IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Purple Paul said:

They may be gullible but the moron lable/tag is definitely one for this side of the river. You only have to read this thread to know which lot of supporters are moronic and that is being kind.

Purple, if you are going to start throwing insults about I would strongly suggest you learn to spell first - all you've actually proven is who exactly is the moron.

• Like 1

So as I see it, you're all in agreement:

Rovers are clueless, tinpot, the owner is an unprofessional buffoon stringing the fans along and hasn't got 2 brass farthings to rub together, there's never going to be a new stadium or training complex, the fans are all muppets, forever in your shadow, no longer rivals, you don't even care about them any more...

I think we get the point. It's preaching to the converted isn't it? I mean, you all think it, and you all know it to be true.  Yet you all still have to keep saying it over and over and reaffirming it to yourselves every day. 

Why? Things are going well for City right now, Europa League on the near horizon according to your manager, if we're no longer rivals why not just take a chill pill and not get yourselves into such a lather every day? Why the obsession? Really, why? We are nothing to you.  Move on.

Have a good weekend all! 

And I'll see any Rovers fans that use the forum (both long standing and newbies? at the Mem tomorrow? 

Take care everyone, enjoy the weekend :-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Read it.  Its all smoke and mirrors with them.  Nothing concrete. Nothing happening.  A consultation here, a consultation there.  They talk an awful lot, but nothing actually happens.

Yet the blue few all believe they are on the brink of a new dawn.  Mate of mine, says and I quote "He is not going to throw money at the team.  Its all about the infrastructure and getting things right off the pitch first."  I was to assume he meant the training pitch, the ground and the academy. All of which as we know, are at the consultative stage.

Maybe Wael should change his name to the "conSultan of Bristol"

9 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Rovers are clueless, tinpot, the owner is an unprofessional buffoon stringing the fans along and hasn't got 2 brass farthings to rub together, there's never going to be a new stadium or training complex, the fans are all muppets, forever in your shadow, no longer rivals, you don't even care about them any more...

I think we get the point. It's preaching to the converted isn't it? I mean, you all think it, and you all know it to be true.  Yet you all still have to keep saying it over and over and reaffirming it to yourselves every day. 

Why? Things are going well for City right now, Europa League on the near horizon according to your manager, if we're no longer rivals why not just take a chill pill and not get yourselves into such a lather every day? Why the obsession? Really, why? We are nothing to you.  Move on.

Have a good weekend all! 

And I'll see any Rovers fans that use the forum (both long standing and newbies? at the Mem tomorrow? 

So bitter

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Have a good weekend all! 

And I'll see any Rovers fans that use the forum (both long standing and newbies? at the Mem tomorrow

Are you just desperate for friends?

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Read it.  Its all smoke and mirrors with them.  Nothing concrete. Nothing happening.  A consultation here, a consultation there.  They talk an awful lot, but nothing actually happens.

Yet the blue few all believe they are on the brink of a new dawn.  Mate of mine, says and I quote "He is not going to throw money at the team.  Its all about the infrastructure and getting things right off the pitch first."  I was to assume he meant the training pitch, the ground and the academy. All of which as we know, are at the consultative stage.

The new regime have been in place since the end of February.  Just over half a year.  What did you expect? The UWE, a brand new Training complex and Champions league football to be delivered in that time? 

The old board were woeful.  The new one has started well but still has a lot to prove. For now they surely have benefit of the doubt - the clock is ticking and yes, material things will need to start to come together and be delivered over the coming 12 months but blimey, give them a chance .. 

1 minute ago, DancinDannyD said:

The new regime have been in place since the end of February.  Just over half a year.  What did you expect? The UWE, a brand new Training complex and Champions league football to be delivered in that time? 

No.  But surely you would want a statement of intent, backed with something financial.  A marquee signing? Any signing.

You cannot be happy at the last transfer window.  It was an opportunity to display to the fans, exactly the type club he wants to own.  He could have shown you the financial clout you all believe he has.  He didn't back his manager at all.  I am sure DC came to him with a list of players he wanted to buy. 

That must of been a very uneasy conversation between the two of them.

The clock is ticking. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

The old board were woeful.  The new one has started well but still has a lot to prove. For now they surely have benefit of the doubt - the clock is ticking and yes, material things will need to start to come together and be delivered over the coming 12 months but blimey, give them a chance .. 

The new board haven't done a thing.

Oh, sorry, I forgot the new canopy. The new board have bought a new canopy from B&Q and said an awful lot without making a shred of progress.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

the owner is an unprofessional buffoon stringing the fans along and hasn't got 2 brass farthings to rub together, there's never going to be a new stadium or training complex, 

Not at all Danny.

Personally I think you've fallen on your feet with the Al Qadis who will deliver the stadium and a new training complex.

Whether they are as willing to stick with it through the less successful times like Lansdown has done with us remains to be seen.

I think you'll find that if some of our fans are quick to take the piss out of the apparent lack of instant changes off the field at Rovers it's mainly in response to the w@nkfest and deluded predictions directed at City from Sagheads on Gaschat and Facebook when Wally arrived back in February. 

Your spunk trumpet mates don't help themselves I'm afraid. 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Have a good weekend all! 

Cards on the table time I think.

