IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Had to chuckle at this, why would all kids want a postcard of him?

Pre-order now via the club shop or the online store and receive a Back to School package for free. 

The package includes:

• Water Bottle
  • Pen
  • Pencil
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • Pencil Eraser
  • Ruler
  • A postcard of Matty Taylor

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/get-your-back-to-school-package-now-when-pre-ordering-junior-shirts-3293151.aspx#og8WptFGXXHoxFG7.99

For Free?  Such bad English.  Its just FREE or FOR NOTHING.  Free is an adjective.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I guess some of us are able to take a broader view on whether its right or not to charge fans again for a match that was declared null and void after 59 minutes the first time around, regardless of the teams involved.  I happen to like my colleague at work who attended the first game and I don't believe he has ever punched a horse or indulged in any of the activities you describe, in the same way that not all of us have vandalised the memorial gates.  So yes I do have sympathy for him.

My broader view is this could happen to any away team in the country, its just flipping hilarious that on this occasion it so happens to be them.

Yes OK they do have one or two OK fans, but the majority of them are grade a tossers. Have you ever had sight of their forum? Very stark differences between our fans and their fans.

Not only have their fans been involved in many unsavoury embarrassing incidents the club they also support is just as bad as them, trying to get Wycombe kicked out the league, trying to steal our ground, stealing the rugby ground, Darrell's 'happy days' comments, watering their pitch so they could postpone the game before playing us, showing our scores on the scoreboard etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

So add it all together and almost everyone associated with that club deserve zero sympathy.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

My broader view is this could happen to any away team in the country, its just flipping hilarious that on this occasion it so happens to be them.

Yes OK they do have one or two OK fans, but the majority of them are grade a tossers. Have you ever had sight of their forum? Very stark differences between our fans and their fans.

Not only have their fans been involved in many unsavoury embarrassing incidents the club they also support is just as bad as them, trying to get Wycombe kicked out the league, trying to steal our ground, stealing the rugby ground, Darrell's 'happy days' comments, watering their pitch so they could postpone the game before playing us, showing our scores on the scoreboard etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

So add it all together and almost everyone associated with that club deserve zero sympathy.

Think it must just be who people know or interact with then, which I appreciate will be different based on various factors.

I know many Gasheads, with them being friends, colleagues and shamefully some from the dark side of my family. On the whole, most of them are decent enough people who I share 'bantz' with but in life I wouldn't wish any ill on them - Rovers doing poorly is to do with a wind up for me, just as it was through the 80s for them.

Yes, there are some who fit the stereotype we see on here, but does that make me want people I know to be out of pocket ... no, it doesn't. 

Don't really go on their forum much, occasionally do to check out stuff my Gashead neighbour has talked about and yes you do see that stereotype in all of it's abundence, but not sure that forums are always fully representative of a clubs complete fanbase.

Yes, from our side as a club they appear to have delusions of grandeur, thoughts of superfans who are unequivocally loved across the country etc, but in reality I haven't really worried about them for a number of years, other than to keep up to date for the 'wind up' moments with my Gashead friends. The JPT game brought it back a bit but just feels different to when I was younger ... 

I get that for some people there are specific events that have created the dislike and after attending City games at Eastville, Trumpton and the Mem I do understand, if not agree. Whilst I may not appreciate some aspects of Bristol Rovers football club, I don't necessarily attribute that to all of their fans and even if I do to some, it's still more of a wind up ... I honestly have more important things in life to care about.

Ultimately people can chose to think, feel and post on here as they see fit ... think this might be the first time I have posted on this thread, as whilst I read it sometimes for more ammo, it isn't my thing - however, I am not one of the people who says it shouldn't exist or it should be moved as this is a forum and people clearly want to participate in it.

Anyway, on to more important things ...

COYRs!!!!!!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Football clearly means far too much to you if you seriously think you can form judgements on large groups of people based on what team they support. I know plenty of Rovers supporters and they are all decent people who happen to have been unlucky enough to be born into the wrong team. I suspect that applies to the majority.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I heard we all brought houses in Mansfield so we could use a Mansfield address to buy tickets, we then all went out and brought Mansfield shirts and scarfs. Just so we could be in the away end that day.

Should've been there, can't believe we managed to avoid any & every type of proof we were there!

I've been bored (waiting for a meeting)

so been having a noise on the companies house website,

I see Rovers accounts are overdue and they haven't settled Sainsburys legal bill yet (also overdue), surely with their Billionaire owner (who is the only family member registered) these should of been tied up long ago (like ours have been),

Maybe the rumours that they have no cash are true

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I've been bored (waiting for a meeting)

so been having a noise on the companies house website,

I see Rovers accounts are overdue and they haven't settled Sainsburys legal bill yet (also overdue), surely with their Billionaire owner (who is the only family member registered) these should of been tied up long ago (like ours have been),

Maybe the rumours that they have no cash are true

As the saying goes "Cash Is King". It's perfectly legal for companies to show a profit but have no, or little, cash which makes day-to-day working extremely difficult. This could be the case for Rover or, even worse for them, they're making a loss and have no cash. It will be interesting so see the year by year accounts for Dwane Dibbley sports, assuming there is any detail 

10 hours ago, Palmers Green Red said:

Think it must just be who people know or interact with then, which I appreciate will be different based on various factors.

