IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question:

Where do you want this club to be in a years time.

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

What is the ambition of this club.

Answer:

To be higher in the League than Bristol City.

Sorry, I've read this a few times and I'm a bit confused....

Who asked the questions and who gave those answers?

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Danny, I'm surprised at that admission.

Any true Gashead will tell you that once a site has been selected, design completed, planning permission obtained and finance put in place.

The next logical step is to do a feasibility study :yes: 

Keep getting those likes Bert. It must keep you happy. 

Have you been to many games lately? Which ones? Do you think that the club and squad have improved or declined in the last two years?

Wally, cant put a time scale on anything, best case for rovers is if an agreement was made today, stadium is a 2 year build, so they will be at the dumping ground  campsite memorial stadium for at least 2 and half years.

the person who did the interview in Jordan asked Wael "if Clarke said he found a striker but he would cost £1m, could he buy him?" Wally said yes, his brothers shouted no.

When asking wael best friend if Wael had the cash to make Rovers succeed there was a very noticeable hesitation.

Questions to fans:

question about possibility of dopey leaving- one fan was worried they would lose him, Clarke will take Rovers to where they need to be.

where do they need to be? "above Bristol city"

Losing to Chelsea was second to Wembley in '07 @Robbored do you agree?

Asking expectations

1st fan "top 10"

2nd fan "playing Bristol City next season"

3rd fan "mid table"

58 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Cr2QxlBWcAAia4T.jpg:large

Another boycott by the blue few it seems.

They should have booked DancinDanneyD as a warm up act that would of packed them in. I can see it now the evening starting with a chorus of GN Irene followed by a rigorous Oki Koki rounded off with a game of celebrity gas bingo and a warm mug of Cocoa. What an embarrassment that club is.

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Have you been to many games lately? Which ones? Do you think that the club and squad have improved or declined in the last two years?

Bert is only stating the obviously surely even you can see that!

Put it this way, identify a site and draw up a contract with the land owner for use of said land, pay for a architect to design a house, put planning permission in with the local council, arrange for tradesmen etc to be on site and on time, and then finally ask the wife if you can actually afford the dam thing.

REALLY!

8 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Oh look, Scooby Doo is on the case now.

Chill out for a bit 'Flea'...Detective Fanny hasn't finished his interrogation/grooming yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

More bull by wally then with regards to cat 2 academy. But no doubt the blue few will lap it up. If he can't put his hand in his pocket for a transfer fee then how's he gonna fund 2 mil per annum to fund it let alone the initial cost of putting the infrastructure in place?

Yep. There`s none as blind as them who will not see. Could you seriously imagine us putting up with this bollocks? I couldn`t.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep. There`s none as blind as them who will not see. Could you seriously imagine us putting up with this bollocks? I couldn`t.

I promised myself I wouldn't listen but I think I have to so I can argue with them all tomorrow with confidence. Probably still won't shut them up though. And no doubt they will all be playing boob cricket down the Wellington tonight after hearing that in 12 months time they will be above us in the championship.

Have a team ever been promoted from league 1 without spending a transfer fee? Even Burton paid 20k for someone last yr I think. 

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh look, Scooby Doo is on the case now.

Chill out for a bit 'Flea'...Detective Fanny hasn't finished his interrogation/grooming yet.

I will wait in turn for my internal examination. Be gentle, and use some lube.

But I don't have a problem with any of you lot here. I get it, and your mods allow me to post on here, so that's all good.  You're supporting your club, and taking the piss out of us, with good reason, until recently.

I am troubled by Bert, though, either by what he purports to be, in which case he is perhaps not the best fan in the world, or he is a fake, in which case he's just a bit sad.

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Asking expectations

1st fan "top 10"

2nd fan "playing Bristol City next season"

3rd fan "mid table"

Was that a genuine response from a fan? If so, what a bloody moron. In fact I'd go further but the filters don't allow it.

That doesn't even require their own progression, it requires - at worst - our regression. And they'd be happy that we regress at a faster rate, or a rate fast enough to drop to their state? 

Stunning. Given that even if in first team matters we do regress to league one, as a club we are several years ahead - as pointed out stadium built, cat 2 in place, training facilities in place, I mean even if the worst happened and we finished 24th and they finished 20th and we played each other next year, we are still immeasurably apart. Immeasurably because we have 'in place' what they have 'in plan'. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Was that a genuine response from a fan? If so, was a bloody moron. In fact I'd go further but the filters don't allow it.

