IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

Disloyal?! What the hell would make him disloyal? The fact that he poses pertinent questions?! You seem to expect all rovers fans to follow blindly and this, THIS, is why your club has stumbled from shambles to shambles. 

We've stumbled from the Conference to League 1 in two years. The old leadership who led us to the Conference have gone.  Based on last season, we are 7th in home attendance, competing against the likes of Millwall, Coventry and Sheffield United. Away attendances are incredible considering what we've gone through in recent years.

It doesn't match where you are now, but to call it a shambles is frankly nonsense.

But you knew that when you wrote it.

12 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We've stumbled from the Conference to League 1 in two years. The old leadership who led us to the Conference have gone.  Based on last season, we are 7th in home attendance, competing against the likes of Millwall, Coventry and Sheffield United. Away attendances are incredible considering what we've gone through in recent years.

It doesn't match where you are now, but to call it a shambles is frankly nonsense.

Refer to your first sentence, the fact a club of rovers' size went in to the conference is a shambles.

Edited by Son Of Nob

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Your mega-rich new owner has stumped up no cash for transfers, your star player wanted to leave, only to find no-one else wanted him, there continues to be no news of progress on your new stadium, their are vague comments about a new training site which is urgent given the lease on your current academy(?) site ends before the end of this season.

Yep - clearly nonsense to think this might be a shambles. 

• Like 2

I kind of feel sorry for all they've been through as a club recently. After all, most of us live/work with and are friends with people of the blue persuasion and I personally pity them.

Then all that changed when I found myself working next to one of the blue few and he started spouting the myth that Wally  (or more accurately, Where's Wallet) is worth £80 billion and they are the 7th richest club in the world. I laughed so much I honestly couldn't speak to him for the rest of the day.

I thought that would be the end of it when he then introduced me to his work colleague who was also another fewer. This new guy then tried telling me that the Al Qadi family are worth £160 billion and WAQ is worth at least £60 billion on his own.

After my tears of laughter eventually subsided, I asked himto Google the Forbes Rich List and tell me where WAQ ranks amongst the worlds elite. He then spent half an hour looking at his phone before telling me Bill Gates was worth £50 billion and walking off.........He hasn't said a word to me since.

I would like to think I'm trying to educate people to look through the smokescreen but in reality all I'm doing is confusing the lowest common denominator and it makes me feel kind of dirty.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I kind of feel sorry for all they've been through as a club recently. After all, most of us live/work with and are friends with people of the blue persuasion and I personally pity them.

Then all that changed when I found myself working next to one of the blue few and he started spouting the myth that Wally  (or more accurately, Where's Wallet) is worth £80 billion and they are the 7th richest club in the world. I laughed so much I honestly couldn't speak to him for the rest of the day.

I thought that would be the end of it when he then introduced me to his work colleague who was also another fewer. This new guy then tried telling me that the Al Qadi family are worth £160 billion and WAQ is worth at least £60 billion on his own.

After my tears of laughter eventually subsided, I asked himto Google the Forbes Rich List and tell me where WAQ ranks amongst the worlds elite. He then spent half an hour looking at his phone before telling me Bill Gates was worth £50 billion and walking off.........He hasn't said a word to me since.

I would like to think I'm trying to educate people to look through the smokescreen but in reality all I'm doing is confusing the lowest common denominator and it makes me feel kind of dirty.

It is just too easy sometimes, like shooting fish in a barrel. Entertaining though it is messing with the heads of the deluded blue ones I feel the best is yet to come. Once the majority finally do see past the smoke and mirrors and it dawns on them that they`ve been had yet again the ensuing meltdown will be a sight to behold.

37 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

37 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Hmm, didn't that same old leadership also lead you back into the league and we're custodians for the majority of last season?

Wally had very little to do with your.success last season.

Yes they led you to the Conference but they also mainly over saw your rise to League one. You shouldn't forget that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is just too easy sometimes, like shooting fish in a barrel. Entertaining though it is messing with the heads of the deluded blue ones I feel the best is yet to come. Once the majority finally do see past the smoke and mirrors and it dawns on them that they`ve been had yet again the ensuing meltdown will be a sight to behold.

You see, that's the point I was trying to make. My best friend is a G*s season ticket holder and when they were relegated to non-league I never said a word to him as I knew he would be hurting. Since they have started to be successful (relatively, considering the leagues they have been competing in), he's been all over social media giving it large about their success and how shit we were for the first half of last season and how they're coming for us.

The thing is, I feel I should have patience and not bite (let alone point out the massive gap between us) but im getting to the end of my tether as I feel I did the right thing and put football rivalries to one side for the benefit of my mate, only to have it thrown back in my face once they started winning games. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Cards on the table time I think.

