers B) in slagging them off. I've outgrown all that years ago. 

Thats not to say i didn't used to rubbish them when I thought it was cool to do it but not these days.

Why not? Because I've grown up and realise how ridiculous it is. I wrongly assumed that some others had grown up as well - but obviously not.

dont-grow-up-its-a-trap.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No problem with season ticket holders getting in free - they buy a ticket to see every league game played at home.

The terms and conditions re. abandoned games are up to each individual club, however, Swindon do not have a clear policy included in their fans charter, so make it up as they go along. A tenner reduction for the re-arranged game would have been fine, and I'm sure that they would still have covered their costs as the majority of people would take up the offer.

aye you are correct,

28    Postponements and Abandonments – Procedures for Re-Arrangement and Refunds 

28.1    In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League. 

28.2    Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved. 

28.3    Each Club must ensure that both: 

28.3.1    its home ground (being the ground that is registered in accordance with Regulation 13.6); and 

28.3.2    any Registered Players, 

remain available to the Club during the period of 4 days commencing with the day after the day of the Club’s last fixture in the League Competition (including play off matches) so as to enable the fulfilment of any fixtures (in full or in part) ordered by The League to be played after the end of the Season (if any). 

28.4    Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches. 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#Zyql0GVUWtr5CjXv.99

generally anything after the 60th minute (rovers was called off in the 61st) then clubs don't refund tickets

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That is such an obnoxious reply! 

Who are you to tell people what they should find humorous and who or where to post their "banter"..?

If there were numerous threads appearing, then you'd have some point, but with everything appearing in one thread, clearly entitled to suggest the topic of content that it may contain, it's easy to avoid if people's reference to your friends is not to your own particular taste. 

As a 37 year old lifelong City supporter, damn right I enjoy mocking the blue few at the never ending shambles that is their club. 

You have every right not to like it, not to partake in the ridicule and be the more mature, forgive and forget type pacifist. 

Just as I and others have the right to comment on each and every episode of their, quite frankly hilarious, circus and mock their dillusional beliefs. Especially on a thread clearly entitled "Bristol Rovers"

Get off your high horse and stop re-confirming the views of many on here, that you are a cantankerous old git with a sickening soft spot for those in Horfield who in return, dillusionally mock us every bit as we do to them. 

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Who are you to tell people what they should find humorous and who or where to post their "banter"..?

If there were numerous threads appearing, then you'd have some point, but with everything appearing in one thread, clearly entitled to suggest the topic of content that it may contain, it's easy to avoid if people's reference to your friends is not to your own particular taste. 

As a 37 year old lifelong City supporter, damn right I enjoy mocking the blue few at the never ending shambles that is their club. 

You have every right not to like it, not to partake in the ridicule and be the more mature, forgive and forget type pacifist. 

Just as I and others have the right to comment on each and every episode of their, quite frankly hilarious, circus and mock their dillusional beliefs. Especially on a thread clearly entitled "Bristol Rovers"

Get off your high horse and stop re-confirming the views of many on here, that you are a cantankerous old git with a sickening soft spot for those in Horfield who in return, dillusionally mock us every bit as we do to them. 

I don't think that highly of him!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Harsh but funny 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I think you'll find that Trashcan Gate is a little closer to home for you reds! :facepalm:

And there sums up the retarded mentality of the blue few. 

Do you not understand that the reason we mock your shithole of a ground is because it actually is, literally, the worst ground in the football league and the fact that your "billionaire"owner deems it fitting for "the 6th richest club in England" to put up another tent with seats and a 4ft roof over the Directors bar entrance is in a whole different galaxy to Ashton Gate, which has been developed into one of the most impressive, uniquely designed stadiums (not biggest, before you try and twist it) in the country.

#gaslogic

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I to am a life long City supporter as many of us are but as I posted earlier in this thread I have no interest in the Gas or in slagging them off in this forum.

Thats not to say that I don't enjoy "debating" with some of the gasheads I know.  It's banter and always a laugh. No-one takes it seriously.