I know many Gasheads, with them being friends, colleagues and shamefully some from the dark side of my family. On the whole, most of them are decent enough people who I share 'bantz' with but in life I wouldn't wish any ill on them - Rovers doing poorly is to do with a wind up for me, just as it was through the 80s for them.

Yes, there are some who fit the stereotype we see on here, but does that make me want people I know to be out of pocket ... no, it doesn't. 

Don't really go on their forum much, occasionally do to check out stuff my Gashead neighbour has talked about and yes you do see that stereotype in all of it's abundence, but not sure that forums are always fully representative of a clubs complete fanbase.

Yes, from our side as a club they appear to have delusions of grandeur, thoughts of superfans who are unequivocally loved across the country etc, but in reality I haven't really worried about them for a number of years, other than to keep up to date for the 'wind up' moments with my Gashead friends. The JPT game brought it back a bit but just feels different to when I was younger ... 

I get that for some people there are specific events that have created the dislike and after attending City games at Eastville, Trumpton and the Mem I do understand, if not agree. Whilst I may not appreciate some aspects of Bristol Rovers football club, I don't necessarily attribute that to all of their fans and even if I do to some, it's still more of a wind up ... I honestly have more important things in life to care about.

Ultimately people can chose to think, feel and post on here as they see fit ... think this might be the first time I have posted on this thread, as whilst I read it sometimes for more ammo, it isn't my thing - however, I am not one of the people who says it shouldn't exist or it should be moved as this is a forum and people clearly want to participate in it.

Anyway, on to more important things ...

COYRs!!!!!!

Social media is the norm these days and from what I see of Sag fans they are a bunch of morons judging by twitter, FB groups, forums and so on... Its come to a point now where their own official twitter account takes digs at Citys account... Fans you can of course understand thats the way it is and way it will always be but a so called professional club? Its cringeworthy and unprofessional... Summed up by their managers attitude as well. The club is rank amateur in so many ways.

Besides if it was other way round im sure they would be charging Swindle the full amount now Wali is not quite the trillionaire they originally thought he was, however thats business. I would care more if the their fans again from what I've seen and read weren't a bunch of hypocrites

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Thanks for reminding me of this - I started to feel a hint of sympathy for them over the whole Swindon tickets situation however that has instantly evaporated!

• Like 2

From the Book of Revelation

And on the eighth day the people were summoned to the tabernacle to hear the great redeemer speak

He told of the false covenant of the syrup of figs and the multitudes did hiss and spit like vipers

Thereof the redeemer did say “fear not for I come from the east, with wise men carrying tablets, to part the red sea and lead ye to the land of milk and honey where ye may kick the ass till the judgment day cometh” and the people did rejoice and their spirits were soothed.

But no sooner had the soothing begun then low and behold a dark cloud descended over the tabernacle and a messenger appeared and bowed before the great redeemer saying “my lord the learned men of the temple proclaim ye are not a redeemer but a deferrer and ye have not produced the fifty pieces of silver they were promised so the land of milk and honey has become a forbidden paradise and you and your followers must return to the wilderness until a true saviour appears”.

On hearing this the great redeemer flung himself at the mercy of the multitudes, begging forgiveness, casting off his fine robes of blue and white linen and clothing himself in sack cloth and ashes saying “I come not to be like david gold or because oldfrankincensed or to get my picture in the daily mirror but because I love football and perhaps one day someone will donate the cash to buy Rovers a new ground so please don’t be unkind to me it was only a bit of fun.

And as the heavens opened (no refunds allowed) there came forth from the throng of specially invited guests a chosen disciple who bowed before the great redeemer and sayeth “ oh master we are your faithful and true followers who will believe anything you tell us so please don’t pretend you have no money or means to build a new ground and just get on with buying up all the available commercial land in Bristol so we can have the stadium and training centre as well as our own state of the art asylum.

Ahem

• Like 18

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

From the Book of Revelation

And on the eighth day the people were summoned to the tabernacle to hear the great redeemer speak

He told of the false covenant of the syrup of figs and the multitudes did hiss and spit like vipers

Thereof the redeemer did say “fear not for I come from the east, with wise men carrying tablets, to part the red sea and lead ye to the land of milk and honey where ye may kick the ass till the judgment day cometh” and the people did rejoice and their spirits were soothed.

But no sooner had the soothing begun then low and behold a dark cloud descended over the tabernacle and a messenger appeared and bowed before the great redeemer saying “my lord the learned men of the temple proclaim ye are not a redeemer but a deferrer and ye have not produced the fifty pieces of silver they were promised so the land of milk and honey has become a forbidden paradise and you and your followers must return to the wilderness until a true saviour appears”.

On hearing this the great redeemer flung himself at the mercy of the multitudes, begging forgiveness, casting off his fine robes of blue and white linen and clothing himself in sack cloth and ashes saying “I come not to be like david gold or because oldfrankincensed or to get my picture in the daily mirror but because I love football and perhaps one day someone will donate the cash to buy Rovers a new ground so please don’t be unkind to me it was only a bit of fun.

And as the heavens opened (no refunds allowed) there came forth from the throng of specially invited guests a chosen disciple who bowed before the great redeemer and sayeth “ oh master we are your faithful and true followers who will believe anything you tell us so please don’t pretend you have no money or means to build a new ground and just get on with buying up all the available commercial land in Bristol so we can have the stadium and training centre as well as our own state of the art asylum.

Ahem

U T G!  Anyway, still up for that pint or at least a friendly handshake on Saturday at the Mem? Drinks on me! 

Edited by DancinDannyD