Your club, and it's fans have had a very weird obsession with us from the very early days. If this was a domestic situation 99% of your fans would have restraining orders against them. That is how bad it is.

Every time you score a goal or some other insignificant event we are bombarded with messages of how your coming for us. But in times of hardship, we don't hear from you. Isn't that right Danny Boy?

We find this weird obsession rather funny and we know us laughing at you for losing to the likes of Bath City is intolerable for your fans.

I'll cut you a deal here. You and all of your other fans STFU about us (this includes your board and official social media accounts) and then we won't continue to laugh at you! Deal? Doubt it because your obsession with us is deeply rooted in your clubs Dna and without that obsession what else do you have left? A dodgy owner who has admitted he's only in it for the value(sounds like asset stripping) a rugby stadium you stole, only able to.sign players on free or on loan and a poxy car boot sale on a Sunday.

Somehow I think this obsession with us kind of makes you forget for a.briefing moment just how tin pot the club you support is.

Oh please, as well as Bath City, please never let them forget this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34691159

They've got a smaller population than Yate! 

#We'reComingForYou

#TickTock

HaHa!

• Like 2

Just now, RED4LIFE said:

You see, that's the point I was trying to make. My best friend is a G*s season ticket holder and when they were relegated to non-league I never said a word to him as I knew he would be hurting. Since they have started to be successful (relatively, considering the leagues they have been competing in), he's been all over social media giving it large about their success and how shit we were for the first half of last season and how they're coming for us.

The thing is, I feel I should have patience and not bite (let alone point out the massive gap between us) but im getting to the end of my tether as I feel I did the right thing and put football rivalries to one side for the benefit of my mate, only to have it thrown back in my face once they started winning games. 

Thus it always has been. And always will be. I suffered the same fate . I just choose to distance myself from it. Only care when we have to play them.

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Congratulations for being 7th after a couple of home games... you must be 'prowed'. 1st home game of the season and then you played Bolton.... lets be honest, for a pokey little club like yours Bolton being ex Prem would be a huge draw for fans anyway.

I'm sure your average crowds will dwindle when you get fully bogged down in the relegaton mire, I still laugh that you failed to beat Bath or Chesham in competitive games... now that is a total shambles

It certainly is embarrassing when your dream is to be above us and that seems to be your clubs dream, your official twitter account taking digs at City and Dopeys comments about us.... your obsession knows no bounds. And maybe we'd give it a rest if you didn't supply so much gold, like when Wali took over you were the 3rd richest club on the planet, how you're coming for us and so on. I say keep supplying it because you're club is probably the most deluded and most laughable in the football league. You also seem to think you're loved by other fans when in reality it seems alot of clubs have a dislike of you or in fact despise you

Keep it up. 

#ticktock

Edited by Dark Wood Covert
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Just had a city player say to me that " our fans obsession with u is embarrassing ".   Reads this forum.   Brilliant, maybe you guys should give rover's a rest, 340 pages on ur own forum!!!

Funny you should say that because I've just had a Rovers player say to me that the Mem is like a morgue most of the time and its embarrassing that your fans are so obsessed with US that when asked where they want the club to be in the future they simply answer "above City"...

Cant tell you who though, shhh, it's a secret!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Just had a city player say to me that " our fans obsession with u is embarrassing ".   Reads this forum.   Brilliant, maybe you guys should give rover's a rest, 340 pages on ur own forum!!!

Nice try mate. Even if that were the case then we will be happy to show the rovers obsession over the last 15 years. Somewhere in this thread is a screenshot showing a page of threads on the gas forum each one named something about city. Tannoy announcements and relegation parties hmm you thick ***** dont get it do you! We know you read our forum all the time and you bite all the time!

This thread does its job well. If any nause thinks we are more obsessive than rovers fans then they need to get a reality check!

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Tell you what, you bizarre fantasist, next time your imaginary footballer mate tells you how obsessed we are....point him in the direction of Gaschat. I didn't even have to look hard either, the first topic on the page is about work starting on the UWE Stadium car park and its quickly become a conversation about us. 

'Oh yes'.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Somewhere in this thread is a screenshot showing a page of threads on the gas forum each one named something about City.

Earlier in the year, around the time we were trying to sign Clough. Just imagine if they managed to get into the same division as us, or even one whole place above us in the league? **** me!

image.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Why are you on here you lying little maggot, crawl off back to that stinking carcass of a club you came from, what a tosser

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

I think we get the point. It's preaching to the converted isn't it? I mean, you all think it, and you all know it to be true.  Yet you all still have to keep saying it over and over and reaffirming it to yourselves every day

You really don't get it, still.

I'd suggest the fact that you and your mates are on here everyday suggest that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Hmm!That didn't seem to go to well for you. Never mind mate.I will say I believe you if it makes you feel better.