Your club, and it's fans have had a very weird obsession with us from the very early days. If this was a domestic situation 99% of your fans would have restraining orders against them. That is how bad it is.

Every time you score a goal or some other insignificant event we are bombarded with messages of how your coming for us. But in times of hardship, we don't hear from you. Isn't that right Danny Boy?

We find this weird obsession rather funny and we know us laughing at you for losing to the likes of Bath City is intolerable for your fans.

I'll cut you a deal here. You and all of your other fans STFU about us (this includes your board and official social media accounts) and then we won't continue to laugh at you! Deal? Doubt it because your obsession with us is deeply rooted in your clubs Dna and without that obsession what else do you have left? A dodgy owner who has admitted he's only in it for the value(sounds like asset stripping) a rugby stadium you stole, only able to.sign players on free or on loan and a poxy car boot sale on a Sunday.

Somehow I think this obsession with us kind of makes you forget for a.briefing moment just how tin pot the club you support is.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Cards on the table time I think.

Your club, and it's fans have had a very weird obsession with us from the very early days. If this was a domestic situation 99% of your fans would have restraining orders against them. That is how bad it is.

Every time you score a goal or some other insignificant event we are bombarded with messages of how your coming for us. But in times of hardship, we don't hear from you. Isn't that right Danny Boy?

We find this weird obsession rather funny and we know us laughing at you for losing to the likes of Bath City is intolerable for your fans.

I'll cut you a deal here. You and all of your other fans STFU about us (this includes your board and official social media accounts) and then we won't continue to laugh at you! Deal? Doubt it because your obsession with us is deeply rooted in your clubs Dna and without that obsession what else do you have left? A dodgy owner who has admitted he's only in it for the value(sounds like asset stripping) a rugby stadium you stole, only able to.sign players on free or on loan and a poxy car boot sale on a Sunday.

Somehow I think this obsession with us kind of makes you forget for a.briefing moment just how tin pot the club you support is.

Even Mark Ashton has said Rovers are obsessed now!

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

You must have the same mate as me. When this bloke was put in charge the same mate told me that "the FFP didn't count for them and he could throw as much at the team as he wanted (20 million was quoted) and just write off the debt to himself". Now "he can't be like your lot throwing money at the club and hoping", and last week I had the "we don't want to go up with the stadium we got". 

A few of the blues will start asking questions sooner or later surely, they cannot keep talking about all the plans and do nothing can they? Maybe a journalist can ask some proper questions and demands some actual answers with substance......I doubt it mind...

Just now, DancinDannyD said:

Have a good weekend all! 

And there is the difference, we want Europa league and why not, and all you want to be above us , no matter where we are in the league table.

Really could not care less about you unless we had to play you. All this is just a piss take. Long may it continue, And it will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not at all Danny.

Personally I think you've fallen on your feet with the Al Qadis who will deliver the stadium and a new training complex.

Whether they are as willing to stick with it through the less successful times like Lansdown has done with us remains to be seen.

I think you'll find that if some of our fans are quick to take the piss out of the apparent lack of instant changes off the field at Rovers it's mainly in response to the w@nkfest and deluded predictions directed at City from Sagheads on Gaschat and Facebook when Wally arrived back in February. 

Your spunk trumpet mates don't help themselves I'm afraid. 

Spot on! Like that drunken chump on You Tube saying now they're the richest club in Bristol they will buy Ashton Gate and turn it into a training pitch for their youth team, blah, blah....and they are much bigger than us now, and they have more money etc etc etc.

And every time I watch an episode of Happy Days (on one of those channels that replays stuff from years back) I just think of Dopey and laugh and laugh!

They really do think they are on the brink of unbridled success and rapid progression, with absolutely nothing to base that deluded opinion upon....it's really rather hilarious and quite satisfying.

#We'reComingForYou

#TickTock

HaHa!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

Have a good weekend all! 

I see no one congratulated you on your 500th post Prancin, 500 posts, on a Bristol City forum, when you're a Bristol Rovers fan. Nothing odd about that at all.

Only second now to Miah in the long list of R*vers fans who use this forum. Hope your mob don't go down again so you go MIA for 2 years.

Have fun at Chernobyl against Rochdale, massive game for you, relegation 6 pointer already. :shutup:

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Bert might be disloyal or an imposter, but moron is a bit harsh.

Disloyal?! What the hell would make him disloyal? The fact that he poses pertinent questions?! You seem to expect all rovers fans to follow blindly and this, THIS, is why your club has stumbled from shambles to shambles. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hello said:

where was he begging for investors? I imagine as an investment banker he has contacts/knowledge of people who would want in on this sort of scheme

As for what they will get out of it, that does remain to be seen and depends on who they are

You're correct he does have contacts the issue is all have been exhausted and nobody wants "in"

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Somewhere in this increasingly lengthy thread there was a few links to pieces in the EP saying that he was seeking investment both at home and in London. 

Correct, several high profile investment banks.

6 hours ago, Hello said:

I guess you were in on all the conversations then?

Not personally but business associates of mine were.

I tend to believe those who have no axe to grind. 

I'll also make it really simple for everyone to understand, the stadium ain't happening. 

The sooner you directly challenge the Emperors New Clothes the better.

• Like 3