IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Bluebeard said:

I support both North Bristol clubs. Your new stadium is undeniably superb but I'd rather Bris were still playing at home.

Bristol rugby is called Bristol rugby because it irepresents Bristol and they have a home called Ashton Gate. You are patently a Rovers fan first and foremost because no true Bristol rugby fan would continue to line the pockets of an organisation that stitched up the rugby club so disgracefuly  I'm glad incidentally that you support the rugby club North Bristol as teams in the Gloucestershire Premier league need as much support as possible and of course their facilities are better than those at the Mem.

• Like 2

Back on the Swindon tickets, only giving Rovers the expensive tickets and not opening the cheaper bank behind the goal. This is why Swindon are the club I dislike the most. I want to beat Rovers more than anyone else but when it comes to horrible little clubs in horrible little Towns, Swindon take the biscuit. 

• Like 9

• Admin

Had to chuckle at this, why would all kids want a postcard of him?

Pre-order now via the club shop or the online store and receive a Back to School package for free. 

The package includes:

• Water Bottle
  • Pen
  • Pencil
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • Pencil Eraser
  • Ruler
  • A postcard of Matty Taylor

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/get-your-back-to-school-package-now-when-pre-ordering-junior-shirts-3293151.aspx#og8WptFGXXHoxFG7.99

• Admin

EARLY WARNING TO AVOID BBC1

On Thursday, Goeff Twentyman is taking his "Having a Gas" show to the Mem.

This is because that night BBC Bristol are holding a special preview screening of a film they've made all about the new owners of the club, the Al Qadi family. 

Inside Out West flew out to Jordan to film with them at home, find out more about them, who they are and why the wanted to buy Rovers, what their hopes are for the club, what's the vision for the future. 

This will be shown on BBC One ultimately, but we've got an exclusive preview Thursday night, at the Mem, just for Gasheads. 

The club have been given 10 pairs of tickets for the event to give away to supporters.
Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/inside-out-west-the-al-qadi-family-3292398.aspx#1wQvfmSmjVqEiXOg.99

• Admin

This is because that night BBC Bristol are holding a special preview screening of a film they've made all about the new owners of the club, the Al Qadi family. 

Inside Out West flew out to Jordan to film with them at home, find out more about them, who they are and why the wanted to buy Rovers, what their hopes are for the club, what's the vision for the future. 

This will be shown on BBC One ultimately, but we've got an exclusive preview Thursday night, at the Mem, just for Gasheads. 

The club have been given 10 pairs of tickets for the event to give away to supporters.
Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/inside-out-west-the-al-qadi-family-3292398.aspx#1wQvfmSmjVqEiXOg.99

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Back on the Swindon tickets, only giving Rovers the expensive tickets and not opening the cheaper bank behind the goal. This is why Swindon are the club I dislike the most. I want to beat Rovers more than anyone else but when it comes to horrible little clubs in horrible little Towns, Swindon take the biscuit. 

I think its very thoughtful of them. They got soaked last time so are ensuring they don't have to get wet again.

Being serious tho, why the hell is there a huge amount of sympathy for them recently?

Personally I'm delighted Swindon are charging them watch the game again, I'm even more delighted they have to pay even more to watch the said game.

Their fans are some of the worst in football, attacking families in pubs, boob cricket, horse punching etc etc so its about bloody time the football gods have conspired against them.

I think some have a huge dislike for Swindon and that is clouding over their dislike for the sags.

Give me Swindon over the sags any day of the week.

Edited by Up The City!
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think its very thoughtful of them. They got soaked last time so are ensuring they don't have to get wet again.

Being serious tho, why the hell is there a huge amount of sympathy for them recently?

Personally I'm delighted Swindon are charging them watch the game again, I'm even more delighted they have to pay even more to watch the said game.

Their fans are some of the worst in football, attacking families in pubs, boob cricket, horse punching etc etc so its about bloody time the football gods have conspired against them.

I think some have a huge dislike for Swindon and that is clouding over their dislike for the sags.

I'd rather watch paint dry then ether thanks.........

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will it also go into depth why Gillingham didn't want anything to do with them?! 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ah the footballing Gods have blessed us for so long hey?

And that's a huge generalisation re: the supporters - that's like me suggesting all City fans are Harvester Family pub destroying, wife-beating, war memorial desecrating thugs.  That's certainly true of a minority of your supporters but I wouldn't tar you all with the same brush... ;-)

Edited by DancinDannyD

22 hours ago, Malago said:

Since this thread has adopted an Americanism all by itself, I thought I get off my chest two other Americanisms I can't stand.

1.  Do the math:. It's not even do the maths, it's do the arithmetic 

2.  Back in the day: A lazy man's/women's "back in the days of yore", which is more lyrical.

Now can somebody please change the title to the Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread.

And "snuck". Yuck.

12 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

And that's a huge generalisation re: the supporters - that's like me suggesting all City fans are Harvester Family pub destroying, wife-beating, war memorial desecrating thugs.  That's certainly true of a minority of your supporters but I wouldn't tar you all with the same brush... ;-)

I remember the vile disgusting scenes following your rightful relegation to non league, that was hardly a minority was it?

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:42, In the Net said:

Trashcan Gate/Trashton Gate has been used to describe your stadium for years. Yes, it is about as relevant now as us being called Gasheads, over 25 years after leaving Eastville - some things just stick.

Thanks for your comment on my mentality, although it has been assesed by people far more qualified than you.

It seems to be a running theme with 15ers that their insults are based on rhyming words.  City becomes Shitty, Ashton becomes Trashton etc.

It probably seems very impressive to them, after all most children are not able to rhyme like that until they reach the age of 3 or 4!  Well done Gasheads!

Of course it is hilarious when they try and do it.  Bristol Shitty makes no sense as an insult when it is said by fans of a team that have pretty much always been lower than us in the leagues.  Trashton Gate makes no sense coming from fans of a club that have never ever had a stadium anywhere near as good as even the old Ashton Gate.

Still, keep on developing Gasheads, one day you might pass the 4 years olds and develop to a level where you can use really simple similes to describe us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It seems to be a running theme with 15ers that their insults are based on rhyming words.  City becomes Shitty, Ashton becomes Trashton etc.

It probably seems very impressive to them, after all most children are not able to rhyme like that until they reach the age of 3 or 4!  Well done Gasheads!

Of course it is hilarious when they try and do it.  Bristol Shitty makes no sense as an insult when it is said by fans of a team that have pretty much always been lower than us in the leagues.  Trashton Gate makes no sense coming from fans of a club that have never ever had a stadium anywhere near as good as even the old Ashton Gate.

Still, keep on developing Gasheads, one day you might pass the 4 years olds and develop to a level where you can use really simple similes to describe us.

Its that old #Gaslogic again.

I think the irony is lost on them.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps we may find out why no money is being spent by them. Then again I expect it will be one big wally love in. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I guess some of us are able to take a broader view on whether its right or not to charge fans again for a match that was declared null and void after 59 minutes the first time around, regardless of the teams involved.  I happen to like my colleague at work who attended the first game and I don't believe he has ever punched a horse or indulged in any of the activities you describe, in the same way that not all of us have vandalised the memorial gates.  So yes I do have sympathy for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

Why are you still on here? UWE's dead now, you have nothing else to brag about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

A re-make of  "Carry On, Follow That Camel" ?

• Like 3