IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Well - no.  Although he did say the UWE is the only site they're looking at, and funding isn't a problem. But then said a team of accountants are currently reviewing feasibility and lots of discussions with other parties need to conclude.  So nobody any the wiser really.

Oh and just about the worst fans panel they could pull together - cringeworthy even if I say so myself.

Yep

Question:

Where do you want this club to be in a years time.

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

What is the ambition of this club.

Answer:

To be higher in the League than Bristol City.

Added to one chap who was surprised that Doppy Daryl talked to Leeds as they really are no bigger than Rovers and you get an idea of how dilussional they where.

Actually turned into a bit of comedy gold me on my cycle trip home.

Edited by Hillzider
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question:

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

Answer:

Added to one chap who was surprised that Doppy Daryl talked to Leeds as they really are no bigger than Rovers and you get an idea of how dilussional they where.

Is that honestly what they just said. Amazing 

19 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question:

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

Answer:

Is that for real? They truly are the gift.

22 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question:

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

Answer:

Is that true? Utterly delicious 

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I got a feeling somebody is on a wind up.. but if true :rofl2br:

It is true.

I'll be ****** if I'll ever listen to that load of shite but there are several gas on Twitter saying just how cringeworthy the panel (including the gas girls?) are.. 

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It is true.

I'll be ****** if I'll ever listen to that load of shite but there are several gas on Twitter saying just how cringeworthy the panel (including the gas girls?) are.. 

Yep.  Sadly true.  And sadly somehow some of the 'Gas Girls' from the admittedly woeful 'Rovers Appreciation Page' on Facebook made the panel. 

Now I don't want to sound snobby but these 'girls' do come over as a bit rough and chavvy at the best of times so I'm surprised they were chosen and made the cut to the panel.  They spend most of their time online talking about penis size and the players they fancy :facepalm: grim.

Anyway - positive news - talks are advanced on the new training ground site, 29 acres, hoping to start a move in March.   Will aim to be a Cat 2 Academy - woohoo

2 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Yep.  Sadly true.  And sadly somehow some of the 'Gas Girls' from the admittedly woeful 'Rovers Appreciation Page' on Facebook made the panel. 

Now I don't want to sound snobby but these 'girls' do come over as a bit rough and chavvy at the best of times so I'm surprised they were chosen and made the cut to the panel.  They spend most of their time online talking about penis size and the players they fancy :facepalm: grim.

Anyway - positive news - talks are advanced on the new training ground site, 29 acres, hoping to start a move in March.   Will aim to be a Cat 2 Academy - woohoo

.....Whereas the men talk about the girth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Not surprised they talk about penis size . Rovers players are all massive pricks

14 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Really?

This is what will be required and they think they will be able to fulfil this from scatch?

“Category 2” means that the football club passed an audit showing that the club is able to fulfill a set of very specific criteria. The audit process works on a three-year cycle, with the current cycle beginning in the upcoming season 2016/2017. The process involves a rigorous look at the function of the Academy across a set of pre-determined criteria:

• Club Vision and Values

• Coaching Programme

• Sports Science and Medicine

• Recruitment

• Education and Welfare

Facilities

• Finance

• Productivity

The football club’s own investment in achieving these criteriacurrently about £600,000 per year – is then supplemented by a Grant from the Premier League in the region of £500,000. This joint figure of roughly £1.1 million is then dedicated to the Academy and allows it to fulfill the required criteria. This money is paid once an Academy Performance plan has been produced, followed by an online submission against over 300 specific requirements and then confirmed by a five-day audit inspection from an independent company."

Ambition or more pie in the sky?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

So funding isn't a problem and they're completely set on the site BUT they're employing people to review the deal.

So everyone now knows how the stadium falls through. Accountants advise not to do it - not Waels fault. 

I wish he'd been wired to a lie detector!

It was like the interview room ..." No comment....no comment".

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

Well - no.  Although he did say the UWE is the only site they're looking at, and funding isn't a problem. But then said a team of accountants are currently reviewing feasibility and lots of discussions with other parties need to conclude.  So nobody any the wiser really.

Oh and just about the worst fans panel they could pull together - cringeworthy even if I say so myself. 

Firstly wasn't the audience invited?, if yes good to see democracy in action.

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Danny, I'm surprised at that admission.

Any true Gashead will tell you that once a site has been selected, design completed, planning permission obtained and finance put in place.

The next logical step is to do a feasibility study :yes: 

Absolutely spot on and anything else is just bullshit, but i'm sure it will be swallowed.

1 hour ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question: Where do you want this club to be in a years time.

Answer: Above Bristol City. 

Question: What is the ambition of this club.

Answer: To be higher in the League than Bristol City.

So the obsession starts at the very top then.  Not , we want to be in the Championship or to have a new ground. It's all about us.

It really is a tragic comedy of a club

Added to one chap who was surprised that Doppy Daryl talked to Leeds as they really are no bigger than Rovers

Now that's just stupid

• Like 1