IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Tbf ,  they are now financially secure or at least safe in the short term. In that respect he's done a good job (where that debt has gone maybe another question.)

What I don't get is originally , under Higgs , I thought everything was in place . If Sainsbury's had bought the ground it was all systems go. Now their new leader is doing feasibility studies . I thought the stall was funding , I don't blame him for not wanting to spend a large proportion of his (his families ? ) personal wealth on something that they won't own outright, but (and I've said before , I'm no financial wiz ) if the risk is too great for you and you own the club how will they attract investors who would want a large return on their investment. 

Another point .....  If the delusional gAss had not come out with all the Billionaire , 6th richest club in the world , Prem in three years , we're coming for you BULL then this thread would have died a long time ago.  They are the gift that keeps giving , even though they don't realise and many on here don't want it !

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, daored said:

Said it before and everyday being proven right, the guy is simply out of his depth. He was happy to play along with the billionaire comments when he took over, now the reality is he needs to spend money and serious money. The club is going to struggle in league 1; early signs suggest that and they need an influx of players, now got to wait till January. The ground is another matter, they need capital to find the build and every week there's an excuse, the EU vote was strange, now they've got the money  but need to do another consultation. Wouldn't that have been done when they brought the club? UWE was already in place then? Unfortunately for Rover's they've got someone in who brought himself a toy and doesn't have the capital required to run it. Maybe they've got delay tactics so UWE pull out 

I don't think he bought them as a toy, he probably thought it was a genuinely good business deal.

Possible this happened...

Higgs said buy the club, it has assets and only a small amount of debt. They ask why he is selling the club then, well because he has to service a loan and has ran out of lines of credit.

Wael looks at the finances, yup, a couple of loans to pay off that have fallen due, and then the club is debt free with a nice large asset in the Mem. Seems a good deal, check with Higgs what kind of cut he want's out of the deal - he ask for maybe 1-2 million and bingo - Rovers have a new owner, Dwayne Sports, who are registered in Jersey and have now got the purchase and loan payments on their books. Now he starts to realise the club runs at a loss, that the UWE deal is not a clear cut as it seemed, in fact UWE seem keen on using the land for a new faculty. Wael also realises that they will not own the land, and that Rovers will be nothing more than tenants and for that privilege they have to front most of the building costs - so he has to renegotiate to get a better deal.

Wael looks at his £70 odd million wealth and starts wondering how much he should put into the club... it's a big gamble, and most of the wealth is tied up in assets, so he looks for financing, but what kind of returns can they expect from the ground for a large up front costs ? Probably nowhere enough to make it a decent deal, so he struggles to find anyone to get on board.... and that's where we now are Wael goes to sleep at night cussing Higgs and dreaming of owning a trouble free Gillingham. 

So Rovers are owned by a offshore company, in a tax haven, by a business man from Jordan - and what is it they say about us and Lansdown ?

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Tbf ,  they are now financially secure or at least safe in the short term. In that respect he's done a good job (where that debt has gone maybe another question.)

What I don't get is originally , under Higgs , I thought everything was in place . If Sainsbury's had bought the ground it was all systems go. Now their new leader is doing feasibility studies . I thought the stall was funding , I don't blame him for not wanting to spend a large proportion of his (his families ? ) personal wealth on something that they won't own outright, but (and I've said before , I'm no financial wiz ) if the risk is too great for you and you own the club how will they attract investors who would want a large return on their investment. 

Another point .....  If the delusional gAss had not come out with all the Billionaire , 6th richest club in the world , Prem in three years , we're coming for you BULL then this thread would have died a long time ago.  They are the gift that keeps giving , even though they don't realise and many on here don't want it !

It wouldn't have even been that bad if it was just the fans, but I heard their own club rep doing the summariser role the first match after the takeover, reiterate these exact "facts". Surely that would have been a good time for the club, through the local media outlet, to correct the misinformation. The fact they didn't take that opportunity comes as misleading at best and dishonest at worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

I don't think he bought them as a toy, he probably thought it was a genuinely good business deal.

Possible this happened...

Higgs said buy the club, it has assets and only a small amount of debt. They ask why he is selling the club then, well because he has to service a loan and has ran out of lines of credit.

Wael looks at the finances, yup, a couple of loans to pay off that have fallen due, and then the club is debt free with a nice large asset in the Mem. Seems a good deal, check with Higgs what kind of cut he want's out of the deal - he ask for maybe 1-2 million and bingo - Rovers have a new owner, Dwayne Sports, who are registered in Jersey and have now got the purchase and loan payments on their books. Now he starts to realise the club runs at a loss, that the UWE deal is not a clear cut as it seemed, in fact UWE seem keen on using the land for a new faculty. Wael also realises that they will not own the land, and that Rovers will be nothing more than tenants and for that privilege they have to front most of the building costs - so he has to renegotiate to get a better deal.

Wael looks at his £70 odd million wealth and starts wondering how much he should put into the club... it's a big gamble, and most of the wealth is tied up in assets, so he looks for financing, but what kind of returns can they expect from the ground for a large up front costs ? Probably nowhere enough to make it a decent deal, so he struggles to find anyone to get on board.... and that's where we now are Wael goes to sleep at night cussing Higgs and dreaming of owning a trouble free Gillingham. 

