IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

You've never had a better stadium than us #gaslogic

Sorry if this has been mentioned before , But how many Rovers fans are Bristol Rugby supporter's and will be proud to walk into Ashton Gate to support Bristol Rugby as I am to support Bristol City if not then my money is on them lying or blue with envy.

I know a few Rover's fan's that watch Bath Rugby and will be going to Ashton Gate when Bath visit i can't wait to hear what they've got to say about our new stadium.

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't let them use the Gents !

Ha Ha I used drive Bristol rugby supporters to away games and trust me if all rugby fans drink like them they won't be able to hold out for long ( great away days ) . not as good as city away days as i let someone else drive then i can have a few beers 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That is such an obnoxious reply! 

Who are you to tell people what they should find humorous and who or where to post their "banter"..?

If there were numerous threads appearing, then you'd have some point, but with everything appearing in one thread, clearly entitled to suggest the topic of content that it may contain, it's easy to avoid if people's reference to your friends is not to your own particular taste. 

As a 37 year old lifelong City supporter, damn right I enjoy mocking the blue few at the never ending shambles that is their club. 

You have every right not to like it, not to partake in the ridicule and be the more mature, forgive and forget type pacifist. 

Just as I and others have the right to comment on each and every episode of their, quite frankly hilarious, circus and mock their dillusional beliefs. Especially on a thread clearly entitled "Bristol Rovers"

Get off your high horse and stop re-confirming the views of many on here, that you are a cantankerous old git with a sickening soft spot for those in Horfield who in return, dillusionally mock us every bit as we do to them. 

He posts obnoxious replies like he does, not because he is 'mature'...but because he loves the attention. He craves it in fact 

He loves playing the pantomime villain...I've never known anyone like it. When attention starts to diminish....he posts something else antagonistic . He always gets a rise...and once again, his need for attention is fulfilled.

If anyone should grow up....it should be @Robbored

• Like 7

Since this thread has adopted an Americanism all by itself, I thought I get off my chest two other Americanisms I can't stand.

1.  Do the math:. It's not even do the maths, it's do the arithmetic 

2.  Back in the day: A lazy man's/women's "back in the days of yore", which is more lyrical.

Now can somebody please change the title to the Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Doing mates a favour. 

Dont you help your mates out? Assuming you have mates of course....

Would I take a load of mates to go and watch Rovers play at Wembley..? 

Like **** would I..!

I'd rather gauge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Malago said:

Since this thread has adopted an Americanism all by itself, I thought I get off my chest two other Americanisms I can't stand.

1.  Do the math:. It's not even do the maths, it's do the arithmetic 

2.  Back in the day: A lazy man's/women's "back in the days of yore", which is more lyrical.

Now can somebody please change the title to the Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread.

Don't get me started on"can I get" just don't ok 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

Can I get you to elaborate on that please. What is it exactly you don't like about it :ph34r:

Grrrrrrrr.........if I was serving people, be it food, bar or whatever and somone started with "can I get" I would reply "NO....I am paid the minimum wage to get it for you, just give me the friggin money "

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

Grrrrrrrr.........if I was serving people, be it food, bar or whatever and somone started with "can I get" I would reply "NO....I am paid the minimum wage to get it for you, just give me the friggin money "

By tweaking your customer service skills, you could progress beyond the minimum wages positions. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

By tweaking your customer service skills, you could progress beyond the minimum wages positions. 

Re-read and fully inhale the word "IF " but a good shout non the less, maybe I could wear a tabard with lots of badges on to prove I'm a customer kinda guy....Doh !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

aye you are correct,

28    Postponements and Abandonments – Procedures for Re-Arrangement and Refunds 

28.1    In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League. 

28.2    Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved. 

28.3    Each Club must ensure that both: 

28.3.1    its home ground (being the ground that is registered in accordance with Regulation 13.6); and 

28.3.2    any Registered Players, 

remain available to the Club during the period of 4 days commencing with the day after the day of the Club’s last fixture in the League Competition (including play off matches) so as to enable the fulfilment of any fixtures (in full or in part) ordered by The League to be played after the end of the Season (if any). 

28.4    Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches. 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#Zyql0GVUWtr5CjXv.99

generally anything after the 60th minute (rovers was called off in the 61st) then clubs don't refund tickets

The game stopped in the 60th minute i.e. fractionally before an hour had been played - however that's not really the point. The club should do the decent thing rather than hide behind the letter of the law.

Would you be happy to pay again having paid once for a match that was ultimately null and void, having watched only two-thirds?

Incidentally does anyone know if we had to pay again after the floodlight failure against Liverpool?!

9 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Was the money all right? The ink didn't run?

nah was fine, it was presented to me in an envelope which the announcer then put in a tesco bag!

Over the tannoy he got my surname mixed up with the place i live as well... so I was announced as Mr Hanham !

When I got back to my seat, all the people in the row clapped, apparently not for winning but for braving the torrential downpour.

5 hours ago, billyboy50 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before , But how many Rovers fans are Bristol Rugby supporter's and will be proud to walk into Ashton Gate to support Bristol Rugby as I am to support Bristol City if not then my money is on them lying or blue with envy.

I know a few Rover's fan's that watch Bath Rugby and will be going to Ashton Gate when Bath visit i can't wait to hear what they've got to say about our new stadium.

I support both North Bristol clubs. Your new stadium is undeniably superb but I'd rather Bris were still playing at home. Jealous? Not really, most clubs in the top 2 divisions have a stadium on a par with, or better, than yours and I'm not envious of them either. 

Better facilities and a higher standard of football definitely gives you a massive advantage when attracting neutrals and new fans. But the "gap" will never be big enough for me to consider switching my allegiance. I'm sure those of you who stayed loyal during the early 80's will know exactly what I mean.

up.         The.           Gas.

Edited by Bluebeard

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The game stopped in the 60th minute i.e. fractionally before an hour had been played - however that's not really the point. The club should do the decent thing rather than hide behind the letter of the law.

Would you be happy to pay again having paid once for a match that was ultimately null and void, having watched only two-thirds?

Incidentally does anyone know if we had to pay again after the floodlight failure against Liverpool?!

From memory, the tickets were really cheap for the re-arranged game.

39 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

I support both North Bristol clubs. Your new stadium is undeniably superb but I'd rather Bris were still playing at home. Jealous? Not really, most clubs in the top 2 divisions have a stadium on a par with, or better, than yours and I'm not envious of them either. 

Better facilities and a higher standard of football definitely gives you a massive advantage when attracting neutrals and new fans. But the "gap" will never be big enough for me to consider switching my allegiance. I'm sure those of you who stayed loyal during the early 80's will know exactly what I mean.

Shouldn't have stolen their ground then.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

I would not want anyone to switching allegiance because of a better stadium or the "gap " those fans that are loyal stay loyal which I have for over 40 years , and don't worry with your new mega rich owner you will one day have your new stadium .Bristol City would not be where they are today if not for the millions of pounds put in by SL so i hope your new owner is true to his word and you get your new ground but I would'nt want anyone to hold their breath waiting for that day to come.

I think you will find that Bristol Rugby are playing at home this weekend coming. I wonder what the crowd will be and how many like the new Ashton Gate and how many would want to move back to the Mem .

Down the Gas

• Like 2