IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Somewhere in an alternate universe there is a version of me who has gone into a very very deep depression because JET had signed for the Gas..........  

Off topic I know but, does anyone know what has happened to Scott Wagstaff is he injured?

Waggy was injured all season but started on Saturday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And how many failed stadium projects have there been in that time..? 

My memory goes back as far as the Severnside effort.

Definition of Rover(s): gypsy, Romany; tramp, vagrant, vagabond; hobo.

Not their fault, it's just who they are.

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

In case you were wondering, my post was dripping with sarcasm. It's what I expect from the most rose tinted of the tunnel dwellers TBH.

Sorry no, you're right I should have quoted the original post. Even I could recognise the sarcasm in your post! :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8136/sat-attendance-tour-britain

i see they are blaming Saturday's low attendance of the tour of britain

surely the loyalist most passionate fans in the country wouldn't miss a game for the cycling?

They seem rattled by that Oxfords fans comment but I can't see what it says :laugh: 

Amazed they didn't blame their low attendance on another boycott.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8136/sat-attendance-tour-britain

i see they are blaming Saturday's low attendance of the tour of britain

surely the loyalist most passionate fans in the country wouldn't miss a game for the cycling?

The thought of seeing some fat saghead ,head to toe in lycra makes me feel quite sick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I believe it's true that their record signing is still the £350k?? That they paid for Andy Tilson, 20 odd years ago! 

Don't forget the £12 000 we paid to bring Alfie Biggs back from Preston in 1962.

That was 12% of the Jimmy Greaves' £99 999 record transfer fee so if Pogba is worth £90 million today then using the same yardstick Alfie would be worth £10.8 million or about the same as your Kodja fellow. Unfortunately we cannot use that yardstick because, although the finance is in place, the feasibility study has not yet been completed.

Older OTIBers may or may not concur with my view that Harry Kane is the modern day equivalent of Alfie.  :yes:

But they will certainly agree that the rivalry between our clubs was more civilised in those days and I can only apologise for the disgraceful comments by a supposed Rovers supporter about a Bristol City WFC player. This trait of reveling in malicious abuse is not solely aimed at you reds either because the sneering at clubs like Yeovil Town and the attempted bullying of Wycombe Wanderers goes hand in hand with the vicious disrespect shown to our former managers as exemplified by the "Oldgas" post quoted earlier in this thread.   

I pray that one day the true Rovers spirit of sportsmanship will return. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/alfie-biggs-footballer-known-as-the-baron-7718496.html

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

Waggy was injured all season but started on Saturday

Came on for his debut as a sub, actually..

As for "Inside Out" I'm sure it will be yet another fawning piece of crap about Wael that doesn't ask him any difficult questions.

Here's a couple:

Seeing as you are a "billionaire" Why haven't you spent a single penny on transfer fees this summer?

How do you plan to satisfy the conditions for a level 2 Academy inside six months?

Apparently he was co-commentator on Radio Bristol for their draw with bottom of the table Rochdale on Saturday, how much more up his arse can the local media be?

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Don't forget the £12 000 we paid to bring Alfie Biggs back from Preston in 1962.

That was 12% of the Jimmy Greaves' £99 999 record transfer fee so if Pogba is worth £90 million today then using the same yardstick Alfie would be worth £10.8 million or about the same as your Kodja fellow. Unfortunately we cannot use that yardstick because, although the finance is in place, the feasibility study has not yet been completed.

Older OTIBers may or may not concur with my view that Harry Kane is the modern day equivalent of Alfie.  :yes:

But they will certainly agree that the rivalry between our clubs was more civilised in those days and I can only apologise for the disgraceful comments by a supposed Rovers supporter about a Bristol City WFC player. This trait of reveling in malicious abuse is not solely aimed at you reds either because the sneering at clubs like Yeovil Town and the attempted bullying of Wycombe Wanderers goes hand in hand with the vicious disrespect shown to our former managers as exemplified by the "Oldgas" post quoted earlier in this thread.   

I pray that one day the true Rovers spirit of sportsmanship will return. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/alfie-biggs-footballer-known-as-the-baron-7718496.html

Bert,is Alfie Biggs the one who kicked a copper,and was quite often dragged out of the Black Swan on Stapleton rd before home games.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As for "Inside Out" I'm sure it will be yet another fawning piece of crap about Wael that doesn't ask him any difficult questions.

Here's a couple:

Seeing as you are a "billionaire" Why haven't you spent a single penny on transfer fees this summer?

How do you plan to satisfy the conditions for a level 2 Academy inside six months?

Apparently he was co-commentator on Radio Bristol for their draw with bottom of the table Rochdale on Saturday, how much more up his arse can the local media be?

Lansdown has done commentary before and has had the smoke blown up his arse before by the media to be fair,

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Here's a couple:

I stand corrected. Saw somewhere Waggy was playing for possibly the first time this season and I misunderstood.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Can't see he would lie, would be interesting to see that actual deal on the table - though I doubt we ever will.

Not sure how freedom of information requests work, but it might be feasible to request details from UWE once the deal is in place.

Believe it relates to public funded organisations, so I'm guessing a Uni would be in scope.

Edited by Bristol Rob

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Universities are not exempt from FOI requests - although they are trying to wriggle out of it.

So the race is on! If they do buy land at UWE, rent land or conduct any other sort of commercial relationship with the Uni it would be in the 'interest' of taxpayers to know the nature of the arrangements to satisfy questions over value for money.