That doesn't even require their own progression, it requires - at worst - our regression. And they'd be happy that we regress at a faster rate, or a rate fast enough to drop to their state? 

Given that even if in first team matters we do regress to league lne but as a club we are several years ahead - as pointed out stadium built, cat 2 in place, training facilities in place, I mean even if the worst happened and we finished 24th and they finished 20th and we played each other next year, we are still immeasurably apart. Immeasurably because we have 'in place' what they have 'in plan'. 

100% genuine,  think it was the same lady who replied "above Bristol City" when asked where Rovers need to be

13 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You're supporting your club, and taking the piss out of us, with good reason, until recently.

Why? What's changed? As far as I can see, your mob are still the gift that keeps on giving.....take tonight for instance.

A fans q&a....but invitation only and then all that turn up is a coach load of blue rinses. No probing questions were asked to the owner who had his back to the audience and you're still none the wiser as to what the hell is going on with UWE.

On top of that, the only ambitions of your fans appear to be playing or finishing above Bristol City

I really can't see this thread ever being redundant

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Was that a genuine response from a fan? If so, was a bloody moron. In fact I'd go further but the filters don't allow it.

Given that even if in first team matters we do regress to league lne but as a club we are several years ahead - as pointed out stadium built, cat 2 in place, training facilities in place, I mean even if the worst happened and we finished 24th and they finished 20th and we played each other next year, we are still immeasurably apart. Immeasurably because we have 'in place' what they have 'in plan'. 

Let's be honest , all they do is plan they never actually do anything . And the mugs lap it up every time :clapping:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

More bull by wally then with regards to cat 2 academy. But no doubt the blue few will lap it up. If he can't put his hand in his pocket for a transfer fee then how's he gonna fund 2 mil per annum to fund it let alone the initial cost of putting the infrastructure in place?

And of course Radio Bristol will report it completely uncritically, the same as the local media all do when they never question this "billionaire" horseshit.

Oh look, Andy Howard of Radio Bristol has now done just that, retweeting it without any comment at all on the almost impossibility of achieving the criterion that are required..

Where has the 'top 10 / above us' come from? We are in the play off zone of the Championship and that shower of s**t are in the L1 relegation zone. Am I missing something? 

The only comparison between the 2 clubs nowadays is the 'Bristol' in the respective names. Other than that we are eons ahead in every respect. R*vers are rarely sung about at the Gate anymore and apart from a quick look at the results screens on the way out, rarely mentioned.  A genuine question, can someone name 1 (that's ONE) thing they have or can do better than us apart from lose to Scunthorpe?

1 minute ago, 8menhadadream said:

Where has the 'top 10 / above us' come from? We are in the play off zone of the Championship and that shower of s**t are in the L1 relegation zone. Am I missing something? 

The only comparison between the 2 clubs nowadays is the 'Bristol' in the respective names. Other than that we are eons ahead in every respect. R*vers are rarely sung about at the Gate anymore and apart from a quick look at the results screens on the way out, rarely mentioned.  A genuine question, can someone name 1 (that's ONE) thing they have or can do better than us apart from lose to Scunthorpe?

Create a myth?

1) apparently have the "best fans in the world"

2) apparently "have a billionaire owner"

3) claim to have taken more fans to Wembley than they actually (even Wael says this).

4) "loyal and true" just like their last Eastville crowd..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

We've never won the conference playoff final 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

First team in Bristol to wear blue?

No hang on we were 1894 and they were 1897. 

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

Danny, I'm surprised at that admission.

Any true Gashead will tell you that once a site has been selected, design completed, planning permission obtained and finance put in place.

The next logical step is to do a feasibility study :yes: 

Really?

So before you decide if a project is feasible you go to the considerable expense of paying hundreds of thousands of pounds in architects fees, planning consultants, designers, lawyers and god knows who else.

Wouldn't want to be the other half of your pantomime horse!

9 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

They'll find it difficult to get a cat 2 academy due to us being so close to them in proximity. Honestly, that's taken into consideration, even though it shouldn't be.

although it is overlooked at Cat 1 level in London, Liverpool, Manchester and the black country

29 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Really?

So before you decide if a project is feasible you go to the considerable expense of paying hundreds of thousands of pounds in architects fees, planning consultants, designers, lawyers and god knows who else.

Wouldn't want to be the other half of your pantomime horse!

But the new guys haven't done that have they, Higgs did,

weal (hamer) is playing for time as the continue to beg (not used loosely) for finance

uwe isn't happening

• Like 1