IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Never seen these before. Very stark contrast to LJs interview on Sound of the City the other week.

Darrell has some big issues.

I didn't realise how tight money was at the Mem, think I saw him flogging them outside Joes Bakery thinking about it now.

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, reddoh said:

one of  the best lines in a movie that I have seen is 'are you men gods ?' answer 'No Englishmen the next best thing' this i believe was given by a scotishman

From the film "The man who would be King"? Michael Caine and Sean Connery who uttered that phrase.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with all of their official boycotts. What was the official excuse reason for not achieving the normal sell out of the Mem which they assure us happens every match?

Expect it was something to do with the SAG?

10 hours ago, harrys said:

Oh dear, into the 7000's already, a massive 14000 less than our average and they're coming to get us?

More hilarity provided by that mob....where's the clown who was on here saying they sell 90% of their capacity every home game and who was the joker who said they sold out every away game allocation last season?! 

Do they really and truly believe what they say because it's embarrassing...?!

• Like 1

On 13 September 2016 at 10:05, CotswoldRed said:

Although many moons ago and prior to his Gas days, I think Darrell's radio phone-in is a peach and should be added to the list.

Only just listened to this, I think it's the first time I've heard him speak, jeez no wonder they call him Dopey Darrell FFS what a moron! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

More hilarity provided by that mob....where's the clown who was on here saying they sell 90% of their capacity every home game and who was the joker who said they sold out every away game allocation last season?! 

Do they really and truly believe what they say because it's embarrassing...?!

Pathological liars, as the great Danny Baker would say

• Like 1

On 13/09/2016 at 10:35, Gazred said:

Christ, he makes LJ sound like Albert Einstein. You never go full retard Darrell.

Dartell is never going to be in anyone's pub quiz team, let's face it.

To be fair to the Northern chud-monkey,  we'be had a few like that: notably our last manager. 

Not sounding like a twot is only marginally important however in football.  The real question being asked of Daz is can he hack it above pub league level? The season's far from over,  but so far the augeries ain't too clever! 

21 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with all of their official boycotts. What was the official excuse reason for not achieving the normal sell out of the Mem which they assure us happens every match?

Boycott of City Based Cricket

I wasn't really aware of Darrell Clarke before he was at Rovers so just did a quick wiki check. I'm not sure when this radio interview happened but he left Mansfield in 2001, that's quite some time ago to be fair. 

Anyway, turns out he played for Hartlepool against us in that playoff game in 2004. Never knew that before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I wasn't really aware of Darrell Clarke before he was at Rovers so just did a quick wiki check. I'm not sure when this radio interview happened but he left Mansfield in 2001, that's quite some time ago to be fair. 

Anyway, turns out he played for Hartlepool against us in that playoff game in 2004. Never knew that before.

Happy Days!

On 13 September 2016 at 17:21, Red Bill said:

I could not believe that interview.  Was DC pissed?  Maybe it was time for his medication.  Either way one has to ask - is this man fit to run a football club?

I just listened for the first time too. I am staggered. Was that honestly him or are we victims of a wind-up here, yes it was THAT bad, unprofessional and embarrassing that I am seriously questioning it. 

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

I just listened for the first time too. I am staggered. Was that honestly him or are we victims of a wind-up here, yes it was THAT bad, unprofessional and embarrassing that I am seriously questioning it. 

What a complete idiot he sounds although that interviewer has obviously been to the Talk-Sport school of interviewing, constantly talking over the interviewee which in this case was hilarious