A mate of mine passed away earlier this year - a dedicted Gashead and season ticket holder at the Mem. He had three sons and one of them did his eulogy at the graveside. He mentioned that his dad had three sons and said "he brought two us the right way"  a tongue in cheek remark that his older brother is a City fan.....there was a chuckle at the gravesite. and lots of smiles even on a such a sad day.

How anyone can claim to "hate" the gasheads is simply ludicrous in my view.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I to am a life long City supporter as many of us are but as I posted earlier in this thread I have no interest in the Gas or in slagging them off in this forum.

Thats not to say that I don't enjoy "debating" with some of the gasheads I know.  It's banter and always a laugh. No-one takes it seriously.

A mate of mine passed away earlier this year - a dedicted Gashead and season ticket holder at the Mem. He had three sons and one of them did his eulogy at the graveside. He mentioned that his dad had three sons and said "he brought two us the right way"  a tongue in cheek remark that his older brother is a City fan.....there was a chuckle at the gravesite. and lots of smiles even on a such a sad day.

Would love you to expand on that one......

What a hypocrite.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Again, who are you to tell people whether they should or shouldn't "hate" them..?

I'm sure the vast majority of us on here know, work with or are even related to those of a Rovers persuasion. I doubt many actually "hate" them as individuals, but then it comes to football, I most certainly do "hate" everything about Rovers. 

Their inferiority complex, their thinking they are super fans, the history of our rivalry and outspoken venom towards City from different figure heads of their club. 

Even the sight of that ridiculous quartered shirt or the drone of the god awful "Irene" dirge make me feel physically sick. 

Does that make me immature..? Then so be it. As fans of my age and older will recall, we have plenty of old rivalry, disgraceful behaviour, antagonism and regularly derby day confrontation to keep the hostility very much at the forefront of our memories. 

If you are liberal enough to pass your experiences off and "forgive and forget", then good for you. 

I for one will despise Bristol Rovers until the day I die. That doesn't mean on a day to day basis that I "hate" every individual who follows them. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

"It's banter and a laugh. No one takes it seriously"

Sounds quite a lot like this thread. That the 'reasonable' gasheads are made to feel relatively welcome on a City forum and aren't immediately banned (unlike elsewhere) shows a huge amount of maturity IMHO

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Perhaps they want to move in at AG and hope we go bust!Sounds familiar,didnt they do that to Bristol Rfc?

Yes, they did indeed. 

They also did once try that at Ashton Gate for a short time in the early 80's, iirc. 

Thankfully that didn't work out and they went off to Bath. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Calm down Robbo, there's not a single Rovers fan I know that I dislike but as a club they are parasites and pathological liars

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

there's not a single Rovers fan I know that I dislike but as a club they are parasites and pathological liars

That's more like it! 

A sensible reply at last and sums up what I've been trying to get at..........:clapping:

Edited by Robbored

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And there sums up the retarded mentality of the blue few. 

Do you not understand that the reason we mock your shithole of a ground is because it actually is, literally, the worst ground in the football league and the fact that your "billionaire"owner deems it fitting for "the 6th richest club in England" to put up another tent with seats and a 4ft roof over the Directors bar entrance is in a whole different galaxy to Ashton Gate, which has been developed into one of the most impressive, uniquely designed stadiums (not biggest, before you try and twist it) in the country.

#gaslogic

Trashcan Gate/Trashton Gate has been used to describe your stadium for years. Yes, it is about as relevant now as us being called Gasheads, over 25 years after leaving Eastville - some things just stick.

Thanks for your comment on my mentality, although it has been assesed by people far more qualified than you.

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Trashcan Gate/Trashton Gate has been used to describe your stadium for years. Yes, it is about as relevant now as us being called Gasheads, over 25 years after leaving Eastville - some things just stick.

Thanks for your comment on my mentality, although it has been assesed by people far more qualified than you.

I've heard your lot label it Trashton Gate several times; Trash Can is a new one on me.

Let's face it though, it's never been relevant - you've always had a hovel compared to our place...Eastville, Twerton and your current slum are far worse than Ashton Gate ever was.

Edited by WestonRobin
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You've never had a better stadium than us #gaslogic