So Rovers are owned by a offshore company, in a tax haven, by a business man from Jordan - and what is it they say about us and Lansdown ?

You wanne make a small fortune from owning a football club, start with a big fortune.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

To be fair to him, he denied his family being worth £1.4 billion in his 1st press conference. He almost laughed at the suggestion the value was anywhere near that.

That didn't stop the Rovers fans believing it though.

He comes across as a pretty decent bloke-that knows not a thing about running a football club.

Some G*s fans banging on about Steve Lansdown and his Guernsey residency...

Might want to look at their owner...

Dwane Sports Limited. Registered in Jersey.

That company being owned by Aramis Investments and Aramis Services.

Those companies being owned by Equiom (Jersey). https://www.equiomgroup.com/en/locations/jersey/

Maximum obfuscation.

Edited by View from the Dolman

13 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I'd rather wipe my ass with 40 grit sand paper... after a case of the runs and inflamed hemorrhoids.

Really? I imagine it will be the source of at least another 2 pages worth of comment on gullible ones.

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Their one and only beef with SL is that he pumps millions into us, not them. That's it.

This bitterness is compounded by the fact they have never had anyone willing or able to back them to the same degree (when they so desperately need it). Until now, of course. What they could do, with someone like SL...

But to throw mud at SL simply because he is red, not blue would leave them wide open to mockery, so they pretend to be outraged by his non-dom status.

Of course, if they were geniunely affronted by football club owners not doing their bit for their country or for being questionable characters, they would be "banging on" about the owner of Sports Direct, or the one running Villa into the ground until recently, or the ones borrowing hundreds of millions to buy Man Utd and lumbering the club with the debt, or the goon at Cardiff/Fulham/Forest (take your pick), not the one employing local people at the going rate along Anchor Road and ploughing millions into the local economy in south Bristol (and rescuing long established local sporting clubs, rather than taking advantage of them at their most vulnerable). 

But they don't give a f*** about any of that. What pisses them off is that he is spending millions on us, not on them. It's hypocrisy laced with decades of bitter, bitter envy. A toxic combination.

What they seem to forget is that he personally has probably paid more in tax etc in his life, before he moved, than many of us will earn in a lifetime. Also he continues to pay tax and create jobs through Hargreaves Lansdown and Bristol Sport, in fact he must be one of Bristol's largest employers. What a bloodsucker!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Really? I imagine it will be the source of at least another 2 pages worth of comment on gullible ones.

What they seem to forget is that he personally has probably paid more in tax etc in his life, before he moved, than many of us will earn in a lifetime. Also he continues to pay tax and create jobs through Hargreaves Lansdown and Bristol Sport, in fact he must be one of Bristol's largest employers. What a bloodsucker!

Like I said, they're just full of sh1t and easily dismissed. Mike Ashley anyone?

Edited by Jack Dawe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So they are talking about the possible multi million pound transfer for a player who wasn't snapped up on a free in the summer.

#gaslogic

Well it could be argued that there are teams out there waiting to see if he continues his scoring form at League 1 level. It's not quite that illogical for once, the idea that they are now too big to sell their best players is a stunning piece of arrogance that I doubt any but about 10 clubs in Europe could genuinely claim. 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well it could be argued that there are teams out there waiting to see if he continues his scoring form at League 1 level. It's not quite that illogical for once, the idea that they are now too big to sell their best players is a stunning piece of arrogance that I doubt any but about 10 clubs in Europe could genuinely claim. 

Well they are the 6th richest in the world, so it makes perfect sense.:whistle:

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Someone,please remind our friends about FFP..

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8133/terrible-truth-signings

I like this one where the poster has put together a list of 7 'proven top quality league 1 players' that he wishes they had signed instead if the carp that they ended up with.  Just so happens that 4 of the players listed are old servants of ours. As if they would have joined that shower - they have standards you know!  #keepdreaming  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

I like this one where the poster has put together a list of 7 'proven top quality league 1 players' that he wishes they had signed instead if the carp that they ended up with.  Just so happens that 4 of the players listed are old servants of ours. As if they would have joined that shower - they have standards you know!  #keepdreaming  

Somewhere in an alternate universe there is a version of me who has gone into a very very deep depression because JET had signed for the Gas..........  

Off topic I know but, does anyone know what has happened to Scott Wagstaff is he injured?

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

I did like this bit "  I can't see why you would be puzzled at why we didn't go out and get 'proven' league 1 quality standard players, anyone who has listened to DC or has seen the type of players he's signed over the last couple of years would know that's just not his style "

Not his style? He's never been anywhere he could spend any money ffs.

When did they last pay a fee for a player? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I did like this bit "  I can't see why you would be puzzled at why we didn't go out and get 'proven' league 1 quality standard players, anyone who has listened to DC or has seen the type of players he's signed over the last couple of years would know that's just not his style "

Not his style? He's never been anywhere he could spend any money ffs.

When did they last pay a fee for a player? 

I believe it's true that their record signing is still the £350k?? That they paid for Andy Tilson, 20 odd years ago! 

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Somewhere in an alternate universe there is a version of me who has gone into a very very deep depression because JET had signed for the Gas..........  

Off topic I know but, does anyone know what has happened to Scott Wagstaff is he injured?

Screenshot_2016-09-12-15-10-37.pngApparently coming back from some kind of knock

• Like 2